Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 38186 times)

Offline Parky

• General Member
Re: Global Warming.
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 10:41:09 AM »
Deal with it, it's the way of the world.

I am fine with global-warming denialist, or religious nuts who think god will sort everything out.

What I have problem with are those who acknolwedge global warming, yet try to dodge responsibility or blame others for it.

How exactly did WE f*** it up. Take your anger out on big boy Capitalism...Oh wait...

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 10:42:28 AM »
In 2007, China emitted 1.8 billion tonnes of carbon from fossil fuels, compared with 1.59 billion by the United States.

Russia was third, with 432 million tonnes, followed by India, with 430 million.

China's population is 4 times the US's. India's population is 8 times the Russia's.

This responsibility-shirking attitude of the first worlds are sickening.

Do you really think America can afford to change? Not even signed up to Kyoto are they?

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 12:39:25 PM »
How exactly did WE f*** it up. Take your anger out on big boy Capitalism...Oh wait...

I am not sure what your point is ?

Are you denying that climate change is man-made (How exactly did WE f*** it up. ) ?

Or are you saying we are powerless to revert this man-made climate change  (Take your anger out on big boy Capitalism...Oh wait...) ?
There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 12:43:31 PM »

I am not sure what your point is ?

Are you denying that climate change is man-made (How exactly did WE f*** it up. ) ?

Or are you saying we are powerless to revert this man-made climate change  (Take your anger out on big boy Capitalism...Oh wait...) ?

I'm saying if it is ocurring then the powers that be knew about it ages ago and did nothing and are now busy tranferring blame to the man in the street. Big companies f***ed it up...Take it up with them, tax them. It's not man made its industrial capitalism made as is America and now China. Let them pay for changes in the way we live. But aren't are they? Not even signed up to Kyoto....Charging £4 for a lightbulb isn't going to do jack s***.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 12:44:52 PM »
BTW solar panels cause some of the most toxic pollutants known to man, to the extent there are parts of China that are no go areas for people.

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 12:47:11 PM »
Do you really think America can afford to change? Not even signed up to Kyoto are they?

Even if the US government do not sign up to the Kyoto - individuals can still make voluneteery, conscious choice of living a more environmentally-friendly life.

The single easiest and most effective step one can easily take is to cut down meat/animal product consumption, or adopt vegetarianism, or even better still, adopt veganism.

You don't need the government's permission, or Kyoto's treaty to adopt vegetarianism.

And the US didn't sign up for Kyoto, so what ? The US & UK governments waged wars in the Iraq and Afghanistan, doesn't mean that as individuals US & UK citizens cannot object to these wars and pressure the government to retreat. (Just as example, not saying whether I am for or against these wars).

Why sound so defeatist ? Why surrender your fate to the government (domestic or foreign) ? If you want to be such a defeatist then why moan constantly about the labour goverment on here ?
There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 12:55:51 PM »
I'm saying if it is ocurring then the powers that be knew about it ages ago and did nothing and are now busy tranferring blame to the man in the street. Big companies f***ed it up...Take it up with them, tax them. It's not man made its industrial capitalism made as is America and now China. Let them pay for changes in the way we live. But aren't are they? Not even signed up to Kyoto....Charging £4 for a lightbulb isn't going to do jack s***.

If you identify industrial capitalism as the cause of man made climate change, how is industrial capitalism not man-made ?

Absent the demand where is the supply ??

America or China are not signing up to Kyoto because their governemnts are spineless responsbility-dodging gits like you. America saying China contributing more to global warming. China saying America polluted the world. You say if they are not shouldering responsbility why should you.

Too many Parkys running the governments. That's why.

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 12:57:42 PM »
BTW solar panels cause some of the most toxic pollutants known to man, to the extent there are parts of China that are no go areas for people.

I am not familiar with the process of solar panels manufacturing / fabrication. So I can't comment.

And anyway solar panel isn't the only path that leads to more sustainable living.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 01:29:14 PM »
the thing is that coal, oil and gas will eventually run out in the next 100 years, so we will be forced to go to renewables

so may as well do it now, since most of our oil etc come's from iran, russia etc

ProudToBeAGeordie

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 01:30:43 PM »
the thing is that coal, oil and gas will eventually run out in the next 100 years, so we will be forced to go to renewables

so may as well do it now, since most of our oil etc come's from iran, russia etc

I'll be dead in 100 years time.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #85 on: Thursday 17 December 2009, 01:58:26 PM »

I am not familiar with the process of solar panels manufacturing / fabrication. So I can't comment.

And anyway solar panel isn't the only path that leads to more sustainable living.

Sustainable living...? You joke surely?

Oil production peaked in the late 70's.

Oil reserves are now classifyied.

Perhaps if the global warming scam is some kind of behaviour mod, then it is worth it.

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #86 on: Thursday 17 December 2009, 08:05:46 PM »
Should make it law that all new houses have solar panels and wind turbines, and et rid of the stupid planning s*** you have to go through to put your own turbine up.

