Author Topic: The Darts  (Read 66840 times)

Online samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
Re: The Darts
« Reply #1975 on: Thursday 27 December 2018, 09:52:46 PM »
Cracking match this. Darts is great when a game flows like this one.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #1976 on: Thursday 27 December 2018, 10:15:03 PM »
This is gonna be a great match. :lol: Come on MvG!
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #1977 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 03:52:21 PM »
See the proper world darts has started. On quest in the afternoons and Eurosport.

Treble definitely looks narrower than the pdc boards.

Offline Andymc1

• General Member
« Reply #1978 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 11:56:43 AM »
See the proper world darts has started. On quest in the afternoons and Eurosport.

Incorrect. The Blade 4 was smaller than the HD2, but the Blade 5 actually has a larger treble segment than that of the HD2.

I can watch the BDO but it can be difficult to justify it being on TV at times, when some players are throwing similar averages (mid 80s) to lads I play with on a Friday night.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #1979 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 12:29:41 PM »

Incorrect. The Blade 4 was smaller than the HD2, but the Blade 5 actually has a larger treble segment than that of the HD2.

I can watch the BDO but it can be difficult to justify it being on TV at times, when some players are throwing similar averages (mid 80s) to lads I play with on a Friday night.

Over 2/3 legs on a Friday though isn't it? I've had a 100+ average plenty of times, but it's different doing it over 5/6/7 sets. :lol:

Plenty of mid 80 averages in the PDC this year. I'd imagine well into double figures.

Offline Andymc1

• General Member
« Reply #1980 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 01:49:32 PM »

Over 2/3 legs on a Friday though isn't it? I've had a 100+ average plenty of times, but it's different doing it over 5/6/7 sets. :lol:

Plenty of mid 80 averages in the PDC this year. I'd imagine well into double figures.

Best of 5 in the singles so can often be just the 3 legs :thup:

PDC increasing the field size isn't going to help the quality really, and something I don't think they should have brought in. The biggest problem going forward for the BDO is that they've changed the rules so that their players can try Q school and come back without sanction if unsuccessful. This is going to result in almost every single half decent player in the BDO system giving Q school a go.

That youth final was probably the best watch of the week so far ...

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #1981 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 07:53:16 PM »

Online Matt

• General Member
« Reply #1982 on: Saturday 12 January 2019, 12:15:06 AM »
Not watched the BDO in donkeys but both games tonight were very good.

Have to agree with the view that the PDC have let the standard of the worlds go a bit, expanding the tournament all in the name of shifting more tickets.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #1983 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 05:40:39 PM »
Glen Durrant has just won his first PDC ranking event at the fourth time of asking. Think you can safely say now he can cut it!!!

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1984 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 06:43:02 PM »
Glen Durrant has just won his first PDC ranking event at the fourth time of asking. Think you can safely say now he can cut it!!!

Did anyone really think he wouldn't be able to? Aside from the "lol BDO darts is so bad" casual crew. :lol:

Offline Andymc1

• General Member
« Reply #1985 on: Monday 18 February 2019, 03:18:29 PM »

Did anyone really think he wouldn't be able to? Aside from the "lol BDO darts is so bad" casual crew. :lol:

I think he will do reasonably well but winning PC4 is absolutely not proof that he can cut it. There's a whole host of PC winners over the years who've done reasonably OK but nothing special. Stephen Bunting had a similar bounce when he moved over but it wasn't sustainable against the level of competition in the PDC. Long way to go to see if Durrant can maintain his good start.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1986 on: Monday 18 February 2019, 05:07:09 PM »

I think he will do reasonably well but winning PC4 is absolutely not proof that he can cut it. There's a whole host of PC winners over the years who've done reasonably OK but nothing special. Stephen Bunting had a similar bounce when he moved over but it wasn't sustainable against the level of competition in the PDC. Long way to go to see if Durrant can maintain his good start.

Stephen Bunting is ranked 17th in the world with £200k+ in the order of merit. :lol:

Offline Andymc1

• General Member
« Reply #1987 on: Monday 18 February 2019, 06:45:47 PM »

Stephen Bunting is ranked 17th in the world with £200k+ in the order of merit. :lol:

Aye, that's why I liken him to Durrant in that I think he will do reasonably well. I firmly believe Durrant won't win a PDC Major, just as Bunting hasn't in his first 5 years.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1988 on: Monday 18 February 2019, 10:18:29 PM »
That really doesn't mean he can't keep up with PDC players though. How many people have actually won a major since the PDC was formed. 20? Probably around 10 in the last 10 years.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #1989 on: Tuesday 19 February 2019, 07:47:12 AM »

This is definitely me. :lol:

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1990 on: Tuesday 19 February 2019, 08:58:43 AM »

This is definitely me. :lol:

Not it's not. :lol: You know better.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1991 on: Sunday 3 March 2019, 08:06:09 PM »
What a game this is.

Online Matt

• General Member
« Reply #1992 on: Sunday 3 March 2019, 10:45:25 PM »
What a way to finish!

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1993 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 10:08:34 AM »
What a way to finish!

Aye. Worst final in a while though.

Online Matt

• General Member
« Reply #1994 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 02:20:22 PM »
Both players mentioned how knackered they were. Maybe it's a bit more draining to do the QF/SF/F on the same day at the larger venue, as opposed to when it was at the Reebok?

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1995 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 02:34:22 PM »
Both players mentioned how knackered they were. Maybe it's a bit more draining to do the QF/SF/F on the same day at the larger venue, as opposed to when it was at the Reebok?

Aye I don't agree with all 3 in the same day. They'll probably change it for next year.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #1996 on: Friday 8 March 2019, 10:53:03 AM »
The atmosphere for John Henderson’s draw against Van Gerwen looked class

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1997 on: Thursday 28 March 2019, 11:18:11 PM »
Barney retired. Good decision tbf.

Online Matt

• General Member
« Reply #1998 on: Friday 29 March 2019, 11:37:40 AM »
Barney retired. Good decision tbf.

Or maybe not. Sounds like he may be re-considering. I hope he sticks with his original decision, it's clearly taking a toll on him mentally and physically.

Online Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #1999 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 06:47:50 PM »
Ready for some Winter Gardens tungsten action anyone?
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent