Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 38429 times)

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
Re: Climate change
« Reply #650 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 12:03:20 AM »
I was going to post this in the Not Worthy of a Thread thread, but upon looking for it, I noticed this thread.

What I wanted to say was..... I no longer give a damn about the earth and will not be 'going out of my way' to be greener.

You okay? Not being sarcy.

He's the same miserable tosser that doesn't like Ben arfa.

Not to be trusted with air.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #651 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 12:25:52 AM »
Not to be trusted with air - blimey you are on a roll tonight Nees.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #652 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 12:35:57 AM »
:lol: Isnt he.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #653 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 01:15:46 AM »
Weird how the two most vocal posters who hate the planet also have a massive problem with women.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #654 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 01:25:17 AM »
Weird how the two most vocal posters who hate the planet also have a massive problem with women.
Who's the other  ?
I'm not round here as much as I was.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Online Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #655 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 10:18:40 AM »

Eh? And where's this from, then? :lol: @Disco

And btw, I don't hate the planet, I just think it's a fruitless exercise doing all of those green practices.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #656 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 10:22:21 AM »

Eh? And where's this from, then? :lol:

And btw, I don't hate the planet, I just think it's a fruitless exercise doing all of those green practices.

It's not though. If we all ate 1 burger less each year, Elton John can fly his private jet 100 times. That's a world tour. The joy spread from that alone is enough to offset the pain of extinction. At least they died having seen Elton John live.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #657 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 12:56:43 PM »

Eh? And where's this from, then? :lol: @Disco

Sounds more like you are justifying not wanting to make a few sacrifices for the benefit of future generations. That makes you a coward on top of neesy’s descriptions.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Online Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #658 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 01:40:21 PM »
What’s the point when it’s clear that life is not meant to go on forever? Why should I care about ‘extending’ it for few more hundred/thousands of years? Why should I care about such thing when a basic human right such as shelter is out of reach of so many? Mother Nature doesn’t owe us anything but nor do we - it’s not a conscious force! Our existence ‘just happened’ and you’re expecting me to go out of my way to preserve it? For people that don’t exist? Maybe the earth taking a beating is the thing we need to concentrate more of our efforts on to not f***ing overpopulate the world?! What if I don’t have a ‘love affair’ with life, you are expecting people to obey your expectations for the sake of your sperm? Do you know how it feels to not enjoy your existence? For some people it’s not even existence, it’s a struggle. But obviously the very thing that’s beating up the earth, has to be saved, right ? That a lot more important, right?

‘Saving’ the earth for the next generations, that will eventually see the end anyway, is the equivalent of the elites making a living out of your pension and in the process telling you what you need to do for them to benefit from it.

Why should I be a slave to what the ‘elites’ dictate to us? Why should I be salve to social ‘norms’? Why should I not question the ‘taken for granted knowledge’, as if one interpretation is the whole and one truth?

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #659 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 01:50:13 PM »
:facepalm:

Online Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #660 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 01:55:06 PM »
Just because your on the side of the ‘correct’ thing to do, it doesn’t mean that your more unselfish than the others. Give up the things that you are really into, then we’ll see how unselfish or caring of nature you really are.

Online newsted

• General Member
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, EU
« Reply #661 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 02:27:04 PM »
jesuschrist. u ok hun?
:) As you were.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #662 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 07:15:34 PM »
Yes the earth will be devoured by the sun when it goes red giant in 4 billion years. But just because that's its inevitable end is no justification for being such a callous douche. It's not even about saving humans. It's also about trying to help slow down a mass extinction that is largely by the hands of civilization. One person won't change the world, but it's pretty much the only viable starting point.

Expressing empathy and compassion for life other than my own - and not being a total nihilistic, selfish cock - seems like a decent thing to do, Tyler Durden. It may not matter at all, but even the symbolic act of raging at the dying light is imo much more dignified that laying down, and not only accepting, but contributing to a possible train wreck of a fate for future generations of most life out of pure self-absorption...like a little bitch.

Online Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #663 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 07:43:58 PM »
As I said, your way of looking at it is no better than an other approach - unless you're able to prove it? Accept that people see life differently than you. But I think that would be a very, very difficult thing for you to do, based on your embarrassing, needless name calling. I wonder if you do that sort of thing in front of people's faces? If not, are you sure you're trying your best to be green and that there are no things that you could give up, rather than simply claim yourself to be a 'friend' of the earth, but in reality your contribution might not be as good as you think?

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #664 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 08:06:31 PM »
:) I've interviewed people in al Qaeda, so yes, I would have no problem calling you that in your face. And saying you are acting like a little bitch is implicitly different than saying you are one. We are all little bitches at times. But beside that, you sound like a kid right out of college.