This Labour Govt has passed more legislation than any Govt in history. You want more?

Call me stupid but ist that the job of the govt ?

Humans are impacting the climate, how it will react and change is hard to predict, as some places may get colder due to changing air currents etc. People should go and read the last IPCC before they start commenting on what should be done.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #87 on: Thursday 17 December 2009, 08:11:17 PM »
Should make it law that all new houses have solar panels and wind turbines, and et rid of the stupid planning s*** you have to go through to put your own turbine up.

This Labour Govt has passed more legislation than any Govt in history. You want more?

Call me stupid but ist that the job of the govt ?

Humans are impacting the climate, how it will react and change is hard to predict, as some places may get colder due to changing air currents etc. People should go and read the last IPCC before they start commenting on what should be done.

The completely f***ed up money markets and the fast running out oil will do for us long before any climate change malarkey.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #88 on: Thursday 17 December 2009, 09:02:10 PM »

The completely f***ed up money markets and the fast running out oil will do for us long before any climate change malarkey.

All part of the plan though isn't it Parky, didn't the wealthy elite start discussing that very eventuality early in the 50's. As long as the people with money survive. Silly short-sighted f***ers if you ask me but what do I know, I was never invited to any meeting at the Bilderberg gatherings.

edit: Quite fascinating timeline of the Rothschilds here. http://www.iamthewitness.com/DarylBradfordSmith_Rothschild.htm
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #89 on: Thursday 17 December 2009, 09:56:46 PM »
I don't get why government and big-business are so against this, surely there's a s***-load of money to be made from "saving the planet" and who'd make all that money? Them, that's who.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 17 December 2009, 09:59:31 PM »
I don't get why government and big-business are so against this, surely there's a s***-load of money to be made from "saving the planet" and who'd make all that money? Them, that's who.

They would have to make a loss to kick start it off and we all know that govs and business scoff at ideas like that.

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #91 on: Friday 18 December 2009, 01:10:48 AM »

Perhaps if the global warming scam is some kind of behaviour mod, then it is worth it.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I am not sure how the points you raise are in contradiction of mine.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #92 on: Friday 18 December 2009, 07:43:22 AM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I am not sure how the points you raise are in contradiction of mine.

There won't be any sustainable living.

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #93 on: Friday 18 December 2009, 02:53:38 PM »

Why ?

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #94 on: Friday 18 December 2009, 02:58:02 PM »
Someone needs to tell China to build more smoke stacks, am bloody freezing here.

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #95 on: Friday 18 December 2009, 03:10:24 PM »
If you have fitted a household wind turbine on your roof - you could have enjoyed guiltfree heating now.

optimistic nit

« Reply #96 on: Friday 18 December 2009, 03:35:10 PM »

Oh...Sorry it's called climate change now, cause it's actually not really getting any hotter at all.

Tell that to the Polar Bears. Climate change is irrefutable, not necessarily something new though - just new to us.

That's right cause it's been much hotter before hasn't it?

No, it was much colder actually. :lol:

Go away and do some research.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/lonniepnas.htm

f*** off, that's from a university. They're part of conspiracy, idiot. If you want the truth you need to listen to Alex Jones and David Icke.

Manipulation of evidence:

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate."

Quotes out of context, from one institute, from reports that don't alter in any way the VAST body of evidence for man-made climate change.

Years of research vs. pulling stuff from your arse and putting it on youtube. I know which I prefer to follow.

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2009/12/07/the-real-climate-scandal/

What percentage atmospheric of Co2 is man made?

about 100 ppm (we're at 380 ppm compared to 280 ppm which is what it should be iirc.)

Our impact is a fraction of the Co2 coming off the sea and coming out of cows and rotting vegetation?

the oceans don't give off co2, they take it in. our impact on co2 would be a lot worse without it.

its all about balance, while natural processes impact co2 as well the co2 that has been locked underground for millions of years is being re-introduced into the atmosphere. that could be very bad for us if climate experts predictions turn out to be correct, while nature gives off lots and lots of co2 it also has various mechanisms (essentially forests and oceans and maybe more i dont know but those are the big 2) that sequestre it. thats why deforestation is another big problem along with co2 production.

cows also give of methane not co2, which is a far more important greenhouse gas (the world would be saved if we were all veggie etc...)

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #97 on: Friday 18 December 2009, 03:38:14 PM »
after coming in from christmas shopping and being completely frozen the whole time all I will say is bring on global warming

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #98 on: Friday 18 December 2009, 05:26:30 PM »

Why ?

Because we're running out of oil/ oil price peaks. Impact on less obvious things like fertilizer, most of it made from oil derivitives.

optimistic nit

« Reply #99 on: Friday 18 December 2009, 06:53:07 PM »
wouldn't that be a reason to change to sustainable living though? wont happen like, but still :razz: