Author Topic: NOFC @ St James' Park Home Team Thread  (Read 22688 times)

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
Re: NOFC @ St James' Park Home Team Thread
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 10:10:01 pm »
We got anyword on who our extra man is yet?

Not as yet. It's in Stu's hands. He's paid the share himself so it's up to him who get's it. He said he'll let me know when it's sorted.

It's been sorted. We have Stu's dad on our side.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 10:33:50 pm by My Kids Support Chelsea!! »

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 11:01:10 pm »
dont want to sound like a cock (prob too late) but if stu and/or his dad wanted to be on the same teamI'm happy to swap over, and lend me yeelow away shirt. LOL

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 11:04:21 pm »
dont want to sound like a cock (prob too late) but if stu and/or his dad wanted to be on the same teamI'm happy to swap over, and lend me yeelow away shirt. LOL

Something along these lines may happen, but I'm waiting to hear from Stu and the rest of the home team on this. If we need to take you up on your offer we'll let you know.

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 11:05:47 pm »
Position wise I'd prefer to play left back but anywhere in defence will do!

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 11:07:06 pm »

Something along these lines may happen, but I'm waiting to hear from Stu and the rest of the home team on this. If we need to take you up on your offer we'll let you know.

Just an idea mate.

If it was me and me dad was still alive I could think of nowt better.

Saying that, I'd also like to get one over on him  :sadnod:
« Last Edit: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 01:34:47 pm by jonbobson »

Online Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 09:32:32 pm »
NSG was number 76.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:06:27 pm »
Tempted to get a number on the back of whatever top I'll be wearing so can i bag number 13 por favor.

Also i wanted Inter standards of discipline and gamesmanship lads.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:31:02 pm »
Tempted to get a number on the back of whatever top I'll be wearing so can i bag number 13 por favor.

Also i wanted Inter standards of discipline and gamesmanship lads.

Number noted.

As for the Inter attitude? It'll all be in the team talk. And I am half Italian.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 10:33:21 pm »
NSG was number 76.

That's the third different number that NSG might have. Anyone know which one it actually is.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 11:28:01 pm »
Will the ref send ppl off? :lol:

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 11:30:02 pm »
What were you planning on doing?

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 28 April 2010, 11:37:11 pm »
Will the ref send ppl off? :lol:

I'd hope the referee will run the game sensibly and fairly. By that I mean give fouls that need to be given but not to blow up for everything. Let the game flow. If somebody is being over silly and needs a card then fine, but we don't want to be seeing anyone sent off.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 29 April 2010, 12:20:29 am »
Following on from Col I think you'd have to do something way out of order to be s/off. Might a few tackles flying in I reckon though as if people are like me they'll be pumped as f***.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 29 April 2010, 10:45:51 am »
What were you planning on doing?

I'll tell you in our team talk

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 29 April 2010, 07:02:51 pm »
As much as everyone wants to live, I'd like to think that they'd prefer to be able to walk on Wednesday morning to Shearer's afterward

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 09:49:26 am »
We sorted out whats going re: Stu & his pa being on the same team yet?

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 09:53:11 am »

waiting to hear back mate

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 02:08:21 pm »
As much as everyone wants to live, I'd like to think that they'd prefer to be able to walk on Wednesday morning to Shearer's afterward
:fishing:

i'm about as violet on a football pitch as a sloth!

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 02:08:56 pm »
do we want to start getting some provisional tactics getting sorted then

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 03:56:54 pm »

Stu has sorted it, we are getting jonbobson and Stu's dad is going to the away team.

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 04:03:34 pm »
I'll try to get 11 on me shirt.

if thats OK.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 10:54:54 pm »
Quote from:  London Evening Standard

In the build-up to the critical title decider between NOFC Home and NOFC Away next week there has been a lot of talk on injuries to key players having an effect on the game. Today we sent our chief sports writer Arry Arris to have a chat with Home team captain Colin 'MKSC' Rance.

AA: So Colin, there is only a few days left before the big game and all the talk coming out of your opponents camp is of injuries to key players. Do you think they are just trying to throw your preperations off track?

CR: There's definitely a bit of the old mind games being tried out that's for sure. So far we've heard that their key player Stu Dow is suffering from a groin problem, or was it a hamstring problem? I can't remember now as they've changed the story a couple of times, and there is also the ankle knock the big Chris NUT has been suffering from for a few weeks now. Let's just say I wouldn't be at all surprised if both were out there on the pitch come kick off time on May 4th.

AA: You are sceptical of the reality of these injuries then??

CR: Well everyone knows they have a great media team over at the yellow deckchair stadium and I can definitely smell something, and I'm not talking about the steak bakes young Greg left in the laundry room, if you know what I mean.

AA: Have you got any injury worries of your own?

CR: Well Disco Mark has been complaining of a side strain, at first we thought it might have been a cracked rib but it turned out he just bruised it when he did an especially bouncy dance routine in Flares the other night. We sent him to see a masseuse at the Chinese brothel and she sorted him right out so I'm confident he'll be fine. Other than that the only issues I'm anticipating are the general lack of fitness that most of the team will be suffering from, for many of the lads it's been a while since they had a game of this magnitude and I am concerned about how many of them will last the distance. Fortunately we'll be doing rolling subs and I've got a job lot of oxygen masks off Fat Elvis that we'll keep in the dugout for emergencies.

AA: Finally, are you confident that your boys, who many see as underdogs for this crucial game, can step up to the plate and take home the trophy?

CR: We're in for a tough game, without a doubt. On paper they look strong at the back and have established IFA players all over the park. But I know we've got heart, we've got fight and we've got desire. I'm certain we'll be able to give them a decent game and we'll cause them some problems. I think the key battles will be in the middle of the park. If we can stop them playing they'll have to revert to plan B, and I'm not sure anyone over there will have thought of one. I'm gonna send my boys out with some inspiring words and I know they'll push themselves to the limit. If we come off that pitch having given our best then that'll be good enough for me.

So there you have it. The tension is building, the mind games have started and the whole of the world wide web is shaking with anticipation. Who will come out on top in this titanic battle? The skillful and experienced  Banana Splits or the underdog Barcode Boys? 

And don't forget, it's on Star Wars day. May the 4th be with you.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #72 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 10:57:56 pm »
:lol:

Vewy good

Heneage

« Reply #73 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 11:15:53 pm »
How would you feel about some Andy Burton style pre and post match interviews for Col's DVD?

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 11:27:31 pm »
How would you feel about some Andy Burton style pre and post match interviews for Col's DVD?

Could be a good idea. Now who could we find to do it though?