Author Topic: Alan Shearer  (Read 219070 times)

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
Re: Alan Shearer
« Reply #975 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:20:58 PM »
My first post.
Mr Alan Shearer, i hope your birthday was a great day.
A legend for sure.

Welcome to the forum

Thank you very much.

Mackem tbh.

I kid, welcome!
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Outlaw Pete

« Reply #976 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:26:07 PM »
My first post.
A legend for sure.

Welcome to the forum

Thank you very much.

Mackem tbh.

I kid, welcome!

I understand how a newbie on a NUFC fan site is tested to see if he is a troll of the mackem breed.
You'll just have to give me the benefit of doubt for the time being.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #977 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:28:07 PM »
My first post.
A legend for sure.

Welcome to the forum

Thank you very much.

Mackem tbh.

I kid, welcome!

I understand how a newbie on a NUFC fan site is tested to see if he is a troll of the mackem breed.
You'll just have to give me the benefit of doubt for the time being.

Hmmmm

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #978 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:28:10 PM »

antz1uk

« Reply #979 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:29:18 PM »
what's rooney currently on?

edit -  260 v 185

personally i dont think he's got 4 x 20 goals a season left

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #980 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:32:05 PM »
what's rooney currently on?
Think it's 185. 75 behind by my reckoning or 15 a season for the next 5 years. Naturally hope he gets nowhere near.

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #981 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:39:07 PM »
Deffinitely think that's achievable, especially if he plays upfront regularely

Outlaw Pete

« Reply #982 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:44:27 PM »

n4e

« Reply #983 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:49:36 PM »
15 a season for 5 years is a big ask. Hardly like Rooney keeps himself in great shape and he's looked bobbins in his first two games at striker this season.

Offline Greg

« Reply #984 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 10:51:27 PM »
He's only managed 15 a season 4 times so far.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #985 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 11:22:31 PM »
Hope no-one breaks his record. Rooney might get close mind.

Rooney :yao:
He's not that far off - especially if he plays up front.

Aye people keep writing this off as if it could never happen , when it really isn't beyond the realms of possibility

He's 30 in 2 months, he's scored an average of 13 goals over the last three seasons, Man Utd are no longer pissing the league, he's 75 behind and he looks f***ing shot. It's over. He'll be lucky if he keeps fit enough to come within 30 of the record IMO.

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #986 on: Friday 14 August 2015, 11:24:07 PM »
Hope you're right

Offline M4

• General Member
« Reply #987 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 01:18:24 AM »
The fanboy in me hopes it is never beaten, but then records are there to be beaten. Ronney would feel a little too soon, but in any case realistically he's going to have to have some amazing seasons to get there.

Growing up it was always said that a 30+ goal season was not just good but amazing. I even remember an interview of Shearer himself saying no one would ever hit 30 league goals again... Only for Kevin Phillips to get there 10 months later. What Messi and Ronaldo have been doing the last few seasons certainly puts it all in perspective.
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Offline Mr. Snrub

• General Member
  • Messi
« Reply #988 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 02:16:44 AM »
Rooney in his prime, if he's ever had one.. 2 great seasons.. has never even looked close to lacing Shearer's boots when Al was at his best ffs.  The only striker in the world better than Shearer at his best was the best striker of all time.

Do people forget how good Shearer actually was or purposly remember him as a bit of a clogger at 35 years old?

Online newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #989 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 02:43:42 AM »
Rooney in his prime, if he's ever had one.. 2 great seasons.. has never even looked close to lacing Shearer's boots when Al was at his best ffs.  The only striker in the world better than Shearer at his best was the best striker of all time.

Do people forget how good Shearer actually was or purposly remember him as a bit of a clogger at 35 years old?

He wasn't a clogger even at 35, man. Mackems had to take him out to finish him, the f***ers. I've got all day for Alan Shearer, he's the man. Everybody whines on about his MotD drivel, but he's doing his job. You want to hear the s**** I have to say at work. :lol:

Anyway, didn't you die recently? Are you OK now, though? That's the main thing.
:) As you were.

Offline Mr. Snrub

• General Member
  • Messi
« Reply #990 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 02:54:33 AM »
When I die and they lay me to rest I'm gonna go on the p*ss with Leon Best.

Offline Stottie

• General Member
  • Aal these sheep and you've got nae bacon!
« Reply #991 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 03:36:15 AM »
You'd expect Rooney to head somewhere like MLS once he stops playing regularly for Man U. The only lesser Prem table you could see him going to is Everton, and that would be with a 70%+ pay cut. To break Shearer's record, Rooney will probably need to score the remaining goals for Man U.

Given the likely scenario, Ancelotti/Pep/Klopp etc. managing Man U in two seasons' time is going to want to play someone else and will have anything up to 100M to get that player in. That's if Van Gaal doesn't do it first. Common sense says they should buy a central striker this window or next, and they can afford the best one available and willing to go there, whoever he may be.

Offline Dr Venkman

• General Member
  • Alreet pet?
« Reply #992 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 07:21:00 AM »

My first post.
A legend for sure.

Cracking username!

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #993 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 12:38:30 PM »
His statue looks great imo.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #994 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 12:40:01 PM »

He wasn't a clogger even at 35, man. Mackems had to take him out to finish him, the f***ers. I've got all day for Alan Shearer, he's the man. Everybody whines on about his MotD drivel, but he's doing his job. You want to hear the s**** I have to say at work. :lol:

He's not even that bad anymore tbh, he was at the beginning no doubt. ( MOTD)

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #995 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 12:41:19 PM »

He wasn't a clogger even at 35, man. Mackems had to take him out to finish him, the f***ers. I've got all day for Alan Shearer, he's the man. Everybody whines on about his MotD drivel, but he's doing his job. You want to hear the s**** I have to say at work. [emoji38]

He's not even that bad anymore tbh, he was at the beginning no doubt. ( MOTD)
Also it is a pretty difficult job to comment on 7 or 8 games most of which you've only seen highlights of
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.

Offline Twinport53

• General Member
« Reply #997 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 12:50:26 PM »
I unfortunately think it looks s****.
Hatem Ben Arfa -
I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

After 9 losses and 1 draw in 10 matches under John Carver.

Offline TheGuv

• General Member
« Reply #998 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 01:00:36 PM »
Jesus that looks bad

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #999 on: Saturday 15 August 2015, 01:02:10 PM »
His statue looks great imo.

It's marginally better than the Robson statue, but still think Tom Maley is stealing a f***ing living as an artist.

All about opinions of course, but everything he does just lacks any gravitas and instead come across as hopelessly cartoonish to me. Far, far, far prefer Milburns statue to the latest efforts to build lasting tributes (including that godawful plaque).
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.