Author Topic: NOFC vs Whitby Wanderers - Sun 18th April - GATESHEAD INTERNATIONAL, 11:15 MEET  (Read 25252 times)

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
Re: NOFC vs Whitby Wanderers - Sun 18th April - GATESHEAD INTERNATIONAL, 11:15 MEET
« Reply #125 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 08:45:04 PM »
Sounds pretty eventful if nothing else.

I'm back in the toon now.

I'd be really disappointed if people there were silent when someone was going out of their way to create some form of organization amongst us all. It's a hard job to do made 10 times harder if people are so f***ing shy/gay/w*** to actually reply and talk to each other. If any f***er is awkward on SJP day, I'll kill you with a rusty f***ing spoon. t***s.

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
Re: NOFC vs Whitby Wanderers - Sun 18th April - GATESHEAD INTERNATIONAL, 11:15 MEET
« Reply #126 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
ha

muckman

« Reply #127 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 08:46:07 PM »
Ha welcome to managing people you hardly know, then try running the line as well as keeping 15 lads happy.

I wasnt managing the team mate. I just thought I was helping out and booked a pitch!
[/quote]
sounds like a canny game!

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
« Reply #128 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
Ha welcome to managing people you hardly know, then try running the line as well as keeping 15 lads happy.

I wasnt managing the team mate. I just thought I was helping out and booked a pitch!

f*** off, dont quote my dodgy quote until I've had time to fix it. FFS

Offline Disco

• General Member
Re: NOFC vs Whitby Wanderers - Sun 18th April - GATESHEAD INTERNATIONAL, 11:15 M
« Reply #129 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 08:48:56 PM »

I'd be really disappointed if people there were silent when someone was going out of their way to create some form of organization amongst us all. It's a hard job to do made 10 times harder if people are so f***ing shy/gay/w*** to actually reply and talk to each other. If any f***er is awkward on SJP day, I'll kill you with a rusty f***ing spoon. t***s.

To be fair aside from sorting out keeper which was a sticking point we sorted out a starting XI easy enough and aside from the first 10mins where we were all over the show we grew into a team and i thought all the lads who played in the back 4 during the game aside from the first 10 played really well especially the two centre halves.

Yorkie, Its not a problem at all. Yeh couple of them are from gateshead/newcastle area, but what can we do/say at the time? pay up or f*** off!!

The guy I was speaking to , sorry forgot his name but was in goal for them, said we are welcome down there anytime, and they will pay for the game etc.

I approached him before the game and he said that there was/is some confusion regards payment for the pitch but they always do it that the home team pays.

We'll just have to head down Whitby over summer/next season Gary. Turn them over on their own patch.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #130 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 08:49:51 PM »

:shifty:

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
« Reply #131 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 08:51:55 PM »

:shifty:

ie8. ffs :knuppel2:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #132 on: Sunday 18 April 2010, 08:53:19 PM »
Yorkie, Its not a problem at all. Yeh couple of them are from gateshead/newcastle area, but what can we do/say at the time? pay up or f*** off!!

The guy I was speaking to , sorry forgot his name but was in goal for them, said we are welcome down there anytime, and they will pay for the game etc.

I approached him before the game and he said that there was/is some confusion regards payment for the pitch but they always do it that the home team pays.

Okay, fair enough.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #133 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 11:20:41 AM »
Once again, a big 'well done' and thanks to JonBobson (Gaz) for sorting all of the last minute arrangements. Apologies on my behalf, and Whitby's, for not passing the information about away team payment directly to Gaz - I was passing all the info I was given to Yorkie so that I didn't have multiple channels of communication open.

It didn't help that Whitby didn't inform me of their non-away-day payment until Saturday evening, but to be fair to the lad (Andrew), he said that he'd informed Yorkie (Matt) at the same time.

Basically, as they have to do most of the travelling for their matches (who wants to go to E.Yorkshire?!) they've taken the stance that they'll happily pay for any teams to visit them for a match. Which is fair IMO - it encourages teams to make the return journey.

