Author Topic: Alan Shearer  (Read 218871 times)

Offline henke

• General Member
Re: Alan Shearer
« Reply #225 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 08:22:44 PM »
I dont blame Shearer at all for being relegated as the damage wa already done. But the little time he did have in charge i wasn't at all impressed with his ability to get the team fired up. You could argue that playing for Kinnear had ruined the players and Shearer was in a no win situation, i'd buy that to be honest. But those last few games before we went down the team were as flat as a witches tit.

But Ashley doesnt want any manager who'll ask him for money so that limits us to the clown we already have.

Offline Jack Flash

• Sack Jack
  • General Member
« Reply #226 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 08:30:28 PM »
If he wanted to be a manager he'd be one now, or at least would've had a decent stab at it at some point in the last 8 years.

Saying that, Keegan stayed away from it for years before he came back too so fingers crossed.

Offline Disco

« Reply #227 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 08:33:15 PM »
Keegan wasn't getting paid a s*** load to chat s*** every Sat night though. Don't blame any pundit for taking the easy money.

Offline Jack Flash

• Sack Jack
  • General Member
« Reply #228 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 08:38:21 PM »
KK basically joined us for a challenge because he was bored. Shearer might do the same at some point.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #229 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
If he wanted to be a manager he'd be one now, or at least would've had a decent stab at it at some point in the last 8 years.

Saying that, Keegan stayed away from it for years before he came back too so fingers crossed.
my opinion too, he's not even had a proper coaching job has he? (not counting the one here obviously)

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #230 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 08:41:58 PM »
I think either would jump at the chance if we had a different owner.

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #231 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 08:45:20 PM »
His choice of Ian dowie as first team coach concerned me
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #232 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 09:24:34 PM »

It was a temporary appointment that he needed to make quickly, plus wasn't it off the back of Dowie actually doing alright with Palace getting them promoted?

Of course it panned out that Dowie was a bit :dowie:, but in the cicumstances I'd hardly say it was worthy of great concern.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #233 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 09:29:20 PM »
Too logical there, fella.

Online Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #234 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 09:29:36 PM »
Think he'd have had a proper stab at management by now if he hadn't walked straight off the pitch and onto the MotD sofa. As it stands, can't seem him taking on anything else other than a job here, which isn't going to happen any time soon.

As for Dowie, thought it seemed like a decent appointment at the time, someone with experience of that situation to come in and do a temporary job assisting him.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #235 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 09:45:38 PM »

It was a temporary appointment that he needed to make quickly, plus wasn't it off the back of Dowie actually doing alright with Palace getting them promoted?

Of course it panned out that Dowie was a bit :dowie:, but in the cicumstances I'd hardly say it was worthy of great concern.

Dowie had been sacked from Charlton, a few years before.  Also had spells at Coventry and QPR which he was also sacked.

firetotheworks

« Reply #236 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 09:49:09 PM »
Shearer rated Souness and Dalglish (while he was with us) btw. I'd still take him over f*** lips of course.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #237 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 09:52:21 PM »
Shearer rated Souness and Dalglish (while he was with us) btw. I'd still take him over f*** lips of course.

Both of them have had decent managerial careers, actually.

firetotheworks

« Reply #238 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 10:28:43 PM »
Hahahahahahaha. Good one.

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #239 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 10:46:12 PM »
Souness took us and Liverpool back years. His record at top level (and no, Turkey and Scotland doesn't constitute top level) is awful.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #240 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 11:12:29 PM »

Very objective of you.

Offline Wallace

• General Member
« Reply #241 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 11:21:38 PM »
I think if Shearer was serious about management, he would have done his pro licence by now as he would need that to manage in the Premier League.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #242 on: Monday 23 June 2014, 12:01:30 AM »
Souness took us and Liverpool back years. His record at top level (and no, Turkey and Scotland doesn't constitute top level) is awful.
His  best achievement was keeping a shocking Southampton squad up.
Dalglish though has won many trophies as a manager so you have to say he's had a good career.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #243 on: Monday 23 June 2014, 01:55:18 AM »
I do.

firetotheworks

« Reply #244 on: Monday 23 June 2014, 09:54:10 AM »

Very objective of you.

I honestly thought you were joking. Souness was an abject failure everywhere that he went to, or at least everywhere that counts. Dalglish's managerial success ended in 1995, after which he wasn't a very good manager. The point I was making is that Shearer has been managed by a fair few managers and he rates Souness and Dalglish. You're allowed to love a player whilst at the same time thinking he'd make a s*** manager y'know?

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #245 on: Monday 23 June 2014, 10:22:09 AM »
No.

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #246 on: Monday 23 June 2014, 10:22:50 AM »
Would honestly rather Gary Lineker.

Shearer doesn't show much tactical acumen as a pundit. 

firetotheworks

« Reply #247 on: Monday 23 June 2014, 10:24:21 AM »
Even when I agree with you, it's uncomfortable to read.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #248 on: Monday 23 June 2014, 11:22:01 AM »

Very objective of you.

I honestly thought you were joking. Souness was an abject failure everywhere that he went to, or at least everywhere that counts. Dalglish's managerial success ended in 1995, after which he wasn't a very good manager. The point I was making is that Shearer has been managed by a fair few managers and he rates Souness and Dalglish. You're allowed to love a player whilst at the same time thinking he'd make a s*** manager y'know?

Every where that counts? Stop talking out of your fart hole.

firetotheworks

« Reply #249 on: Monday 23 June 2014, 11:25:53 AM »

Very objective of you.

Every where that counts? Stop talking out of your fart hole.

....That's eh...disgusting, but yeah, Souness was a comprehensive failure 'everywhere that counts' ie not Rangers.