Author Topic: Alan Shearer  (Read 218893 times)

Offline MinnesotaMagpie

Re: Alan Shearer
« Reply #725 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 03:43:45 AM »
I agree. It is quite frank. He is stating things we all know to be true. Makes me wonder, can't he head up some consortium of investors to buy the club from Ashley?

Offline MinnesotaMagpie

« Reply #726 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 03:46:52 AM »
What's the point of stating how bad things are unless you're willing to put money on the table and buy him out.

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #727 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 03:48:10 AM »
Erm, he doesn't have that much money?

Offline MinnesotaMagpie

« Reply #728 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 03:50:11 AM »
That's why I mentioned him leading a consortium of like minded people. Pool their money together and buy the club.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #729 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 04:20:58 AM »
it's a fair point tbh, local fat cats would get behind a consortium if it was being led by shearer i reckon
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #730 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 06:34:36 AM »
He is right of course in what he says and what many of.us have said on here for ages.

Online Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #731 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 08:41:44 AM »
What's the point of stating how bad things are unless you're willing to put money on the table and buy him out.

Because he was asked?
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #732 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 08:45:13 AM »
Not sure about the comment about saving money up all week to go to the match, makes us sound like there is no money in Newcastle.  :lol: :lol:

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #733 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 08:52:54 AM »
Not sure about the comment about saving money up all week to go to the match, makes us sound like there is no money in Newcastle.  :lol: :lol:
Such an outdated stereotype. I work in London and almost everyone thinks we are either like those tossers on Geordie Shore or own a whippet, wear a flat cap and drink Brown ale in front of our coal fires. Nee idea man.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #734 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 09:09:02 AM »
Such an outdated stereotype. I work in London and almost everyone thinks we are either like those tossers on Geordie Shore or own a whippet, wear a flat cap and drink Brown ale in front of our coal fires. Nee idea man.

Yeas ago, about 2002...Me and AfroP had to go to Leatherhead for some work.  The staff down there were then expected to come up to Newcastle to help oversee the transition etc.

They came up and were shocked at how big Newcastle was and how many cars there were.

Shearers comments are stupid and unhelpful.

Online Sima

• General Member
« Reply #735 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 09:15:46 AM »

Yeas ago, about 2002...Me and AfroP had to go to Leatherhead for some work.  The staff down there were then expected to come up to Newcastle to help oversee the transition etc.

They came up and were shocked at how big Newcastle was and how many cars there were.

:lol:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #736 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 09:29:36 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #737 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 10:13:00 AM »

We couldn't believe the vision they had of Newcastle.

If memory servers me well, im sure one of them said "its like a proper city"

???  :lol: :lol:

Offline Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #738 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
Statue definitely going up this year then, but location undecided.

Alan Shearer:

404 games for Newcastle - 206 goals
63 Caps for England - 30 goals
733 career games - 379 goals
Newcastle's all time leading goalscorer
Ended his career by scoring against the scum in a 4-1 win
Turned Man United down, but lived the dream Alan Shearer=TRUE LEGEND

Offline lovejoy

• Sholagol really...
  • General Member
« Reply #739 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 11:16:39 AM »

you're absolutely right, im off to make a bid, you should too, if you've complained like, dont bother if you havent.

Offline Wallace

• General Member
« Reply #740 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 02:18:39 PM »
But Ashley has to want to sell first.  There may well have been interested parties but if Ashley refuses to sell, then there is not a lot they can do.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #741 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 02:27:41 PM »
I am pretty sure if somebody makes a big offer, he will at least consider it. He will be able to negotiate a larger figure if he doesn't actively put the club up for sale himself. This is probably his plan anyway imo.

Offline Disco

« Reply #742 on: Monday 2 March 2015, 02:46:28 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If that's the rule then this place would be very quiet.

Speak for yourself I've just slapped in an offer of £100 in unmarked £5 notes.

Offline EthiGeordie

• General Member
  • Beardsley, The most talented NUFC player eveR.
« Reply #743 on: Tuesday 3 March 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
It should be close to the Stadium. Just off of it where the property is not Mr. Ashley's.

antz1uk

« Reply #744 on: Tuesday 3 March 2015, 11:48:35 AM »
He's sold the land across the road from the Gallowgate now has he not?  just on the corner opposite either the Strawbrry or the other side opposite the Shark Bar would be good

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #745 on: Tuesday 3 March 2015, 11:55:16 AM »
He's sold the land across the road from the Gallowgate now has he not?  just on the corner opposite either the Strawbrry or the other side opposite the Shark Bar would be good

Not yet.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #746 on: Monday 9 March 2015, 07:35:51 PM »
As much as I love the man, I wish he'd stop referring to Man United as 'United' especially when talking about the match with us last week!

Offline Fenham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #747 on: Monday 9 March 2015, 07:38:39 PM »
I'm going to tell him next time I see him.
I really like Fenham Mag. Great guy and a very good poster.

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #748 on: Monday 9 March 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
As much as I love the man, I wish he'd stop referring to Man United as 'United' especially when talking about the match with us last week!

Does it really matter?

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #749 on: Monday 9 March 2015, 07:53:53 PM »

Does it really matter?

Does it really matter?

Yes.