Author Topic: Alan Shearer  (Read 218916 times)

Offline henke

• General Member
Re: Alan Shearer
« Reply #175 on: Thursday 12 December 2013, 10:14:16 PM »
Like he sort of said, the longer he's out of the game the less likely it'll be that he'll return to management.

I remember Hansen saying many years ago, when he was still being linked with the odd post, that it would be impossible for him to take a job in football. He'd criticised that many folk and was seen as a know it all, so if he was anything less than perfect as a manager he'd be laughed out of town.

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #176 on: Thursday 12 December 2013, 10:23:58 PM »
He's not got the brains to be a manager.

Offline Jayson

• General Member
« Reply #177 on: Thursday 12 December 2013, 10:31:22 PM »
 :lol: Hansens a joke if he said that like.

Happy to critique players/managers where possible & earn a large amount doing so, but the poor guy might be expected to actually back it up with performance in an actual football role.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #178 on: Thursday 12 December 2013, 10:40:32 PM »
Nah, he's right.  He's saying he'd be judged a hundred times more harshly than any other new football manager and that's correct.

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #179 on: Thursday 12 December 2013, 10:47:53 PM »
:lol: Hansens a joke if he said that like.

Happy to critique players/managers where possible & earn a large amount doing so, but the poor guy might be expected to actually back it up with performance in an actual football role.

Read his book. By his own admission he's been crippled by self doubt his entire life, if he went into management and folk took the p*ss it would ruin him.

Offline Cronky

• General Member
« Reply #180 on: Friday 13 December 2013, 08:09:47 AM »
I did a double take when I read about him not 'getting back' into football management. He scarcely dipped his toe in the water.

I always felt that he was reluctant to commit the sacrifices that would be necessary to pursue a career in management. It must have a big impact on your personal life.
People generalise too much.

Offline Jayson

• General Member
« Reply #181 on: Saturday 14 December 2013, 03:37:49 AM »
Nah, he's right.  He's saying he'd be judged a hundred times more harshly than any other new football manager and that's correct.

Right, because of the amount of people he has criticized. Anytime someone criticizes another ofcourse people expect higher standards, let alone when they're paid to do it. If you're going to talk from a lofty position, its weak to back out because people might then expect you to back up that conviction. If you've to much self doubt to perform then dont argue with the performers surely.

Online Anderson

• General Member
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #184 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 09:10:43 PM »
f*** off, Alves. :lol:

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 09:11:34 PM »
World record transfer fee for this lad. Worked out better than Owen and Luque as I recall.

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #186 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 09:12:15 PM »
Unfortunately for Alves, Shearer is 100% correct.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #187 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 09:15:06 PM »
Unfortunately for Alves, Shearer is 100% correct.

And for ronaldo.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #188 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 09:19:29 PM »
Bit weird really, a population of 200 million that will see them as a failure if they lose in the final, yet they care what a pundit in England is saying. I'm pretty sure people in Brazil are saying similar things about Fred.

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #189 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 09:53:30 PM »
He's right, like. Fred looks poor.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #190 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 10:17:13 PM »
Alves can lick my tip, the horrible little c***. Does he understand the purpose of pundits?

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #191 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 10:17:31 PM »
The same Fred who looked poor against Japan and Mexico in the Confed and then embarrassed defenders like Chiellini and Pique? It does my head in when pundits analyze players based on two games. He's been poor and everyone knows it, but he's not a poor striker.
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #192 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 10:19:44 PM »
Bit weird really, a population of 200 million that will see them as a failure if they lose in the final, yet they care what a pundit in England is saying. I'm pretty sure people in Brazil are saying similar things about Fred.

Maybe has to do with Shearer being one of the best players to grace the game? No one cares what pundits say unless they're a respected ex-player.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #193 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 10:37:50 PM »

Maybe has to do with Shearer being one of the best players to grace the game? No one cares what pundits say unless they're a respected ex-player.
Do ex Brazil players become pundits Flip?
If so who and are they respected as pundits?
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline themanupstairs

• General Member
  • nee blasties
« Reply #194 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 10:42:17 PM »
Who the f*** is Dani Alves to talk in any case? He's an overrated cheat who is all about the glam and the "look at me look at me im a hipster footballer" haircuts. He's a w***** who has been off his game for about 3 years now, and is lucky his national side pick players on reputation and not on form (as is the case with Fred).
Fear is the mindkiller

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #195 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 10:43:02 PM »

Leonardo used to be a pundit. Dunno what he's doing now.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #196 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 10:53:48 PM »

Leonardo used to be a pundit. Dunno what he's doing now.
He was for Aunty Beeb wasn't he?
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #197 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 01:26:03 AM »
Who the f*** is Dani Alves to talk in any case? He's an overrated cheat who is all about the glam and the "look at me look at me im a hipster footballer" haircuts. He's a w***** who has been off his game for about 3 years now, and is lucky his national side pick players on reputation and not on form (as is the case with Fred).

I agree with you're second part as I think Maicon and other deserved a spot ahead of him. But overrated cheat? Probably one of the best right backs to play this game in his peak. Was a big reason to why Barcelona was so good, and I doubt we'll see any rightbacks reaching 20+ assists in a season again. Fred isn't picked on reputation either, he's picked because he's a leader on the pitch and has been great for the national team until recently when he's been dealing with injuries. 35 games, 17 goals is better than most strikers in this World Cup (and he's mostly scored against the best sides as he's a big game player) Stop talking out of your ass.

We have some. Falcao is an excellent pundit, but also down to being an extremely intelligent player. Casagrande and Junior are decent as well, Ronaldo is trying to do his job but isn't as succesfull. Have some horrible ones. The problem in Brazil is that the ones that are realy horrible are the ones that have never touched a ball in their lifes. There's so many you want to rip their head apart the ex-players usually know something at least.
« Last Edit: Sunday 22 June 2014, 01:38:37 AM by Felipão »

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #198 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 02:52:36 AM »
Fred looks s*** even when he's doing well tbh. Id persist with him.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #199 on: Sunday 22 June 2014, 02:59:18 AM »
Shearer's right, Fred is s****.