What isn't fair is that JonBob (Gaz) is out of pocket. No-one should be paying more than the rest of the team for match subs.

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
« Reply #134 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 12:32:06 PM »
Once again, a big 'well done' and thanks to JonBobson (Gaz) for sorting all of the last minute arrangements. Apologies on my behalf, and Whitby's, for not passing the information about away team payment directly to Gaz - I was passing all the info I was given to Yorkie so that I didn't have multiple channels of communication open.

It didn't help that Whitby didn't inform me of their non-away-day payment until Saturday evening, but to be fair to the lad (Andrew), he said that he'd informed Yorkie (Matt) at the same time.

Basically, as they have to do most of the travelling for their matches (who wants to go to E.Yorkshire?!) they've taken the stance that they'll happily pay for any teams to visit them for a match. Which is fair IMO - it encourages teams to make the return journey.

What isn't fair is that JonBob (Gaz) is out of pocket. No-one should be paying more than the rest of the team for match subs.

Thanks mate.

The money is not a major issue, its only a few quid after all.

I certainly dont mind doing the organising/helping when ever I can.

I think if we had a settled "backroom" it would make it easier to deal with the issues like we had yesterday. also think its a bit difficult to organise if you are not going to be there,like Yorkie yesterday, then have to pass mesages on 3rd hand and so. Just really complicates stuff. Enough of a nightmare for the person trying to sort stuff when they are local!!

Offline Heron

• General Member
Re: NOFC vs Whitby Wanderers - Sun 18th April - GATESHEAD INTERNATIONAL, 11:15 M
« Reply #135 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 01:12:40 PM »

To be fair aside from sorting out keeper which was a sticking point we sorted out a starting XI easy enough and aside from the first 10mins where we were all over the show we grew into a team and i thought all the lads who played in the back 4 during the game aside from the first 10 played really well especially the two centre halves.

We'll just have to head down Whitby over summer/next season Gary. Turn them over on their own patch.

Cheers.

i thought Mark was man of the match he was excellent! Chris and the other Mark also covered brilliantly throughout. We missed Stu and Patrick looked a good player but overall the whole team did well - we just need to get to know each other better...

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
« Reply #136 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 01:17:42 PM »
Mark (evs) and you mate linked really well at CB, you woudlnt think thats you's had just met before KO.

Offline Heron

• General Member
« Reply #137 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 01:19:20 PM »
Mark (evs) and you mate linked really well at CB, you woudlnt think thats you's had just met before KO.

evs organized everyone so i was quite happy to take a back seat in that respect - I felt a bit lost being the quieter one like. Mark won everything i just had to sweep and that suits my game tbh. I loved the chance of a few Coloccini runs too..

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #138 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 01:21:13 PM »

evs organized everyone so i was quite happy to take a back seat in that respect - I felt a bit lost being the quieter one like. Mark won everything i just had to sweep and that suits my game tbh. I loved the chance of a few Coloccini runs too..

Aye Mark (evs) was a really good talker. Definitely made a difference.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #139 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 03:43:42 PM »

Er, he 'informed' me (asked if we'd be okay with it) at 09:30 on Sunday morning, as they were setting off.

Offline jonbobson

• General Member
« Reply #140 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 04:05:29 PM »

Er, he 'informed' me (asked if we'd be okay with it) at 09:30 on Sunday morning, as they were setting off.

Dont worry about it guys, we will just have to arrange a return fixture and give them a whooping!

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #141 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 04:09:33 PM »
Agreed. :) A mere 25-minute bus journey for me that, n'all. Be good. :thup:

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #142 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 05:04:47 PM »
Well since, I said I'd play and went to the wrong venue, I'll pay my sub due on Friday when its practice time.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #143 on: Monday 19 April 2010, 06:20:15 PM »
Well since, I said I'd play and went to the wrong venue, I'll pay my sub due on Friday when its practice time.

This was a :lol: moment