Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 38191 times)

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
Re: Climate change
« Reply #700 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 07:45:03 AM »
Wonder how much pollution amazon puts out :lol:

or the amount of trees cut down for their stupid packaging...

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #701 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 07:45:31 AM »
Jeff Bezos has pledged $10 billion to fight climate change.

A tiny amount of his personal wealth.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #702 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 08:20:54 AM »

It's 8% of his entire net worth. That's significant.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #703 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 08:34:23 AM »
It's the same percentage as the average person is said to donate to charity.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #704 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 08:43:16 AM »

It's 8% of his entire net worth. That's significant.

No it's not, if he was serious then he could give 60% of his wealth and live the biggest life of luxury still with the 40% left.  Nevermind his net worth getting even larger....

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #705 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 08:51:53 AM »
*gives away $10bn*

'f***ing arsehole'

:lol:
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #706 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:00:09 AM »
*gives away $10bn*

'f***ing arsehole'

:lol:

Absolute madness isn't it? :lol:

Neesy you're basing this on what his net worth is. He built his fortune and doesn't owe anybody a damn thing. He's giving away TEN BILLION DOLLARS.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #707 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:02:03 AM »
*gives away $10bn*

'f***ing arsehole'

[emoji38]

Absolute madness isn't it? [emoji38]

Neesy you're basing this on what his net worth is. He built his fortune and doesn't owe anybody a damn thing. He's giving away TEN BILLION DOLLARS.

Yes he does, amazon can f***ing pay their taxes which would total more than $10bn in just a few years for starters.

Didn't realise you were Trump fan.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is.
« Reply #708 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:10:05 AM »
Yes he does, amazon can f***ing pay their taxes which would total more than $10bn in just a few years for starters.

This.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #709 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:11:39 AM »
Don't hate the player hate the game.

You're actually giving off about someone giving away $10b. :lol:

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #710 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:15:58 AM »
Yes because I think Bezos is a c***.  Out of all the mega billionaires out there, he's easily the biggest w***** of the lot due to his business practices.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #711 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:19:32 AM »
I've not a lot of time for rich people giving away their money whilst they give some of their workers lower than poverty wages. Can't be too negative cause he could easily not give it, but let's not pretend giving the same percentage of your money to charity as the average person deserves to get you any sort of special attention or praise.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #712 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:22:57 AM »
I've not a lot of time for rich people giving away their money whilst they give some of their workers lower than poverty wages. Can't be too negative cause he could easily not give it, but let's not pretend giving the same percentage of your money to charity as the average person deserves to get you any sort of special attention or praise.

I haven't given him any special attention or praise, my issue is people giving him grief for it. :lol:

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #713 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:26:04 AM »
10bn is pretty pitiful in the fight against climate change, especially when he's essentially bobbing in a tenner and letting it look like he cares whilst f***ing the planet and paying his workers nowt. f*** off Jeff.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #714 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:31:42 AM »

Nah, that would be 3%

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #715 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:33:10 AM »
You need to destroy the planet to generate the wealth, in order to donate it to save the planet.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #716 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:33:30 AM »

I haven't given him any special attention or praise, my issue is people giving him grief for it. :lol:

I don't know what grief was really given, looks more like you were looking to make these points, Neesy barely says f*** all before you on about it, but fair enough. Unless you think 8% of anything is significant, I have to side with Neesy on that, it's a fraction of his wealth, literally a fraction. Lower than a tenth. Tiny.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #717 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:33:33 AM »
10bn is pretty pitiful in the fight against climate change, especially when he's essentially bobbing in a tenner and letting it look like he cares whilst f***ing the planet and paying his workers nowt. f*** off Jeff.

Bobbing in a tener. :lol: So the average persons net worth is £120? :lol:

People being idiots like this is probably why some of the rich just say f*** it and give back f*** all. TEN BILLION DOLLARS is pitiful. f***ing hell Jim man. :lol:

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #718 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:33:52 AM »
How anyone can think Bezos isn't a c*** is beyond me.

Amazon are literally supporting other companies (such as BP) in their search for more fossil fuels. This is 10 billion is a token gesture. Yes it's a lot of money to me and you, but it's a drop in the ocean for someone like him.
Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #719 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:34:08 AM »

Nah, that would be 3%

Depends what you read I suppose, but had this argument months ago over Gates and found stuff saying it ranges from 4-8%.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #720 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:36:50 AM »

I don't know what grief was really given, looks more like you were looking to make these points, Neesy barely says f*** all before you on about it, but fair enough. Unless you think 8% of anything is significant, I have to side with Neesy on that, it's a fraction of his wealth, literally a fraction. Lower than a tenth. Tiny.

99/100 is a fraction. Saying a fraction does not make it small. 8% is not a tiny amount of personal wealth to give away ffs. Absolutely baffling mindset.

Neesy said it was tiny. I said it was significant. Not sure what point I tried to make other than stating a fact.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #721 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:38:12 AM »
How anyone can think Bezos isn't a c*** is beyond me.

Amazon are literally supporting other companies (such as BP) in their search for more fossil fuels. This is 10 billion is a token gesture. Yes it's a lot of money to me and you, but it's a drop in the ocean for someone like him.

A drop in the ocean that he could use to buy 100 yachts or 2,000 cars. But no he gives it towards climate change and is labelled a c***. :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #722 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:38:46 AM »
Wow, you got me there, not like people use the word fraction in any other context. :lol:

But whatever, no one was giving any real grief and you came in. Neesy made very fair points.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #723 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:41:08 AM »
Man invests his own money to a different area of his portfolio likely saving tax in the process as he knows there is the potential for serious power and money to be made in the future.

He's got some damn tasty boots.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #724 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 09:42:20 AM »
Wow, you got me there, not like people use the word fraction in any other context. :lol:

But whatever, no one was giving any real grief and you came in. Neesy made very fair points.

Can make as many points as he wants and everyone has an opinion on it clearly but someone is giving away $10b that they don't have to give. That's the fact.