Author Topic: Football Podcasts  (Read 21835 times)

wormy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
Re: Football Podcasts
« Reply #275 on: Sunday 8 March 2020, 10:25:06 PM »
Sorry, just the usual, but the latest Set Piece Menu was a fascinating chat. Focused mainly on the MLS but the discussion branched out into all sorts. Really recommend a listen.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday 10 March 2020, 08:21:04 PM »
Fans of Serie A nostalgia should listen to Graham Hunter's recent two parter with Sven Goran Eriksson. In fact I'd say it's a must listen if you're a fan of that era. He's great is Sven. More talent in his little fingernail than in the entirety of our chump in our dugout.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday 10 March 2020, 09:04:22 PM »
Always thought he got a raw deal as England manager tbh. I know it was our so-called ‘Golden era’ but the likes of Brazil & Portugal in particular were also class around that time. We’d have probably won the World Cup if Ronaldinho hadn’t fluked that free-kick for instance.
?s=21

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #278 on: Saturday 4 April 2020, 01:46:31 PM »
I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I massively recommend the recent Quickly Kevin podcast with Clive Tyldesley. He's got some fascinating stories and he's genuinely a funny guy. Skip to about nine minutes to avoid the hosts' tedious cackling over moderately amusing matters and get straight to the interview.

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #279 on: Saturday 4 April 2020, 03:56:30 PM »
Was a good listen

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:23:13 AM »
Really not a fan of the new Ramble format.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:31:54 AM »
I completely agree. Been meaning to dig this thread out and say the same thing.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 08:27:14 AM »
Aye I agree, Shame coz it was my fav podcast

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:11:19 PM »
Aye, the ramble has gone to s***. Best thing about it was the fact that they've done it for years together and as such it seemed effortless, was just four mates chatting about football. Now it seems forced, the patter is terrible and not in a good way. No need to have it every day too, content seems stretched. Think I might bin it off unless it goes back to just the four of them again.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:24:35 PM »
I'd swap in Vish for Jim to the original line up. Agree though
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:31:46 PM »
Not enough Marcus. He's the glue. Kate doesn't seem like a natural 'host' and her bants are dismal.

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Long live BeoutQ
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:05:19 PM »
I like it. Wish they’d do 1 show a week with the original lot though.

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 08:09:16 PM »

I just unsubscribed. Nothing particularly against the new people but the whole brand of the Ramble, and reason I listened, was the rapport between the four of them. Not really interested in the others, if I was interested in diff people I'd just try out some other podcasts. Also yeah, just too many episodes, I'm not keeping up with that.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 08:24:31 PM »
f***ed it off 2-3 years ago, became far too self aware and spread themselves far too thin.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 08:29:31 PM »
What the f*** is that "Topics" s*** they've been doing lately? Who thought that was a good idea?

I've got about 10 other football podcasts vying for my time but I know what I'd love to hear, ten minutes' worth of dreadful patter about which Premier League manager should start wearing a funny hat.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 08:33:04 PM »
f***ed it off 2-3 years ago, became far too self aware and spread themselves far too thin.

Yeap, soon as they expanded then I went off it.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 08:43:47 PM »
Luke went right up his own arse a few years back.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 08:48:07 PM »

I just unsubscribed. Nothing particularly against the new people but the whole brand of the Ramble, and reason I listened, was the rapport between the four of them. Not really interested in the others, if I was interested in diff people I'd just try out some other podcasts. Also yeah, just too many episodes, I'm not keeping up with that.

Pretty much my feelings. I’ll stay subscribed and dip in and out.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 09:00:46 PM »
Ramble hasn't been on my huge list of football podcasts for years. I didn't like them, Pete annoys me and Luke seems like a t***.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 09:05:40 PM »
Met them a few times (original cast) and had drinks with them (in London) are they are very good craic but guessing when you become a media company then it's not the same.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 09:34:15 PM »
Wew, just checked out the subreddit, the Ramble diehards are not happy. :lol:

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #296 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:46:02 AM »
Same as Disco, stopped listening a couple of years back. Luke was always relentlessly annoying for as long as I listened and Jim is fine as a straight man but boring as all hell if the other 'entertaining' ones aren't actually entertaining so when Pete's schtick got old as well there wasn't much worth listening out for, especially when there started being more and more drops to try and keep up with.

If a few of us on here had somewhat similar feelings I guess it's not a surprise they've tried to shake it up but it sounds like it's come at the expense of losing even more of what made the show so good; that it was just four mates having a chat.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #297 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:04:15 AM »
Ramble hasn't been on my huge list of football podcasts for years. I didn't like them, Pete annoys me and Luke seems like a t***.

Is Pete the one who also does the Wrestle Me podcast? If so I quite like him.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #298 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:06:52 AM »

Is Pete the one who also does the Wrestle Me podcast? If so I quite like him.

Aye.

I like them all. Shame they’ve split themselves up

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #299 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:13:27 AM »
Thought Pete's film club during lockdown was great mind but felt like they wanted to get rid of it at the first opportunity. Marcus is the key though as others mentioned
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"