Author Topic: Football Things on TV  (Read 63727 times)

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
Football Things on TV
« on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 01:25:40 pm »
Thought it'd be nice if we had a thread for football programmes, especially now it's WC time and there are lots of interesting things about.

I noticed tonight (1 June) there are:

BBC3, 20:00 - The World Cup's Most Shocking Moments
Richard Bacon and guest presenter Peter Crouch look back on the 50 greatest shocks in the history of the World Cup, covering the last six tournaments and including moments such as Maradona's `Hand of God', Zinedine's Zidane's headbutt and England's penalty pain. Featuring accounts from people who were there.

More4, 22:00 - The Power of the Game
As well as following the qualification campaigns of South Africa, Iran and the USA for the 2006 World Cup, Michael Apted looks at the difficulties Iranian women supporters face in watching football matches live, how apartheid still affects the sport in South Africa and how the Americans are trying to overcome apathy to football, or soccer as they know it, at home.

Offline Disco

Re: Football Things on TV
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 01:26:41 pm »
The Power of the Game sounds canny.

Offline Foluwashola

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 01:29:45 pm »
Guest presenter Peter Crouch? I sense it will be very  :facepalm:-worthy.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 01:31:22 pm »
Guest presenter Peter Crouch? I sense it will be very  :facepalm:-worthy.

Aye, it'll be pap. The other thing looks grood, though.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 01:44:45 pm »
Crouch presenting? That'll be class. :lol:

There's that Piers Morgan in South Africa thing, dunno when it's on though.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 01:52:02 pm »
Crouchy is possibly my favourite footballer comedy wise, always make's me laugh :lol:

Offline Liam Liam Liam O

• supports his local club.
  • General Member
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 01:52:32 pm »
There's that World Cup tournament thing starting soon too.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 01:54:11 pm »
Football shows on BBC3 are always s****.
Consider winning

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 02:14:06 pm »
Thought it'd be nice if we had a thread for football programmes, especially now it's WC time and there are lots of interesting things about.

I noticed tonight (1 June) there are:

BBC3, 20:00 - The World Cup's Most Shocking Moments
Richard Bacon and guest presenter Peter Crouch look back on the 50 greatest shocks in the history of the World Cup, covering the last six tournaments and including moments such as Maradona's `Hand of God', Zinedine's Zidane's headbutt and England's penalty pain. Featuring accounts from people who were there.

More4, 22:00 - The Power of the Game
As well as following the qualification campaigns of South Africa, Iran and the USA for the 2006 World Cup, Michael Apted looks at the difficulties Iranian women supporters face in watching football matches live, how apartheid still affects the sport in South Africa and how the Americans are trying to overcome apathy to football, or soccer as they know it, at home.

I think there's the offical world cup 2006 film stiaght after that.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 02:17:24 pm »
There's that World Cup tournament thing starting soon too.

Ah right. Whats that about? Think its worth a watch?

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 02:19:22 pm »
Crouchy is possibly my favourite footballer comedy wise, always make's me laugh :lol:

Yeah i like him aswell, he is funny and doesn't seem to be a typical footballer who is rapped up in his own self importance and he actually has a personality.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 04:38:19 pm »
ESPN Classic have been showing the official FIFA World Cup films/Classic Matches recently, definitely worth catching.
Consider winning

Ice__Mag

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 04:41:15 pm »
Just been watching the england v argentina game from 2002. Butt had a stormer, didn't put a foot wrong!

Offline Mr. Snrub

• General Member
  • Messi
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 05:41:03 pm »

Yeah i like him aswell, he is funny and doesn't seem to be a typical footballer who is rapped up in his own self importance and he actually has a personality.

:thup:

Seems a very sound bloke.

Offline Mr. Snrub

• General Member
  • Messi
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 09:58:58 pm »
Soo.. the world cups most shocking moment, and they don't even show it because it's an oh so offensive headbutt..

:facepalm: x 1000

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 10:00:34 pm »
Pleased I gave it a miss now. :lol:
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 10:30:00 pm »
Not bad this if anyone's watching on More4. Landon Donovan said he'd rather beat Mexico than qualify for the WC.

Offline Oakie Doke

• General Member
  • the friendliest of folk
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 10:40:20 pm »
The BBC3 thing shocking moments was actually pretty good. Crouch was hilarious.  :lol:

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 1 June 2010, 10:51:02 pm »

"What would you be if you weren't a footballer?"

Crouch: "Probably a virgin"

:lol:
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Heneage

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 2 June 2010, 12:41:21 am »
I'd seen the More4 piece before.

In all honesty it left me with a real dislike for Landon Donovan, I appreciate he may have since changed but he came across as incredibly lazy and arrogant. He openly claims was happy to play in MLS over Germany, which is fine, but the fact he so openly claimed he would have made it, and been a success. It was almost like he just didn't want to put the work in, which is sad, he seems to have enjoyed his time at Everton, and I can see him trying to get back to Europe post World Cup.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 2 June 2010, 01:34:42 am »
The BBC3 show was class  ;D Crouchie has a future in comedy......."The Crouchie and Stephen Merchant Show"

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 2 June 2010, 01:59:43 am »

:lol: :lol:

He actually say that?  That's ace.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 2 June 2010, 11:31:39 am »
That World Cup's Most Shocking Moments is repeated tonight at 21.50 on BBC3.

Offline Liam Liam Liam O

• supports his local club.
  • General Member
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 2 June 2010, 11:49:01 am »
Soo.. the world cups most shocking moment, and they don't even show it because it's an oh so offensive headbutt..

:facepalm: x 1000

Despite it being almost 10pm.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 2 June 2010, 11:56:11 am »

:lol: :lol:

He actually say that?  That's ace.

Aye, not on the show last night but in an interview a few year ago. :lol:
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.