Author Topic: The random thoughts thread  (Read 424044 times)

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
Re: The random thoughts thread
« Reply #12225 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 10:44:49 AM »
Got out the habit of snoozing the alarm aswell. Alarm goes, get up, much easier
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #12226 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 10:58:33 AM »
I'm absolutely awful at mornings. Luckily I moved closer to work back in March last year. Alarms going off 06:40, 07:10 and 07:40. Get out of bed 08:40 and am usually out the door 08:55 and at my desk by 09:00.

This is mental.  Of course you're awful at mornings, you're depriving yourself of two hours sleep.

:lol: Lives 5 minutes from work and sets an alarm at 6:40 ffs

:lol: I know it's ridiculous but if I only have one alarm on I wouldn't wake up in time. If I don't have an alarm on I will usually sleep 12 hours straight without a problem. I also have to cycle ring tones as I get used to them and don't wake up. Have a theory that a day in my internal clock is longer than a regular day. :lol:
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Online Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #12227 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 12:08:47 PM »
My record for 10 minute snoozes is something stupid, like 6 hours. :lol: Also have done hours having my phone on another room while getting up every 10 minutes to press the snooze.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #12228 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 12:22:13 PM »
How come those that call people snowflakes due to their ease in being offended, seem to be in a state of permanent outrage ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #12229 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 12:49:14 PM »
How come those that call people snowflakes due to their ease in being offended, seem to be in a state of permanent outrage ?

Self hatred I would guess.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #12230 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 09:14:16 AM »
What if dogs that run away from home are actually trying to escape?

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #12231 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 09:15:26 AM »
On a similar more depressing note, do dogs that go deaf think their owners etc have stopped talking to them.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #12232 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 09:26:36 AM »
On a similar more depressing note, do dogs that go deaf think their owners etc have stopped talking to them.
That's heartbreaking.
Bearings Straight!

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #12233 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 09:40:34 AM »

Surely they would notice that they can't hear anything, they do some form of awareness?  Thankfully dogs also use body language as a way of interacting with their owners.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #12234 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 11:19:38 AM »
My eldest dog is going deaf so when I come home I hunt him out to let him know I'm back. I love his reaction.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #12235 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 11:41:26 AM »
My eldest dog is going deaf so when I come home I hunt him out to let him know I'm back. I love his reaction.

:aww:

Online Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #12236 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 10:13:24 PM »
I don't understand why people set their alarms for an hour before they wake up.  Wouldn't it be better to have an extra hour of sleep than an hour lying in bed wishing you didn't have to get up?

Nothing better than waking up and knowing you can sleep longer. Waking up and knowing you HAVE to get up NOW is the absolute worst.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #12237 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 10:20:39 PM »
I don't understand why people set their alarms for an hour before they wake up.  Wouldn't it be better to have an extra hour of sleep than an hour lying in bed wishing you didn't have to get up?

Nothing better than waking up and knowing you can sleep longer. Waking up and knowing you HAVE to get up NOW is the absolute worst.

Waking up fully rested is better.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #12238 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 10:24:01 PM »
Need at least half an hour to wake up properly and get myself ready to actually get out of bed. The thought of getting up immediately once the alarm goes off scares the f*** out of me tbh. Surely people can’t function like this.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #12239 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 10:24:01 PM »

Just set your f***ing alarms for a time that leaves you not rushing around and gives you enough sleep. Bare in mind this may mean altering the time you go to sleep.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #12240 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 10:25:21 PM »

If you're not an idiot the time you need sleep for to be fully rested is the time before the first alarm, the snooze part is just delicious dessert.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #12241 on: Thursday 23 January 2020, 12:12:27 AM »
What if dogs that run away from home are actually trying to escape?

And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #12242 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 09:24:52 PM »
Started to use the new Microsoft Edge browser (based on chromium) and it's very good.  CPU and Memory management is much better than Chrome.

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #12243 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 09:34:13 PM »
Gonna move away from Chrome soon I think. Not sold on this Privacy Sandbox and Firefox has already banned 3rd party cookies. I'm an Android user and not comfortable with the absolute tracking I'm subject to. Just reading now that you have the ability to block 3rd party cookies in Edge, is that right? Adwords is the f***ing devil.

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #12244 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 09:35:31 PM »
Also, gimme them metrics you swine. At your earliest convenience, obviously. I am grateful for your input. :rose:

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #12245 on: Friday 24 January 2020, 09:43:56 PM »
Firefox :thup:

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #12246 on: Saturday 25 January 2020, 03:30:52 PM »
What if the Discman wasn’t a parody after all...
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #12247 on: Saturday 25 January 2020, 03:35:42 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #12248 on: Saturday 25 January 2020, 04:02:42 PM »

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #12249 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 09:25:50 PM »
Football at the Olympics should be 7 a side.