Author Topic: Snooker LOOPY!!!  (Read 36093 times)

Offline Neil

• General Member
  • The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
Snooker LOOPY!!!
« on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 11:10:22 pm »
For fear of obliterating the betting thread with snooker talk anyone watching the World Champs?

ROS looking edgy against Selby 4-4 overnight, the latter must be astounded he's not winning. I can see O'Sullivan getting stronger in that match, going for 13-11.

Davis, after knocking out Higgins, is getting arseholed by Robertson last time I saw, who himself produced an amazing comeback against Gould in the 2nd round.

Who do you want to win?

Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Offline Thespence

• General Member
  • Just asking questions
Re: Snooker MAD!!!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 11:11:52 pm »
Change the thread title to Snooker Loopy

All the greats wear 23: Michael Jordan, Shane Warne, David Beckham & Shola Ameobi

Offline Foluwashola

• General Member
Re: Snooker MAD!!!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 11:13:12 pm »
Watch a frame every now and again when I try and find Diagnosis Murder and then realise this s*** is on instead.

I do find the rocket somewhat mesmerizing however.

Offline Thespence

• General Member
  • Just asking questions
Re: Snooker LOOPY!!!
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 11:16:28 pm »
Ginger is heading out.

Allen, Robertson, Murphy & ROS for the S/F for me.
All the greats wear 23: Michael Jordan, Shane Warne, David Beckham & Shola Ameobi

Offline div-s-

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 02:02:20 am »
I want Selby or Carter to win it. ROS pisses me of coming out every so often saying hes not happy or mentally focused and wants to quit.

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 02:32:17 am »
Selby has already blown it for me, needed 6-2 from that the way Ronnie was playing, won't be easy for Ronnie by any means but he's been let off the hook so badly by Selby.

I wanted Higgins to win at the start, now I want Ronnie to win, as long as Davis goes out first frame tomorrow I'm happy, wish it had been 2 sessions though.
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close

Offline Thespence

• General Member
  • Just asking questions
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 09:53:44 pm »
ROS once again blows it.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:02:42 pm »
He's a c*** like, he hasn't looked interested one bit in this evening's session!!

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:03:36 pm »
I was going to back the Jester for the tournament before this match but I forgot. 2.7 now, not worth it.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Offline Neil

• General Member
  • The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:05:59 pm »
Selby through, ROS out.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Offline Thespence

• General Member
  • Just asking questions
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:06:39 pm »
he hasn't looked interested one bit in this evening's session!!

Been a f***ing disgrace. Legend my arse, the legends & the very best dominate this prize prick does not.

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:08:33 pm »
f***ing hate Dott and Murphy. Dott looks like a shy boring child heroin addict whilst Murphy has a fit lass and blatently never bangs her... prefers to go to Church on a Sunday morning.

Selby to win it now
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:21:13 pm »
Yeah hope Selby wins it.....even though he's a dour t***!

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:38:01 pm »
Yeah hope Selby wins it.....even though he's a dour t***!

He's a jester!
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 11:40:22 pm »
f***ing hate Dott and Murphy. Dott looks like a shy boring child heroin addict whilst Murphy has a fit lass and blatently never bangs her... prefers to go to Church on a Sunday morning.

Selby to win it now
I hate these two aswell.

My favourite is Higgins.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Thespence

• General Member
  • Just asking questions
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 29 April 2010, 12:04:20 am »
Ronnie O’Sullivan departed the world championships in typically ungracious style last night. Having lost to the seventh-ranked Mark Selby, who reeled off the last four frames to take the quarter-final 13-11, he claimed that “my bad game has got me where I’ve got in the last 17 years, playing pretty **** really.”

It wasn’t the obscenity that rankled, but O’Sullivan’s habit of berating himself, which downplays the quality of his opponents. To claim that his bad game has been up to the task of winning three World Championship titles and countless other trophies is disrespectful to the opposition.

Selby deserved better yesterday. He produced a steely-nerved finish, maintaining tactical control and exploiting the fact that O’Sullivan kept over-hitting his safety shots.

Selby wasn’t racking up huge breaks – he had one century in the match, as opposed to two by his opponent – but he gave away few chances in the final stages.

When these two players met in the final of the Wembley Masters in January, it was a similar story: Selby came from behind to take the title, and O’Sullivan promptly damned him with faint praise, saying that they were both too attacking to be suited to winning the World Championships.

Selby's win here was the perfect response, especially as he has now been installed as the bookies’ favourite to beat Graeme Dott in the semi-finals and then lift the trophy.

