Author Topic: Pro Cycling Thread  (Read 57904 times)

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
Re: Pro Cycling Thread
« Reply #1350 on: Saturday 27 July 2019, 01:39:09 PM »
Heartbroken over Pinot.

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #1351 on: Saturday 27 July 2019, 02:13:33 PM »
Even though the stage is short, this 33km hill sprint should be really interesting. Hoping G can get more time on AP and get second.

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #1352 on: Monday 5 August 2019, 10:22:57 PM »
Highly rated world tour rider Bjorg Lambrecht died after a crash in the Tour of Poland today, was only 22. Been so many deaths in pro cycling recently, I think that’s the 5th or 6th in the last few seasons.

Can’t be many other professional sports outside of motor racing where fatalities can happen on such a regular basis.

Offline Toon Hoser

• General Member
« Reply #1353 on: Thursday 7 May 2020, 09:53:33 PM »
Just saw that the UCI rolled out a revised calendar for 2020.  All three major tours and the spring classics back on.  Tour de France in late August/September.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-reveal-new-mens-and-womens-post-covid-19-race-calendar/

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #1354 on: Thursday 7 May 2020, 10:06:01 PM »
Wishful thinking that I reckon.

Pro cycling must be one of the worst sports for virus spreading. Hundreds of riders and team staff moving from town to town on a daily basis crossing a country and often borders, each team staying in a different hotel every night, and no way to prevent or monitor crowds as it's a free to watch, no ticket sport.

And riding in a fast moving group means snot flying everywhere as people hockle and blast their noses due to the wind.

A couple of riders or team staff carrying the virus and within a matter of days it's spread across a country.

I can't see how they can get it going safely this year.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #1355 on: Thursday 7 May 2020, 10:09:23 PM »
No way will the Tour de France go ahead.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Amartya Sen, motherfucker
« Reply #1356 on: Thursday 7 May 2020, 10:14:24 PM »
Wishful thinking that I reckon.

Pro cycling must be one of the worst sports for virus spreading. Hundreds of riders and team staff moving from town to town on a daily basis crossing a country and often borders, each team staying in a different hotel every night, and no way to prevent or monitor crowds as it's a free to watch, no ticket sport.

And riding in a fast moving group means snot flying everywhere as people hockle and blast their noses due to the wind.

A couple of riders or team staff carrying the virus and within a matter of days it's spread across a country.

I can't see how they can get it going safely this year.

:pedro: