Author Topic: NOFC vs KHST - Saturday 10th April [Blackpool (h) Sat 10th]  (Read 24987 times)

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
Re: NOFC vs KHST - Saturday 10th April [Blackpool (h) Sat 10th]
« Reply #100 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
Just remembered something that us laughing on the sideline in the 2nd half.

We got a corner and everyone was in the box, bar the defenders... and Dan Burnip. Dan used some tactics +1 and hid behind the ref making a late run from behind him into the area.   ;D :shifty:

Aye, can someone explain to me why, at 4-3 down, we had our two biggest aerial threats sat on the halfway line with the fullbacks?

Offline Heron

• General Member
« Reply #101 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:10:37 PM »
Well played today chaps. Obviously my first time and in all honesty I thought I did a Nolan and went missing second half. Nevertheless, I appreciate the comments. Personally I reckon our strongest aspects (no offence to the other lads who also played a good, hard game) were probably our keeper, two centre halves, Stu and Dave or Rocky or whatever the f*** he was called lol. Basically it was the people who seemed to either have a good engine or be able to read the game. Stu has a good engine and the centre backs could read the game really well I felt, it's just a case of everyone getting to know each other, everyone get a string of games together and everyone finding some match fitness from what I could see. We seemed fairly quiet and quite simply f***ed at times today - me included - me especially second half lol.

Good to see lads organising this though, you deserve a lot of credit regardless - I enjoyed the experience even though we did lose, it was nice and friendly but competitive too.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #102 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:14:18 PM »
Instructions from our linesman that one. Was starting to trot forward and got told to stay back!

Here's my ankle from that "tackle" on me when I was clearing the ball.

?s=21

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #103 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:21:55 PM »
Oh, eew Chris. Strap it up or something. Maybe some frozen peas on there.

Please note I'm not a first aider, so I'm guessing.

Offline KDT

• General Member
« Reply #104 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:22:45 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it today but I had to work which turned into a complete waste of time

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #105 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:25:02 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it today but I had to work which turned into a complete waste of time

Hopefully try the dream team of Heza, you and me in CM vs Wimbledon? O0

Offline Heron

• General Member
« Reply #106 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:26:23 PM »
R...est
I...ce
C...ompression
E...levation.
 O0

Heneage

« Reply #107 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:28:56 PM »

We as a team seem incredibly strong in midfield.

Offline Heron

• General Member
« Reply #108 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:30:37 PM »

:lol:

TBF I'm clueless in midfield, the fact that I had a lot of other people around me who were in their natural positions is what helped, because they could tell me what to do.

Enjoyed it at CM though, gave me a chance to get forward which in the past I've rarely had the chance to do.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #109 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 01:09:39 AM »
Sounds like you guys are making very good progress, don't forget there are plenty of "gym bores" on the forum if you think a lack of fitness is still holding you back a little :pow:

Offline bowlingcrofty

• General Member
  • "Croft - steaming in once more"
« Reply #110 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 10:30:48 AM »
Properly goosed this morning, my left hamstring is very sore - thanks Nixon for the "run it off" comments from the touchline!

Thought we did pretty well though, we were fairly solid at the back (save for my usual Boumsong moments) and it wasn't until late on where again, fitness showed through.

Good game though and we're improving with every match
The View from the ShiteSeats: http://www.shiteseats.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/shiteseats
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shiteseats

It's where we were when we were s***...

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #111 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 12:20:47 PM »
Properly goosed this morning, my left hamstring is very sore - thanks Nixon for the "run it off" comments from the touchline!

aye, that's another thing...all of a sudden we had 10 players on the pitch (at 3-4) and didn't know where you were!

Offline bowlingcrofty

• General Member
« Reply #112 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 02:51:34 PM »

aye, that's another thing...all of a sudden we had 10 players on the pitch (at 3-4) and didn't know where you were!

Eh? The sub went straight on as I came off (as I'd already signalled to them 3 times that I was f***ed!)

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #113 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 03:04:25 PM »
Sounds like you lads did alright, nice one.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #114 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 03:14:28 PM »
Was only the first one I've been to, but seemed ok, just a bit shot shy!

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #115 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 03:45:52 PM »

Eh? The sub went straight on as I came off (as I'd already signalled to them 3 times that I was f***ed!)

Yeah, I heard you say that you needed to be subbed off but had no idea you'd been subbed! :lol:

I know the general theme is that we need to improve our fitness which is pretty much down to the individual.
Things like team work and understanding will only come through playing more matches together.

However, there are a few small things we can do before & during the match - on their own, they're not that important, but 'every little helps' - like having one of the subs run our line (not Nixon as he's trying to manage subtitutions, formations, etc [ED: and he can't keep up with play?]), having the other subs on the halfway line ready to come on so we can make rolling subs throughout the game, etc.

