Author Topic: Football Podcasts  (Read 28798 times)

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
Re: Football Podcasts
« Reply #350 on: Thursday 4 February 2021, 11:42:46 PM »
It’s very try hard and weirdly compared to the rest of Athletic output seems to be anti intellectual / football minutae.

Online Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #351 on: Friday 5 February 2021, 02:32:58 AM »
Enjoyed hearing Aaron Hughes on, would like to hear from some more players like him - but aye, generally found boring/annoying and stopped listening

Are you on about the Aaron Hughes one from a long while ago (that was excellent), or has he been on again?

There's been some good episodes and some good discussions. We've covered it a lot in the other journalism thread but it's a really frustrating podcast; it needn't be as s*** as it is. The tone of it is so needlessly childish. On the rare occasions Taylor isn't trying to crack some dismal joke, he's perfectly fine to listen to and his views pretty much align with most of ours', as far as I can tell.

It was last spring or summer, or at least that's when I listened to it.

Really enjoyed hearing from a player like that who spent a good while at the club from young but was always a quiet one - then was moved on unnecessarily imo.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday 10 February 2021, 10:28:14 AM »

Really good listen this. Covers a lot of stuff including scoring in the derby, coming back from injury, what Ben Arfa and sissoko were like, Colo’s party and carroll smacking Steven Taylor :lol:

Offline Keggy_Keagal

• General Member
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday 10 February 2021, 01:19:18 PM »

Really good listen this. Covers a lot of stuff including scoring in the derby, coming back from injury, what Ben Arfa and sissoko were like, Colo’s party and carroll smacking Steven Taylor :lol:

Great listen, basically confirmed the Llambias Pardew rumours. Interesting to hear him speak so highly of Pardew and even Mike Ashley being capable of decency.

Taylor comes across so down to earth , seems a great fella.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • "Nice and decent." Disco, Feb 2021
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday 10 February 2021, 01:30:36 PM »
Will definitely give that a listen but I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks highly of Pardew. Not that I disliked Raylor - I think he made a really worthwhile contribution on the pitch in his time here, particularly in the Championship and then in 11/12 - but you could tell he was a favourite of Pards'. He was still playing fairly consistently despite terrible injuries and not being that great a player in the first place.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday 10 February 2021, 01:41:54 PM »
Will definitely give that a listen but I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks highly of Pardew. Not that I disliked Raylor - I think he made a really worthwhile contribution on the pitch in his time here, particularly in the Championship and then in 11/12 - but you could tell he was a favourite of Pards'. He was still playing fairly consistently despite terrible injuries and not being that great a player in the first place.

Possible spoiler but he does. He says pardew never left him out of things when he was injured and when he made his comeback in the cup v Man City he was last player back to the dressing room and pardew had got the whole squad to go mental and sing his chant when he got back to the dressing room.  I suppose that’d mean a lot to him

Online Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday 10 February 2021, 03:26:35 PM »
Hmm not sure I want to hear human decency stories of Pardew

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday 10 February 2021, 07:05:59 PM »
Was a good listen and seems like a great bloke. Speaks very highly of Jonas and Colo too
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday 10 February 2021, 07:07:32 PM »
Basically said Bruce was a good man manager but didn't have a clue tactically as well
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • "Nice and decent." Disco, Feb 2021
« Reply #359 on: Monday 15 February 2021, 12:19:58 PM »
Price of Football podcast has an exclusive with Nick de Marco. No mention of us in the blurb, mind.

Edit: 45 minutes in.
« Last Edit: Monday 15 February 2021, 12:38:01 PM by Yorkie »

Offline binnsy

• General Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #360 on: Thursday 18 February 2021, 12:21:39 PM »
Watched the Undr the cosh podcast with Andy Woodman on youtube last night,   really good,  now waiting for part 2 as that should cover more NUFC,  the first part has covered his playing career but mentioned Pardew nutting Meyler and also Pardew in charge of the trips, mainly to Tenerife with Palace.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #361 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 09:54:17 AM »
Listened to the True Faith Pod a couple of times now.  Interesting enough listen.  Hard to say I've enjoyed them, as everything NUFC related is depressing ATM.

Charlotte spent the first half an hour of last night's one just talking for ages, without actually saying anything.  Was pretty annoying.  But she redeemed herself with her criticism of Shelvey. 

