Author Topic: The random thoughts thread  (Read 394436 times)

Offline leffe186

• General Member
Re: The random thoughts thread
« Reply #12025 on: Sunday 1 September 2019, 11:08:53 am »
Saw someone on twitter post "what a melon man 🤣" and I thought, hmm, what would Melon-Man's superpowers be? 🤔

Twisting?
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #12026 on: Sunday 1 September 2019, 11:35:30 am »
Saw someone on twitter post "what a melon man 🤣" and I thought, hmm, what would Melon-Man's superpowers be? 🤔

Quoting Happy Mondays lyrics

Online Greg

• General Member
« Reply #12027 on: Sunday 1 September 2019, 01:06:15 pm »
Urgh some dick head just let his dog s*** outside my flat and had no intention of cleaning it up and putting it in the bin, ignored me when confronted. Ignorant w*****.

« Reply #12028 on: Sunday 1 September 2019, 01:11:51 pm »

Twisting?

:lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #12029 on: Sunday 1 September 2019, 01:17:28 pm »
Urgh some dick head just let his dog s*** outside my flat and had no intention of cleaning it up and putting it in the bin, ignored me when confronted. Ignorant w*****.

Should have taken a picture and reported him.  Health hazard.

Spanish are f***ing disgusting at dog fouling.

Online Greg

• General Member
« Reply #12030 on: Sunday 1 September 2019, 01:22:01 pm »
My faith in humantiy restored a little - about 5 minutes later a lad with a dog walking along and stopped, used on of his s*** bags and hoyed it in the bin along the road. Good lad.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #12031 on: Tuesday 3 September 2019, 11:14:23 am »
I wonder how many Cows, pigs, sheep/lambs and chickens would exist in the world if we were all vegan.  Obviously you have wild boar, wild chickens and I am sure there is the same with the other 2 that I am unaware of.

I am considering becoming vegan but don't want to contribute to the extinction of a particular species if that is the case.

It's a funny thought that you'd rather contribute to them being kept caged and artificially inseminated for mass slaughter, billions of times over than allow for them to die once and be done with it.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #12032 on: Tuesday 3 September 2019, 11:19:00 am »
I wonder how many Cows, pigs, sheep/lambs and chickens would exist in the world if we were all vegan.  Obviously you have wild boar, wild chickens and I am sure there is the same with the other 2 that I am unaware of.

I am considering becoming vegan but don't want to contribute to the extinction of a particular species if that is the case.

It's a funny thought that you'd rather contribute to them being kept caged and artificially inseminated for mass slaughter, billions of times over than allow for them to die once and be done with it.

There are also a s*** load of animals out there that kill other animals, some don't even bother to kill them. Have you seen a bird having it's breakfast? The f***er comes in early, drags the poor sod out of it's home and eats it alive.

Offline D. Yimentov

• General Member
« Reply #12033 on: Wednesday 4 September 2019, 12:15:13 am »
It’s interesting how knacker sweat smells worse than armpit sweat, whilst foot sweat smells even worse again. I think this is nature’s way of dealing with each area’s proximity to the nose.
мы любим футбол, но футбол не любит нас

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #12034 on: Wednesday 4 September 2019, 09:16:11 am »
It’s interesting how knacker sweat smells worse than armpit sweat, whilst foot sweat smells even worse again. I think this is nature’s way of dealing with each area’s proximity to the nose.

It's interesting that you prefer a sweaty crotch to a sweaty sock.

« Reply #12035 on: Saturday 7 September 2019, 05:50:30 pm »
Started to learn to play the piano today. Been meaning to start for a while but Harry Nilsson's without you inspired me to start recently. Gonna start with just learning that song to begin with, then move on to actually trying to learn the piano properly. Think that''s going to be a good way to do it. I can already play the guitar so getting a full song down straight away rather than starting with fundamentals, then moving on to the boring bit seems like a good idea. Enjoyed the couple of hours I did today.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline bigfella

• General Member
« Reply #12036 on: Saturday 7 September 2019, 08:07:53 pm »
Started to learn to play the piano today. Been meaning to start for a while but Harry Nilsson's without you inspired me to start recently. Gonna start with just learning that song to begin with, then move on to actually trying to learn the piano properly. Think that''s going to be a good way to do it. I can already play the guitar so getting a full song down straight away rather than starting with fundamentals, then moving on to the boring bit seems like a good idea. Enjoyed the couple of hours I did today.

That's really not the way to go about it like and I should know, cos I'm a guitarist and that's exactly what I did years ago...
I learned the piano intro from The Who's Love Reign O'er Me and can still only play that  :crazy2:

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #12037 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 12:31:29 pm »

That's really not the way to go about it like and I should know, cos I'm a guitarist and that's exactly what I did years ago...
I learned the piano intro from The Who's Love Reign O'er Me and can still only play that  :crazy2:

In the grand scheme of things, sure, but it’s a nice party trick. I’m planning to learn Maybe I’m Amazed this year because it’s a bit of a meaningful song for me and my wife. Gonna have to transpose it to a key I can sing in though.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline bigfella

• General Member
« Reply #12038 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 02:44:18 pm »

In the grand scheme of things, sure, but it’s a nice party trick. I’m planning to learn Maybe I’m Amazed this year because it’s a bit of a meaningful song for me and my wife. Gonna have to transpose it to a key I can sing in though.

Great song choice. The Faces did a splendid cover of it imho.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #12039 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 02:58:09 pm »

Great song choice. The Faces did a splendid cover of it imho.

I think I can do it justice with just a piano too :lol:. Can't say the same for Stevie Wonder's "I Believe", which would probably be next on the list.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #12040 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 11:53:03 pm »
My Cod Past -- The podcast confessions of a former commercial fisherman

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12041 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 11:44:03 pm »
James Richardson is hosting a show about competitive model train builders on channel 5. The man needs a better agent.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #12042 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 02:50:35 am »
Just fell into this after one of the tracks in the covers thread. Beautiful. Also, read the first comment on Youtube:

Quote from: David Silverman
The reason Townes never was inducted was that (I believe) his life was so full of heart break and trouble, not to mention the scandal and alcoholism and drug abuse. He took all that to a new level. I lived in Austin during those times and ran into him everywhere it seemed. We hung in some of the same circles with folks like Willis Allan Ramsey and Dave Ball and so on. I had a little fiddle and guitar repair shop above Lasame caffe on 24th just off Guadalupe St. and I can't say how many times he showed up drunk and crashed on my shop floor for the night or I took him home and put him on my couch. In the morning I'd go to wake him and he'd be gone and he'd wander off without his guitar. It'd be a week before I'd see him again and by that time he'd have come up with another guitar and would have told everyone that a bunch of rednecks roughed him up and took his instrument when he'd been so stewed to the gills that he couldn't himself remember what happened. When I'd tell him he left it at my place he'd tell me to sell it for him because he'd gotten another and could use the money. He was a great guy and wrote some awesome tunes that'll outlive all of us and then some. But the fact remains that despite how wonderful he was he was a hopeless drunk and while he was always on the verge of really making it he was his own worst enemy. Personally, I always wished he would make it. I think in his head he was both Poncho and left. It broke my heart when I heard he passed away. It was sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. Sad but true.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #12043 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 03:53:51 am »
Just fell into this after one of the tracks in the covers thread. Beautiful. Also, read the first comment on Youtube:

Quote from: David Silverman
The reason Townes never was inducted was that (I believe) his life was so full of heart break and trouble, not to mention the scandal and alcoholism and drug abuse. He took all that to a new level. I lived in Austin during those times and ran into him everywhere it seemed. We hung in some of the same circles with folks like Willis Allan Ramsey and Dave Ball and so on. I had a little fiddle and guitar repair shop above Lasame caffe on 24th just off Guadalupe St. and I can't say how many times he showed up drunk and crashed on my shop floor for the night or I took him home and put him on my couch. In the morning I'd go to wake him and he'd be gone and he'd wander off without his guitar. It'd be a week before I'd see him again and by that time he'd have come up with another guitar and would have told everyone that a bunch of rednecks roughed him up and took his instrument when he'd been so stewed to the gills that he couldn't himself remember what happened. When I'd tell him he left it at my place he'd tell me to sell it for him because he'd gotten another and could use the money. He was a great guy and wrote some awesome tunes that'll outlive all of us and then some. But the fact remains that despite how wonderful he was he was a hopeless drunk and while he was always on the verge of really making it he was his own worst enemy. Personally, I always wished he would make it. I think in his head he was both Poncho and left. It broke my heart when I heard he passed away. It was sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. Sad but true.

Townes Van Zandt was a huge loss. So many amazing musicians in that film. Van Zandt, young Rodney Crowell, young Steve Earle, Guy Glark. I think I posted some songs from that in the music thread at some point, but can't find them. Amazing stuff.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #12044 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 11:10:11 pm »
It's spider season, people. :hmm:

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #12045 on: Tuesday 17 September 2019, 06:07:50 pm »
Officially Autumn. Bangers going off in NE5.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #12046 on: Tuesday 17 September 2019, 06:14:41 pm »
It's my latest mixtape

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #12047 on: Tuesday 17 September 2019, 06:37:39 pm »
It's spider season, people. :hmm:

:lol: Howay Yorkie, f*** off with this.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #12048 on: Tuesday 17 September 2019, 07:14:32 pm »
I've seen two in like ten days. Swarming.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #12049 on: Tuesday 17 September 2019, 08:28:01 pm »
My spider catcher is up there with the best thing I've ever bought, genuinely.