What's the general view on a post-match (NOFC or NUFC) drink? There's a few lads who make the effort each game to meet up, but it would help to get to know each other (and thank the opposition for travelling up) if we did more than just go our own way after the NOFC game has ended...

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #116 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 03:52:43 PM »
Aye could probably do a drink after a NOFC game, you lot seem hospitable enough!

Heneage

« Reply #117 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 03:59:25 PM »

Yeah, I heard you say that you needed to be subbed off but had no idea you'd been subbed! :lol:

I know the general theme is that we need to improve our fitness which is pretty much down to the individual.
Things like team work and understanding will only come through playing more matches together.

However, there are a few small things we can do before & during the match - on their own, they're not that important, but 'every little helps' - like having one of the subs run our line (not Nixon as he's trying to manage subtitutions, formations, etc [ED: and he can't keep up with play?]), having the other subs on the halfway line ready to come on so we can make rolling subs throughout the game, etc.

What's the general view on a post-match (NOFC or NUFC) drink? There's a few lads who make the effort each game to meet up, but it would help to get to know each other (and thank the opposition for travelling up) if we did more than just go our own way after the NOFC game has ended...
A lineo wouldn't have mattered, the ref wasn't listening.

I'll be honest though I'm saying now I don't want to manage the team. I just want to play.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #118 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 04:10:46 PM »

I'll be honest though I'm saying now I don't want to manage the team. I just want to play.

Overruled, you're doing a good job.

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #119 on: Sunday 11 April 2010, 04:11:02 PM »
Last game we went for a few drinks and it was good.  I would have loved to have hung around but i had to get to work.

On the whole getting to know each other....i really think the 5,7 11 a side training is the way forward.  2 birds one stone and all that

Offline bowlingcrofty

• General Member
« Reply #120 on: Monday 12 April 2010, 09:20:38 PM »
Match report from Kidderminster:

ave Goode scored a hat-trick to secure a victory in the north east of England as part of a Fans Team excursion to Newcastle. Chris Lacey and Mark Young also grabbed a goal each in an epic 5-3 victory for the touring Harriers Fans Squad.

Most of the 13 man squad met in the North East night spot during the Friday afternoon but were soon accompanied by the ‘Barrow 6’ which included Adam Matthews, Mike Peplow, Luke Mansell, Morgan Nock, Andy Lander and Simon Jarasinski, who had all travelled from furthest Cumbria after the watching the Harriers encounter with Barrow on the Previous evening. Once the entire squad were assembled Manager Mark Connolly strictly set out the ground rules for the night’s festivities which included an 11pm curfew and a maximum 4 units of alcoholic intake. Needless to say the Player-Manager led by example and the entire team made it safely to the venue of the next day’s game against the Newcastle United Fans without incident.

The game itself was a fantastic display of Fans Team Football etiquette played in an incredibly friendly manner. The Harriers went 2 nil up within 10 minutes as Dave Goode scored one and setup Mark Young for the second; however the visitors took their foot off the gas and let the home side pull 2 goals back to go in at the break with the scores tied at 2-2. Soon after half time the Harriers got the kick up the backside they needed when they went 3-2 down. However a clever tactical change and slice of luck when the home keeper spilt a cross at the feet of Chris Lacey, who made no mistake from 2 yards, meant that the Harriers were once again in the ascendency. Under heat of the hottest day of the year so far it was the visitors who finished the game stronger and two more goals from the stand out Dave Goode meant that the Harriers came out of the game as the victors.

Our North-East counterparts proved to be fantastic hosts and an incredibly friendly bunch of lads. The meeting will hopefully be the start of a friendship which would see the newly promoted Premier League team visit Kidderminster for a return leg when they visit the likes of Aston Villa and Birmingham City.

Finally, rumours of the curfew being broke by the entire squad including the management were quashed, however an internal investigation is under way after reports of late night over indulgence. A Facebook photo amnesty has also been called for while investigations take place.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #121 on: Monday 12 April 2010, 09:23:24 PM »
Dave Goode.

The name will haunt me for eternity.

Heneage

« Reply #122 on: Monday 12 April 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
Would it have killed them to discuss our goals in a bit of detail....

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #123 on: Monday 12 April 2010, 09:25:26 PM »
I did not spill a cross, he smashed a shot at goal, granted I shouldn't have parried it back out to their other attacker to slot in the rebound.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #124 on: Monday 12 April 2010, 09:41:49 PM »
Dave Goode.

The name will haunt me for eternity.

He's the tall player who plays centre mid for them yeah?? If it is I had a real battle with him when my Hampton team played them earlier in the season. He was the difference between us and them that day, sounds very much the same thing for you guys on saturday.