Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition  (Read 810200 times)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Reply #21125 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 11:59:42 PM »
They're f***ing amazing. I flirted with the Squashies Facebook account once, fair bet I was off my face.

:lol: :lol:

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #21126 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 12:16:04 AM »
They're f***ing amazing. I flirted with the Squashies Facebook account once, fair bet I was off my face.

[emoji38] outstanding.

[emoji38]  On two separate occasions.
[emoji38] I doubt I'd have been to sleep in between them tbf. Probably felt like 10 minutes difference.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #21127 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 12:18:00 AM »
:( now I know how Caesar felt.

iirc Caesar was a nonce too.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #21128 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 12:20:23 AM »

:lol: :lol:

:lol: gets funnier and funnier the more I read it

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #21129 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 12:22:15 AM »
"you're so squashy" [emoji38] [emoji38]
Bearings Straight!

Online leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #21130 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 12:27:24 AM »
All American chocolate tastes wrong TBF, it's just different. Then mix it with synthetic peanut butter...
Simple as this, really. I don't doubt that Dairy Milk tastes unspeakably bland to our cross-Atlantic chocolate enthusiasts.

Nah it's a decadent fancy European chocolate to Americans.

... but it's also made by Hershey over here. So idk if it's really the same or not.

It’s not. They have to (by regulations) make a different version, it’s sort of like it, but just enough for you to get annoyed. Supposedly they clamped down on imported versions too.

I have done a lot of research on this, because i absolutely love chocolate, and love Cadbury’s. Mini Eggs here are probably the best facsimile and perfectly tolerable. I found a batch of Creme Eggs from the UK in a CVS about a decade ago and they were so much better than the American-made versions. Avoid American Dairy Milk unless you absolutely have to. You can occasionally find the UK ones at World Market but like I say, Hershey’s got a bit arsey about it.

The other heartbreaker was trying whatever the American version of Maltesers is (can’t remember the name). Orders of magnitude worse.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #21131 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 12:28:37 AM »

[emoji38] outstanding.

[emoji38]  On two separate occasions.
[emoji38] I doubt I'd have been to sleep in between them tbf. Probably felt like 10 minutes difference.

:lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Amartya Sen, motherfucker
« Reply #21132 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 05:27:36 AM »
All American chocolate tastes wrong TBF, it's just different. Then mix it with synthetic peanut butter...
Simple as this, really. I don't doubt that Dairy Milk tastes unspeakably bland to our cross-Atlantic chocolate enthusiasts.

... but it's also made by Hershey over here. So idk if it's really the same or not.

It’s not. They have to (by regulations) make a different version, it’s sort of like it, but just enough for you to get annoyed. Supposedly they clamped down on imported versions too.

I have done a lot of research on this, because i absolutely love chocolate, and love Cadbury’s. Mini Eggs here are probably the best facsimile and perfectly tolerable. I found a batch of Creme Eggs from the UK in a CVS about a decade ago and they were so much better than the American-made versions. Avoid American Dairy Milk unless you absolutely have to. You can occasionally find the UK ones at World Market but like I say, Hershey’s got a bit arsey about it.

The other heartbreaker was trying whatever the American version of Maltesers is (can’t remember the name). Orders of magnitude worse.

You're probably thinking of Whoppers. They're not an American version of Maltesers, though, as they were developed here back in the '30s.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #21133 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 09:13:01 AM »

Oh no doubt, I'm not claiming we have good chocolate.

The good thing about dairy milk is the different varieties they have.

Ae. They have fair-trade and non fair-trade.

Online leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #21134 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 12:37:36 PM »

You're probably thinking of Whoppers. They're not an American version of Maltesers, though, as they were developed here back in the '30s.

Thanks! Yeah, those are the buggers. And here’s another illustration of why some people should not be allowed opinions:

https://www.influenster.com/reviews/hersheys-whoppers-malted-milk-balls/questions/which-do-you-prefer-whoppers-or-maltesers-3912470
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #21135 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 06:15:47 PM »
I honestly think there is nothing better than sitting in the garden by yourself with a beer in the late afternoon when the weather is nice.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #21136 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 06:36:55 PM »
I honestly think there is nothing better than sitting in the garden by yourself with a beer in the late afternoon when the weather is nice.

It’s bliss, especially listening to some fave tunes in the background or reading a good book. One of life’s great pleasures :thup:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #21137 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 07:49:02 PM »
Totally agreed.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • my role model is this cartoon milkshake
« Reply #21138 on: Tuesday 26 May 2020, 02:46:13 PM »

Get Morgan on the phone right goddamn now.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #21139 on: Tuesday 26 May 2020, 02:50:55 PM »

Get Morgan on the phone right goddamn now.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #21140 on: Tuesday 26 May 2020, 07:50:06 PM »

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #21141 on: Yesterday at 07:10:00 PM »
How big was the bath?!

?s=20
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #21142 on: Yesterday at 07:11:38 PM »
How big was the bath?!

?s=20

Should have left them in there. f***ing busybodies.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #21143 on: Yesterday at 10:47:45 PM »

In a sex fantasy gone wrong, two men bearing machetes entered the wrong house in New South Wales, Australia before quickly leaving upon realising their error.

One of them has now been acquitted of entering a home armed with a weapon in July 2019, Australian media report.

They had been hired to carry out a client's fantasy of being tied up in his underwear and stroked with a broom.

The judge concluded that "the facts of the case are unusual".

The role play was arranged over Facebook by a man near Griffith, New South Wales who provided his address to the hired pair.

"He was willing to pay A$5,000 if it was 'really good'," the judge said.

However, the client moved to another address 50km (30 miles) away without updating the two men. They then entered a home on the street of the original address.