I could contribute a whole lot more than I am, but I am trying, like taking very short showers, and not supporting products that are decimating my local area. However, I am slowly getting to the point where I am consuming as little as I can. Not happy where I am at, especially with the air travel tbh. However, I am at least putting in a conscious effort, rather than simply justifying my own selfish unwillingness to sacrifice small things. And I have improved quite a bit in the last few years. In that, I do think it's better, because it is at least acknowledging that other life (beside my own) has a right to exist. there are differences in how people see things, but if they are grossly damaging to the biosphere as we know it, then I do not have to accept their bullshit. It borders on sociopathic.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #665 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 08:19:39 PM »
:) I've interviewed people in al Qaeda, so yes, I would have no problem calling you that in your face. And saying you are acting like a little bitch is implicitly different than saying you are one. We are all little bitches at times. But beside that, you sound like a kid right out of college.

I could contribute a whole lot more than I am, but I am trying, like taking very short showers, and not supporting products that are decimating my local area. However, I am slowly getting to the point where I am consuming as little as I can. Not happy where I am at, especially with the air travel tbh. However, I am at least putting in a conscious effort, rather than simply justifying my own selfish unwillingness to sacrifice small things. And I have improved quite a bit in the last few years. In that, I do think it's better, because it is at least acknowledging that other life (beside my own) has a right to exist. there are differences in how people see things, but if they are grossly damaging to the biosphere as we know it, then I do not have to accept their bullshit. It borders on sociopathic.

:thup:

My issue is air travel as well.  But I walk to work, recycle everything possible and not materialistic.  Reduced my meat intake in recent years.

Online Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #666 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 08:28:02 PM »

So when will you reduce or quit air traveling? Nearer to retirement age? Yeah, you'd only fool yourself if you tab your back for it.

BTW, you interviewed people in Al-Qaeda? I suppose it depends on the context! They don't look that hard to me, without their weapons. (I know, because I used to go to a mosque!)

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #667 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 08:48:26 PM »

So when will you reduce or quit air traveling? Nearer to retirement age? Yeah, you'd only fool yourself if you tab your back for it.

BTW, you interviewed people in Al-Qaeda? I suppose it depends on the context! They don't look that hard to me, without their weapons. (I know, because I used to go to a mosque!)

The point being that I am going to be afraid of some little nihilist, but not be afraid of people who would cut my head off to make a political point?

And what kind of idiotic comment is that? Just because you went to a mosque...because every mosque is full of al Qaeda?

I suppose I will reduce air travel even more when I am to the point that I don't have to go to places like Niger to tell their stories.

I'd happily tell you that you are acting like a nihilistic sociopath to your face.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #668 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 08:51:33 PM »

:thup:

My issue is air travel as well.  But I walk to work, recycle everything possible and not materialistic.  Reduced my meat intake in recent years.

Good for you, man. I quit meat a few years ago for a number of reasons. In California, amid the water crisis, cattle ranchers still had a free reign to waste water and act like total c***s. So that was enough for me, not to mention the assembly line cruelty practiced here.

Online Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #669 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:03:27 PM »

The point being that I am going to be afraid of some little nihilist, but not be afraid of people who would cut my head off to make a political point?

And what kind of idiotic comment is that? Just because you went to a mosque...because every mosque is full of al Qaeda?

I suppose I will reduce air travel even more when I am to the point that I don't have to go to places like Niger to tell their stories.

I'd happily tell you that you are acting like a nihilistic sociopath to your face.

Well done, tough guy. And I'm certainly not little (that's disco) or any of the other adjectives that you're childishly throwing about.

Not one person was smart enough to even ask me what I meant by saying 'not going out of my way to be greener', such was their intent and eagerness to jump on me and and embarrassingly start calling me names.

f***ing embarrassingly snowflakey. 

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #670 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:13:15 PM »
What is your point. then? The onus is on you to explain your position, not on us to glean it. And given your past posts, it's no wonder that people would assume you meant exactly what you said without having to dissect your manifesto.

Snowflakey :) You tried to act the hard man by implying something about saying it to your face.

You're certainly acting little in an emotional context. As for me, calling names and saying that you are acting a certain way are two different things. I don't know if you are such things in real life, but you are imo acting in such a way. So calling you a nihilistic sociopath is quite different from saying that you are acting like one. One suggests inherent nature, while the other points to behavior. I am not going into your inherent self, because I don't know you.

Look in the mirror before you accuse others of embarrassing behavior, because you are certainly not doing yourself any justice right now.

Online Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #671 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:33:28 PM »
If you say so, oh wise one.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #672 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:46:54 PM »
:) you come in with a troll-like comment and then complain when people lambaste you for it, instead of us kindly asking you to clarify. And we are embarrassing in your mind.

Online Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #673 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:48:12 PM »
:) you come in with a troll-like comment and then complain when people lambaste you for it, instead of us kindly asking you to clarify. And we are embarrassing in your mind.

Clearly I was attacked well before anyone did! :lol:

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #674 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:53:53 PM »
Woe is you. I wonder why you were attacked. You could have caused yourself less bother if you did try to explain yourself, instead of just being provocative. Any reasonable person would accept that such would be the response.
Sounds more like a definition of snowflakey than anything else I have read.