Author Topic: NOFC @ SJP - AWAY TEAM THREAD  (Read 34820 times)

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
Re: NOFC @ SJP - AWAY TEAM THREAD
« Reply #200 on: Monday 3 May 2010, 11:23:11 PM »
There's no chance I'll be doing a vigorous warm-up mind! My hamstring's prone to pop at any moment and ankle's still gammy!

Which is exactly why you should be doing a warm-up, get the heart rate going up to 80% and the muscles in the body 2/3 degrees warmer before kick-off. Reduces the chance of injury during the game by 120%.

:dowie:

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #201 on: Monday 3 May 2010, 11:58:37 PM »
There's no chance I'll be doing a vigorous warm-up mind! My hamstring's prone to pop at any moment and ankle's still gammy!

Which is exactly why you should be doing a warm-up, get the heart rate going up to 80% and the muscles in the body 2/3 degrees warmer before kick-off. Reduces the chance of injury during the game by 120%.

:dowie:

You can't argue with made up stats. Ask Dr David Kelly

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 12:33:21 AM »
If I did my hamstring doing a sprint during the warm-up I'd be pretty p*ssed off tbh! Will do my stretches and a bit jogging like I normally do.
?s=21

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 12:35:33 AM »
If I did my hamstring doing a sprint during the warm-up I'd be pretty p*ssed off tbh! Will do my stretches and a bit jogging like I normally do.

You won't be going full pelt in a warm up :D

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 01:23:09 AM »
So what time are the majority meeting up?
?s=21

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 08:53:19 AM »
I am aiming to be at Shearers for about 6, are we actually meeting before we all go in the players entrance?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 09:03:32 AM »
I don't think there is much structure to where we're meeting, I'll PM you my phone number, just call/txt when you arrive.

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 09:32:47 AM »
I will be wearing my suit.  Hopefully we can look smart after the game...Not like these scummy home players

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
I will be wearing my suit.  Hopefully we can look smart after the game...Not like these scummy home players

Wearing your suit with your kit on underneath? O0

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 11:44:58 AM »

Wearing your suit with your kit on underneath? O0

How long do before can we go in the changing rooms?  If plenty time i will suit it there then shower after then game and suit it after.  I want the full match experience.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 12:00:20 PM »
What time does the nufc club shop at SJP close?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 12:07:53 PM »
Dunno but if it's something simple you need, I can get it as I'll be there from 4:20.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 12:12:41 PM »
What time does the nufc club shop at SJP close?

when I went around Xmas it was 5:30

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 12:23:47 PM »
5pm yesterday, 6pm usually afaik

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #214 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 12:26:47 PM »
Pasta time!

Then Banana an hour or so before the game.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 12:27:38 PM »
It closes at 5

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 02:42:40 PM »
Can't wait for this now! If I score at the Gallowgate I'll be doing an Adebayor running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the away end.
?s=21

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 02:50:13 PM »
If I somehow score I'm doing a tino with the corner flag

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 02:57:35 PM »

Same celebration I'll be doing when you're picking the ball out of the net.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 03:20:07 PM »

Same celebration I'll be doing when you're picking the ball out of the net.

You couldn't score in a brothel mate.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 08:58:01 PM »
Yellow 2-1 winnn

Heneage

« Reply #221 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 08:58:30 PM »

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 09:21:29 PM »
Gregs bros mate scored em both and kevin scored for them.

Offline QBG

• General Member
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday 4 May 2010, 11:49:07 PM »
CHAMPIONS!  :celb:

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday 5 May 2010, 11:34:03 PM »
Well done lads, good of everyone to get a hold of the yellow kit too - the pictures look pretty smart (except fot Nut's shorts...)

Brief Match Ratings:

Greg (Greg) - GK: 7 Could have stayed on his feet longer for their goal but held his nerve impeccably during the last 20minutes to protect the win. Could improve on the consistency of his distribution.

Gary (bowlingcrofty) - CB: 7 Steady throughout the game but caught out for their goal due to a lack of communication with his fullbacks.
Chris (N.U.T. Chris) - CB: 7 A vastly improved performance from the 'short-haired, multi-lingual show-stoppa'. More than made up for any misplaced passes on the pitch by sinking home the Away Team's dirty pint and maintaining their superiority over the Home Team. Top Banana!
Paul (TheEnforcer) - Fullback/Central Midfielder: 6 Never played in defence during the match but worked hard up and down the left hand side, linked well with QBG in the first half but drifted up front in the second half, never to be seen defending again. Chundered EVERYWAH. Banter.
Stu's dad - Fullback/Central Midfielder: 6 Vastly experienced and let his brain do most of the running, almost gifted Muzza a goal in the first half but recovered just enough to put him off.
Lee (jonbobson's Mate) - Fullback/Winger: 6 The lad in blue boots loved to get forward, unfortunately his team mates rarely gave the ball to him. Worked hard in the first half to get back but was caught out of position (although no-one was covering) for their goal. Did well considering he didn't know anyone on our team and was played out of position.
Andrew (duffylad) - Defender/Midfielder: 8 Stellar performance in central defence, dominated the opposition attack and played the ball out of defence brilliantly. Grew in confidence during the match, as evidenced by his second half forays into the opposition box.

Nick (QBG) - Left Back/Left Midfield: 8 Great debut from the undersized left back, his initial shyness belied a certain composure on the ball and raided the left flank in tandem with The Enforcer during the first half.
Nick (Greg's Brother) - Utility Player: 6 Had some success down the right wing with Lee in the first half but that ended once MKSC came outfield and dominated their defence. Tidy in possession and competed well.
Stu (Steve) - CM: 7 Consistently inconsistent. Went close with a free-kick and directly from a corner, shot wildly from outside the box after winning the ball and beating three of their players. Should have done better but found the going tough on the bigger surface.
Chris (ObiChrisKenobi)- Winger/Striker: 6 Quiet in the first half but sprung to life in the second, probably involved in one of the goals. Made some good runs down the left and was unlucky not to score from a corner.
Chris (Slim) - Fullback/Midfielder: 8 Bit of a disturbing fetish for auto-erotic asphyxiation which came to light in an empty "Get Y'Skates..." but was forgiven by his team mates after putting in an all-action performance, culminating in an attempt to score a 'Nicky Nolan' in the second half. Battled well throughout the match. Nice suit.

Phil (SEMTEX's Mate) - Winger/Striker: 7 Tidy player who looked the most likely to score in the first half, had his partnership with Dan broken up by the arrival of goal-scorer Pete but deserved a goal after creating so many chances for himself and others.
Dan (SEMTEX) - ST: 6 Would have been an 8 if he hadn't thought that trying to lob a 6'4" keeper from 8 yards out was a good way to score :facepalm: made some good runs during the first half and exposed the other side's lack of pace at the back, leading to some delicious hacks by their flailing defenders. Should have scored. Should have scored. Should have scored. Should have scored. Sandra would have.
Peter (Greg's Brother's Mate) - Winger/Striker: 9 MOTM and match-winner for the away side, took his chances well and could even have had a hat-trick by the end; however, two goals were enough thanks to the hard work of his teammates in stoppping the opposition. Quick on the ball and always giving himself as an option - could be an IFA star.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 5 May 2010, 11:54:05 PM by Stu »