Author Topic: Football Podcasts  (Read 25940 times)

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
Re: Football Podcasts
« Reply #325 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 06:17:57 AM »
I must have posted Jamie Carragher interviews in this thread two or three times before but I really enjoy the man talk. Nice two hours and twenty minutes of conversation. Rafa talk starts at 1:14:30

« Last Edit: Friday 25 December 2020, 06:58:35 AM by Astroblack »

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #326 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 10:24:32 AM »
Happy Christmas N-O, here's 2 and a half hours of nails on a black board.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #327 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 01:10:18 PM »
Stumbled Across 'Football Travel by Outside Write' over the weekend, bit different from the usual but has some interesting stuff on it.

Offline Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #328 on: Today at 12:39:51 AM »
Made the mistake of listening to a full episode of Football Ramble again today.

Used to love the show, now it's unbearable. Last few months only been skipping ahead the Friday shows for Luke's Game, but listened to the whole thing earlier.

Spent two minutes on some bollocks joke about Louis Theraux I didn't understand the point of, another few minutes of unimportance about Arsenal's new ceo, what with all the ads at the start and middle, skip the cleverly disguised Betway ad section, Pete's horrible jingles - Luke's Game is the only thing holding that Franchise together now.   :sad:

Used to enjoy the old show, Going for GLOLd!  :rolleyes:

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #329 on: Today at 01:31:29 AM »
@Yorkie, thank you for making SPM part of my weekly podcast schedule.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #330 on: Today at 08:07:16 AM »
@Yorkie, thank you for making SPM part of my weekly podcast schedule.

:thup: It's perfect and Rory Smith is the man. Agreed entirely with the email a couple weeks back which said it's the best item of football content out there. Without sounding like a dick I'm still so buzzing that I've had a couple of emails read out on it. :lol:

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #331 on: Today at 08:07:49 AM »
Made the mistake of listening to a full episode of Football Ramble again today.

Used to love the show, now it's unbearable. Last few months only been skipping ahead the Friday shows for Luke's Game, but listened to the whole thing earlier.

Spent two minutes on some bollocks joke about Louis Theraux I didn't understand the point of, another few minutes of unimportance about Arsenal's new ceo, what with all the ads at the start and middle, skip the cleverly disguised Betway ad section, Pete's horrible jingles - Luke's Game is the only thing holding that Franchise together now.   :sad:

Used to enjoy the old show, Going for GLOLd!  :rolleyes:

Yeah it’s definitely not what it was - I didn’t mind it to begin with as seemed fresh with the new people ( all of whom are decent in their own right )

But now it’s lost its USP!

Kate as host instantly makes me want to turn it off, she isn’t even a bad host per se but just doesn’t fit the show at all— it seems aswel what they used to take the p*ss out off they are now themselves - riddled with adverts , jokes dragging on for weeks that are not funny ( think they purposely laugh more at Kate etc to make them feel comfortable which is fine but it’s a cringe listen most of the time )

Vish and Pete now seem bored- Andy is very knowledgeable and a good guy but doesn’t fit the show either...

But of a shame and can’t really knock them for cashing in especially if it keeps things going in these times,

Hope post covid ( next season ) they go back to the original 4 on Mondays / Fridays- ( even a mix the other days won’t really matter just would be nice for that consistency and standard for the 4 on them days ) will keep giving it a chance until then- still really hits the note when Marcus Jim and Luke are on- Marcus is superb host in his own right and perfect for this
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
« Reply #332 on: Today at 08:24:02 AM »
Vish was in the year above me at uni, really sound guy and I’ve read a number of his articles (mainly on cricket) and they’ve always been really well written. Never listened to football ramble before though, is Vish decent on that?

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #333 on: Today at 08:42:07 AM »
Vish was in the year above me at uni, really sound guy and I’ve read a number of his articles (mainly on cricket) and they’ve always been really well written. Never listened to football ramble before though, is Vish decent on that?

He started great , very dry and funny guy, seems to have lost his way a bit - maybe due to the rotation of hosts so he can’t find his feet / consistency
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
« Reply #334 on: Today at 08:49:14 AM »
Fair play, hope if that doesn’t work out he finds another vehicle. I’ve heard him on Test Match Special during lunch breaks and I’ve often thought he must be getting closer to a big gig

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #335 on: Today at 09:33:28 AM »
He's good on the Ramble got a great sense of humour. I still struggle with Luke. Just butts into others talking.
Bearings Straight!