Selby goes by the handle of “The jester from Leicester”, but there wasn’t too much joking around in this match. He is one of the few players who know how to get under O’Sullivan’s skin.

In the early stages of the afternoon session, O’Sullivan took his frustrations out on the referee, Leo Scullion, who had displeased him by calling a touching ball. “There’s no way in a million years that that’s touching,” O’Sullivan said, before suggesting that Scullion should have his eyes tested for a new pair of glasses.

Afterwards, O’Sullivan talked about the fatalism with which he had approached the final frames.“You get to know your own endings sometimes, you’re sitting there watching it thinking anything can happen, but inside you know.

"I don’t need snooker, but I have had 17 years of trying and hoping and thinking that my game will turn around. It can be quite a painful experience but I’ve stuck at it for a long time, and that has to be a positive.”

Earlier, Steve Davis had smiled his way through his inevitable exit from the tournament, while also joining in the general hilarity after the Crucible’s announcer had introduced him as Dennis Taylor.

Although Davis opened the session well, claiming the first frame with a break of 59, the young Australian Neil Robertson promptly finished rattled in a cool 107 to take the match 13-5. Robertson’s semi-final opponent will be Allister Carter, who sneaked past Shaun Murphy with a tense 13-12 win.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/snooker/7648434/World-Snooker-2010-Ronnie-OSullivan-blasts-himself-after-loss-to-Mark-Selby.html

Offline Jaqen H'ghar

• TPFKA Phil Mitchell
  • General Member
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 29 April 2010, 12:10:22 am »
Hope Robertson wins it now. Love watching him play.

Offline Besty

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 29 April 2010, 12:21:06 am »
How did Carter beat Murphy?! Turned it off in the last frame when Murphy was at the table and he looked comfortable!
PSN: BestyNUFC
Twitter: BestyNUFC

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 April 2010, 01:13:51 am »
Missed an easy yellow (it was in the jaws) and Carter cleaned up from there. It's an interesting semi final line-up to be honest, no clear winner. Selby will be the bookies favourite, he did well to stick with Ronnie this afternoon and is more than capable of beating Dott. Dott will grind like f*** but he's also very good when he gets in, and of course has the experience of winning it before. Dott will have the longest odds as he's the lowest ranked player but he's definitely worth a flutter, he's played some fantastic snooker (he took apart Maguire and came back from 12-10 today) and he said himself the pressure is off him as he's got his top 16 place back. The experience factor at this stage is bigger than you might expect, Ali Carter played some of the best snooker of his life in 2008 but couldn't handle the pressure in the final ad got blown away.

The other semi final, Robertson is favourite for me. His potting is outstanding but he just can't get the consistency. Carter on the other hand is very consistent in his performances but I think he's destined to be one of those players who always makes the quarters/semis - yes he made the final a few years ago but got tanked - I think it'll be close but Robertson will edge it IMO.

Ronnie has been annoying for a number of years now. Everytime he loses at the Crucible he threatens to retire and all this bullshit, f*** knows what goes through his head. It doesn't help that pundits seem to love to say "he's the greatest player to ever play the game." Fair enough he's fantastic when he's on form but until he matches Hendry's 7 world titles, he'll never have that title for me. And I hate Hendry.

It's been a good tournament and it'll be a shame if the Beeb do give it up in the next few years as expected, Hearn's proposals next month are vital for the future of the sport and they'll go a long way to deciding if Snooker is on terrestrial television in the future.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 2 May 2010, 06:19:08 pm »
What?

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 2 May 2010, 08:41:52 pm »
Stuck a fiver on Robertson at about 2.25 at the start of this session to make it a bit more interesting.

Offline Thespence

• General Member
  • Just asking questions
« Reply #22 on: Monday 3 May 2010, 01:33:49 pm »
Higgins. :facepalm:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/801641/How-world-snooker-champion-John-Higgins-plots-to-betray-his-fans-for-cash.html

I read it on the train yesterday. The way I read it Mazher Mahmood/NOTW offered him £300K & he said aye. What I would be more interested in is why was John Higgins picked as the target for this sting operation.

Offline Jaqen H'ghar

• TPFKA Phil Mitchell
  • General Member
« Reply #23 on: Monday 3 May 2010, 04:03:58 pm »
Could go all the way this one. Howay Robertson.

Offline Jaqen H'ghar

• TPFKA Phil Mitchell
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Monday 3 May 2010, 04:31:50 pm »
Dott doing his best to make every frame scrappy.