Offline NE27

• General Member
  • I'm a pretty boy living on the Westside
« Reply #362 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 11:10:19 AM »
Listened to the True Faith Pod a couple of times now.  Interesting enough listen.  Hard to say I've enjoyed them, as everything NUFC related is depressing ATM.

Charlotte spent the first half an hour of last night's one just talking for ages, without actually saying anything.  Was pretty annoying.  But she redeemed herself with her criticism of Shelvey.

Yeah I find Charlotte sometimes talks but she doesn't really put across any points if that makes sense? Just sort of takes others and reiterates them.

I enjoy the true faith podcasts but that is probably because I share their miserable outlook atm. Actually annoys me when they try and find a positive  :lol:

Online Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #363 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 12:49:52 PM »
Watched the Undr the cosh podcast with Andy Woodman on youtube last night,   really good,  now waiting for part 2 as that should cover more NUFC,  the first part has covered his playing career but mentioned Pardew nutting Meyler and also Pardew in charge of the trips, mainly to Tenerife with Palace.

Aye I listened to that, thought Woodman came across quite well (constantly referring to how s*** he was as a player) and the story about Dani Osvaldo kicking him in the bollocks was canny funny.

Looking forwards to part 2, as you say, hopefully more Pards stories.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Online Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #364 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 01:44:40 AM »
I dipped into Football Ramble today for first time in months. Found myself pretty irritated the way they were howling at the madness of Souness talking about ex-pros being refs. Fair enough the idea has a load of drawbacks, but it's been talked about for years and they were acting as if Souness was going off on a mad one.

Offline Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #365 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 03:48:50 AM »
Only tune in for the last 15mins on Friday for the game, and that’s getting too easy.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 10:30:35 AM »

I'm about 50 minutes into this and it's been brilliant so far. 

I know everyone is different with their personality, memory of things etc.  But what really stood out was a lot of the little details he remembered vividly and I think his love for the place and the club really shines through. 

He had some very slight digs about the fans getting on the players when they don't perform.  But perhaps we are worse than other fans in that regard? 

« Reply #367 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 08:08:10 PM »

Aye I listened to that, thought Woodman came across quite well (constantly referring to how s*** he was as a player) and the story about Dani Osvaldo kicking him in the bollocks was canny funny.

Watched part 2 earlier today, the story about how they all got 8 year contracts is absolutely insane. Funny at the end aswell when they all got payouts apart from Woodman :lol:

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 08:14:42 PM »

Watched part 2 earlier today, the story about how they all got 8 year contracts is absolutely insane. Funny at the end aswell when they all got payouts apart from Woodman :lol:

Ha ha I’d love to have been sat near them in Shark Bar when Woodman came back in from his SJP meeting!

He came across really well tbf!

« Reply #369 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 09:01:45 PM »

Ha ha I’d love to have been sat near them in Shark Bar when Woodman came back in from his SJP meeting!

He came across really well tbf!
Yeah seems like a funny guy to be around, admits he was hopeless aswell.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday 24 February 2021, 11:59:07 AM »
That 8 year contract story is fuckin mental. No wonder this club is f***ed

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday 24 February 2021, 12:07:08 PM »
That 8 year contract story is fuckin mental. No wonder this club is f***ed

I wouldn't believe it about any other club in the world bar ours! Astonishing!

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday 24 February 2021, 12:15:22 PM »
I dipped into Football Ramble today for first time in months. Found myself pretty irritated the way they were howling at the madness of Souness talking about ex-pros being refs. Fair enough the idea has a load of drawbacks, but it's been talked about for years and they were acting as if Souness was going off on a mad one.

Haven't listened to it for ages, found them all hard work especially Pete.

Jim was the only alright one

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #373 on: Thursday 25 February 2021, 04:50:08 PM »
I still enjoy the Ramble, the new additions are decent and the rolling roster from the group keeps it fresh. It's Luke I find hard work at times.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Long live BeoutQ
« Reply #374 on: Thursday 25 February 2021, 08:14:24 PM »
I didn't mind the change at first but got bored of it pretty quickly.

I only listen to the ones which Marcus hosts. Listened back to a few of the best bits from previous years with the original 4, so much better than what is is now (granted it was a selection of best bits though :lol:)