Author Topic: Football Podcasts  (Read 22679 times)

Offline ScottishMagpie

• General Member
Re: Football Podcasts
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday 22 September 2020, 12:03:46 PM »
See Caulkin is guest on the lastest True Faith podcast.  Think I'll leave that 'delight' until I'm out walking the dogs later.  That way I can swear away without wor lass giving us grief.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday 22 September 2020, 06:42:43 PM »
It's not that bad actually.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #302 on: Thursday 24 September 2020, 12:21:38 PM »
Ramble hasn't been on my huge list of football podcasts for years. I didn't like them, Pete annoys me and Luke seems like a t***.

Is Pete the one who also does the Wrestle Me podcast? If so I quite like him.

Aye.

I like them all. Shame they’ve split themselves up

Cancelled my Patreon for them last week. Not as a reaction to the new format but all the talk did spur me on to do it a bit. I find I'm not listening to stuff as regularly this year with the lack of commuting. Then with a daily schedule it's not exactly something you can save up and binge on a long journey.

I don't mind the new cast at all and if I had the time I'd probably listen as much if not more than usual and still enjoy it but I have to agree with pretty much everyone saying they've missed a trick by not having the original 4 on together at least once a week.

Also, not a fan of them splitting out OTC onto it's own feed but then filling that feed up with s****. OTC should just be it's own separate thing again.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 09:13:12 PM »
If you're a fan of the heavily saturated weekend recap genre, the Second Captains Monday release (which is free) is by far the best one. Today's episode is marvellous and not just because it contains a hilarious anecdote about Neil Warnock. Today's Ramble on the other hand was entirely void of anything interesting or insightful whatsoever.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #304 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 09:40:39 PM »
Ken is always at his best when he's just read some random autobiography or biography. That anecdote might be one of the most disgusting things I've heard :lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #305 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 11:17:03 PM »
The Football Ramble is so much better with the rotating line up. Less Luke but also Vish, Kate, Andy & Jules ball bring something different. Really enjoying it, it's really brought it to life and random combinations create something different. Vish is savagely funny, no messing just nails his point home. Pete & Vish or Pete &, Andy is always a great episode
Bearings Straight!

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 01:14:48 AM »
If you're a fan of the heavily saturated weekend recap genre, the Second Captains Monday release (which is free) is by far the best one. Today's episode is marvellous and not just because it contains a hilarious anecdote about Neil Warnock. Today's Ramble on the other hand was entirely void of anything interesting or insightful whatsoever.

Would agree, comes out earlier than FW which is extremely handy too.

It’s a shame Andy Brassell ended up on the Ramble bandwagon and not FW or Totally. One of very few I’m genuinely go to  to hear opinions from.

Online CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:34:37 AM »

Ken’s disdain of Frank Lampard is worth the subscription alone.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 02:22:51 PM »
Had to chase up On the Continent because the Ramble keep f***ing around. Can't believe Dotun Adebayo is now the host - love him on World Football Phone-In but he's hardly there for his footballing knowledge.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 02:40:26 PM »
Had to chase up On the Continent because the Ramble keep f***ing around. Can't believe Dotun Adebayo is now the host - love him on World Football Phone-In but he's hardly there for his footballing knowledge.

Anyone on OTC is just there to fill in for a few seconds while Brassell takes a breath in between monologues  :lol:

It's not the same without Horncastle but Nicky Bandini fills in well enough on the Italian stuff.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday 14 October 2020, 01:47:01 PM »
?s=21

www.brianstormers.net podcast network