Author Topic: NOFC vs Preston Invincibles - Saturday 20th February  (Read 36692 times)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: NOFC vs Preston Invincibles - Saturday 20th February
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 10 January 2010, 07:30:10 PM »
NSG says he and Bowlingcrofty are as good as confirmed. :thup: Stick em on the list.

Looking really, really promising this - can't come soon enough. We've got near everyone from the Peterborough game which, in all fairness, was a really decent performance where everyone seemed to click reasonably well - both in the 4-5-1 and the 4-4-2.

Bit premature thinking up line-ups right now - cos numbers are bound to change a little bit - but this was the 4-4-2 in that second half vs Peterborough:

NSG

Yorkie --- Crofty --- Nut --- Kezman

Cunny --- Stu --- Rocker --- Slim

KenDahl --- Venkman*

*Burnip was up there n'all for most of the game but like i say, will he be in the States when this is being played?

Which worked well, but baring in mind we had them pegged back for that entire half - so the slow defense (aside from Chris) didn't really get shown up like it possibly could have done. What's nice though is that we've actually got a few really solid defensive options - Crofty, Nick and Venkman were our best players at centre-back for large parts of the game so we can pick and choose there. I'd say our full-backs are well covered n'all... Cunny, Slim, Kezman and I have all played there at some point over the matches and done alright at the very least.

So aye... just Pilko and Burnip missing from the last game, but there's mini-Kezman and Ste coming in to keep us well up to scratch as far as numbers go.

Looking good lads. Be good to get a couple more just for safesies like.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 10 January 2010, 09:20:46 PM »
You should definitely continue to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of potential players who may or may not be available to play in a formation that we may or may not be using on the day of a match, which is still to be confirmed.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 10 January 2010, 09:35:24 PM »
You should definitely continue to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of potential players who may or may not be available to play in a formation that we may or may not be using on the day of a match, which is still to be confirmed.

Don't be such a t***, it's worth having a look at our options. It's good to get the opinions of other people who've played in these games before too, as they know just as well as we do what worked and what didn't.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 10 January 2010, 09:36:58 PM »
I'd happily play upfront or in centre mid, by the way.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 10 January 2010, 09:57:40 PM »

What a poor attitude.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #30 on: Monday 11 January 2010, 07:02:55 AM »

Don't be such a t***, it's worth having a look at our options. It's good to get the opinions of other people who've played in these games before too, as they know just as well as we do what worked and what didn't.

???

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 14 January 2010, 05:16:56 PM »
Will play centrehalf, leftback or up front if needed.  Been playing outfield alot lately, my fitness is better than its ever been.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 14 January 2010, 05:58:19 PM »
Nice one, Neil. :thup:  Liking this, lots of numbers.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 14 January 2010, 06:14:39 PM »
Nice one, Neil. :thup:  Liking this, lots of numbers.

Oh, how the worm has turned...

Absolutely not. I want us to do well and if there's hundreds of us there, it'll be a cluttered team full of subs with no cohesion like it was last time, and we'll get humped again. I wouldn't say it's a poor attitude at all tbh, i want us to win cos there's a good bunch of people and some really decent footy players... but it's a week away and still we're without an actual eleven. I feel a bit ngyeurgh coming up just for us to get humped cos no one picked a team. Conversely, if someone does sort a team, the best players need to be playing - and there's no way i'm one of the best eleven from those who've declared themselves available, so i'd feel a tad guilty sneaking a place infront of someone of a better standard.

O0

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 14 January 2010, 06:21:53 PM »
Aye - i'd still agree with that tbh. But it's good to have numbers now cos games in the past have suggested there'll be a couple of people who can't make it on the day. That was a week before the match. Most important thing is that someone picks our best eleven, really.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 14 January 2010, 06:22:38 PM »
Aye - i'd still agree with that tbh. But it's good to have numbers now cos games in the past have suggested there'll be a couple of people who can't make it on the day. That was a week before the match. Most important thing is that someone picks our best eleven, really.

Can I nominate you for this honour?

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 14 January 2010, 06:24:23 PM »
Kezman and I will pick a team if everyone's happy with that.
« Last Edit: Thursday 14 January 2010, 08:40:45 PM by Yorkie »

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 14 January 2010, 07:11:42 PM »
What qualifications do you need?? A PhD in FM??

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 14 January 2010, 08:32:31 PM »
Yorkie, I hereby annoint you (and Kezman) as the team/squad selector for this match. Stop pontificating! :p

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #39 on: Monday 18 January 2010, 10:09:09 PM »
nothing more worrying than seeing a footballer who isn't lean.

someone's just talked himself out of a starting berth

Heneage

« Reply #40 on: Monday 18 January 2010, 10:18:38 PM »
nothing more worrying than seeing a footballer who isn't lean.

someone's just talked himself out of a starting berth
I'm sorry but where did I state I was a professional athlete?

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 19 January 2010, 12:56:58 PM »
Just checked im off so %100 in

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 28 January 2010, 10:44:10 AM »
is this going ahead, i can get myself and another poster from here to probably come up from london for this

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 28 January 2010, 04:05:47 PM »
Aye, still going ahead. But we're looking very comfortable for numbers so don't feel forced to bringing non-forumites along.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 01:13:21 PM »
OP updated with confirmed details, please double check and send me your number via PM asap.

Any more players available?

Stephen927

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 02:55:41 PM »
I'm not a confirmed player, I'm out of this one.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 04:27:55 PM »
If I win the lottery before the game then I'll be there. No other way will I be able to convince the wife that I can go to football in Newcastle on her birthday. Unless I broach a trial separation (taking in valentines day and her birthday) before realising how much I love her and begging to be taken back.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 04:31:09 PM »
I'll take that as a 'confirmed'. :coolsmiley:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 04:58:47 PM »
Right, that's Stephen and now Nut (and Pilko, though he was never 'confirmed') that have declared themselves unavailable unfortunately - leaving us with bang on 11 players. I've sent PMs to everyone - can everyone please get back to me ASAP if they can't make it, so that we can scout for some more players with time to spare.

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 9 February 2010, 05:10:16 PM »
I'll play if you're struggling for numbers, I'm a striker mainly but I'll play anywhere across midfield if needs be, although by the looks of things you've got plenty of them.