Author Topic: NOFC vs Preston Invincibles - Saturday 20th February  (Read 36287 times)

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
Re: NOFC vs Preston Invincibles - Saturday 20th February
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 05:11:03 pm »
I noticed there aren't many strikers, like I said I can play up front, I'm 6.1' so canny in the air and I can hold the ball up well.

Geordiecunny

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 05:30:00 pm »
I PMed Stu saying my mate who he nicked to play in net for his Uni bods when we played them is free. Plays mostly outfield as a defender but hes a pretty good keeper too, kept a clean sheet that day anyway.

Offline KDT

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 05:32:51 pm »
still in

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 05:33:24 pm »
Sorry lads, but I'm in Scotland that weekend. The first N-O football match I'll have missed! :(

Good luck.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 05:39:51 pm »
Managed to swindle a shift swap so I'm now a 100% in.
?s=21

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 05:41:00 pm »
Ah nice one, Chris. :thup:

Offline Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 07:58:27 pm »
Sorry lads, but I'm in Scotland that weekend. The first N-O football match I'll have missed! :(

Good luck.

We've only had one  :lol:

Offline Dr Venkman

• General Member
  • Alreet pet?
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 08:42:18 pm »
yeah i can play

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 09:45:29 pm »

Good luck.

We've only had one  :lol:

I'm including Red/Blue games in those too! :lol:
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 11 February 2010, 05:19:21 pm »
My name's not in the original post.
?s=21

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Friday 12 February 2010, 05:42:41 pm »
If you're short of players lads, I'll put a shift in. Its within walking distance of my gaff so no problems getting there etc. Will play anywhere aside from CB.

Offline Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Friday 12 February 2010, 06:35:43 pm »
Still can play the game but will be unavailable for actual match and subsequent p*ss-up. I start work at half two. Cock-knobs.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Friday 12 February 2010, 06:47:18 pm »
I realise I'll probably not start with none of you lot seeing me play out field but will I get a decent amount of game time?

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #63 on: Friday 12 February 2010, 10:28:08 pm »
I realise I'll probably not start with none of you lot seeing me play out field but will I get a decent amount of game time?

Rolling subs so I imagine everyone will get a decent amount of game time. While we'd like to win, there's no point asking 14 people to show up if you only give the subs 5-10minutes at the end of a match.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #64 on: Friday 12 February 2010, 10:29:09 pm »
If you're short of players lads, I'll put a shift in. Its within walking distance of my gaff so no problems getting there etc. Will play anywhere aside from CB.

Player numbers are in the OP - if you would like to play then PM me with your mobile number and I'll add your name to the list.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 14 February 2010, 01:06:11 am »
If people are playing football regularly, don't be ashamed or see it as arrogant by posting up what you're doing and with whom. If you've scored a belter from thirty yards, let us know.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #66 on: Monday 15 February 2010, 10:54:34 pm »
Available player list updated in OP - if anyone sees BowlingCrofty online or IRL can they get him to send me his mobile/check he's still available please.

PNE have confirmed their team.

Also, if you have a match ball can you please bring it, the more balls we have, the merrier O0

There are changing room facilities available and PNE would like to go for a post-match pint before heading to town for the match. There is a pub just on the roundabout by Blakelaw, so a swift drink should be on the cards for everyone to show our thanks to the opposition...(and the supporters?)

EDIT: The Crofter's Lodge if I'm not mistaken

Offline Dr Venkman

• General Member
  • Alreet pet?
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 16 February 2010, 10:31:37 am »
lads, gonna have to pull out of this, my apologies. the reason is pretty simple in that i've got some pretty important stuff to get through in the next few months, for which i'm gonna need my legs. i simply cant afford to hurt myself, which i've been known to do with alarming regularity. best of luck.

Geordiecunny

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 16 February 2010, 01:51:29 pm »
I've said it a couple of times but my mate is coming to watch anyway and he's pretty good so you can add him to the list as being definitely available. Can play anywhere in the back four, DM and is a decent GK too.

Geordiecunny

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 16 February 2010, 01:52:59 pm »
Oh and since we were already low on strikers before Venkman pulled out, I'm more than happy to play up top if needs be.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 16 February 2010, 05:10:35 pm »
I've said it a couple of times but my mate is coming to watch anyway and he's pretty good so you can add him to the list as being definitely available. Can play anywhere in the back four, DM and is a decent GK too.

Will do, what's his name?

Heneage

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 16 February 2010, 11:47:53 pm »
Quote from:  Sky Sports

Yorkshiremen left rocked, as the Doctor Jacks it in. By Craig Huupe.

Matt 'Chris Hughton' Lishman was left with a tactical decision to make ahead of Saturdays game with Preston Supporters Club. Late last night Jack Venkman held emergency talks with his manager over his sudden withdrawl from the match day squad, with Lishman admitting he's not entirely sure what to do.

"I'm a bit of a virgin really...and I've not got much managerial experience either." The uncertainty in the teens voice was clear, as he gathered to the assembled media before the weekend's crunch tie with Preston Supporters team.

"It's a blow but I've high hopes for Crouchie.. I mean Ash17, as for Wullie, I'm not interested in him, those rumours are wide of the mark, I don't want Journeymen." Added the bespectacled tinkerman with a glint in his eye."

Lishman isn't ruling out deadline day transfer activity though; "I'm in the market for a Centre back, a left back, and some new glasses."

And with many expecting big things from tricky winger Gorilla 'The Thrilla' his manager is in no doubt of his abilities, "Gorilla's always been an ultra-dependable. He's a big player for us. People have asked me 'Have i considered resting him?' Well the answer is no because he's a huge player for us."

Meanwhile the News Of The World is reporting a potential bust up with Italian defender Kristiano 'Kezman' Heneage after photos of him and Lishman's love interest appeared on the back pages, the Italian has declined to comment.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 16 February 2010, 11:49:52 pm »
:lol: :thup:

Geordiecunny

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 16 February 2010, 11:58:31 pm »

Will do, what's his name?
Used to be on here, his username was Duff100

Offline PM

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 17 February 2010, 10:09:48 am »
I'm coming to this, incidentally.  Not playing though.