Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 34312 times)

Offline cp40

• General Member
Re: Global Warming.
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 03:07:48 PM »
Hasnt global warming been proven to be a misleading conspiracy?

I choose to believe this so i dont have to give a s***.

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 03:16:23 PM »
TV Sat systems? Never unplugged the telly at the wall, thought it didn't do anything.

Quite good with most little stuff like that though, phone charger never stays on, no spare lights on, barely use the heating (in a block of flats, every f***er else does so it's boiling anyway) even things like not taking plastic bags and re-using the same water bottle for months on end. Feels a bit futile sometimes but it's dead easy to do, the more people that put a bit of effort in the better I guess.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Stephen927

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 03:45:37 PM »
I fall asleep with the TV on an hours sleep.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 08:56:15 PM »
China builds one new coal fired station a day. Don't think not switching your telly off will make much differance.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 08:57:26 PM »
China builds one new coal fired station a day. Don't think not switching your telly off will make much differance.
one a day ?.........from start to finish ? thats some going you know.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
one a day ?.........from start to finish ? thats some going you know.

theres loads of them you know.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 08:59:18 PM »
Sorry, a month. ha ha...

Offline LucaAltieri

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 09:02:26 PM »

You actually don't have to give a s***. You just need to elect officials that do so they can sort out stuff like this:

Parky has finally managed to hit upon a kernel of truth among his slagheap of (already debunked) bullshit.

Trying to get people to choose to be "green" is a pointless endeavour for many reasons. It needs to be legislated with the toughest new rules applying to industry.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 09:08:30 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/richardblack/2009/12/cop15_questions_about_sex.html
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 09:10:51 PM »
you know that deep in the forests of laos where man has yet to step , there will be a large thermostat that controls the temperature for the planet and a few years back some large laosian primate turned it up when he had a bit of a cold.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 09:28:01 PM »
In 2007, China emitted 1.8 billion tonnes of carbon from fossil fuels, compared with 1.59 billion by the United States.

Russia was third, with 432 million tonnes, followed by India, with 430 million.

optimistic nit

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 09:48:40 PM »
no its not. interestingly though going by the earths (comparatively) recent climate cycle we should be on the brink of the next ice age.

optimistic nit

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 09:50:33 PM »

Oh...Sorry it's called climate change now, cause it's actually not really getting any hotter at all.

Tell that to the Polar Bears. Climate change is irrefutable, not necessarily something new though - just new to us.

That's right cause it's been much hotter before hasn't it?

No, it was much colder actually. :lol:

Go away and do some research.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/lonniepnas.htm

f*** off, that's from a university. They're part of conspiracy, idiot. If you want the truth you need to listen to Alex Jones and David Icke.

Manipulation of evidence:

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate."

Quotes out of context, from one institute, from reports that don't alter in any way the VAST body of evidence for man-made climate change.

Years of research vs. pulling stuff from your arse and putting it on youtube. I know which I prefer to follow.

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2009/12/07/the-real-climate-scandal/

What percentage atmospheric of Co2 is man made?

about 100 ppm (we're at 380 ppm compared to 280 ppm which is what it should be iirc.)

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 10:50:47 PM »

Oh...Sorry it's called climate change now, cause it's actually not really getting any hotter at all.

Tell that to the Polar Bears. Climate change is irrefutable, not necessarily something new though - just new to us.

That's right cause it's been much hotter before hasn't it?

No, it was much colder actually. :lol:

Go away and do some research.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/lonniepnas.htm

f*** off, that's from a university. They're part of conspiracy, idiot. If you want the truth you need to listen to Alex Jones and David Icke.

Manipulation of evidence:

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate."

Quotes out of context, from one institute, from reports that don't alter in any way the VAST body of evidence for man-made climate change.

Years of research vs. pulling stuff from your arse and putting it on youtube. I know which I prefer to follow.

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2009/12/07/the-real-climate-scandal/

What percentage atmospheric of Co2 is man made?

about 100 ppm (we're at 380 ppm compared to 280 ppm which is what it should be iirc.)

Our impact is a fraction of the Co2 coming off the sea and coming out of cows and rotting vegetation?

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 11:05:18 PM »

David Cameron sees the idea for a 'localist green revolution' as an answer to his fear that what he describes as the current top- down climate change agenda is 'in danger of starting to lose people'. Photograph: David Levene

David Cameron has pledged that a Conservative government would from "day one" kickstart £20bn of investment to make millions of homes more energy-efficient in a groundbreaking green partnership with Tesco and Marks & Spencer.

In a Guardian interview to coincide with the critical stage of the Copenhagen summit, the Tory leader reveals the plan to let householders share in the savings made on their power bills with the high street names who provide them with lagging and insulation.

He says he has already signed up a group of local councils and the mayor of London, Boris Johnson, for the scheme which would tackle more than 30% of UK carbon emissions by offering six million households the chance to get £6,500 worth of energy-efficiency measures.

Cameron sees the idea for a "localist green revolution" as an answer to his fear that what he describes as the current top- down climate change agenda is "in danger of starting to lose people".

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 15 December 2009, 11:48:41 PM »
Should make it law that all new houses have solar panels and wind turbines, and et rid of the stupid planning s*** you have to go through to put your own turbine up.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 12:04:29 AM »
Should make it law that all new houses have solar panels and wind turbines, and et rid of the stupid planning s*** you have to go through to put your own turbine up.

This Labour Govt has passed more legislation than any Govt in history. You want more?

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 02:06:14 AM »
In 2007, China emitted 1.8 billion tonnes of carbon from fossil fuels, compared with 1.59 billion by the United States.

Russia was third, with 432 million tonnes, followed by India, with 430 million.

China's population is 4 times the US's. India's population is 8 times the Russia's.

This responsibility-shirking attitude of the first worlds are sickening.
There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 02:09:19 AM »
Our impact is a fraction of the Co2 coming off the sea and coming out of cows and rotting vegetation?

It's like saying fossil fuel's impact is not part of our impact.

Cows' carbon footprints are part of human impact.

We do not need to eat cows to survive.

Going vegetarian is the best option any individual can immediately adopt to reduce carbon footprint.
There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 02:10:50 AM »
It is very disheartening that some posters here choose to be so self-centered and selfish by trying to dodge his responsibility to reduce carbon footprint.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 02:13:54 AM »
It is very disheartening that some posters here choose to be so self-centered and selfish by trying to dodge his responsibility to reduce carbon footprint.

Deal with it, it's the way of the world.
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 02:26:03 AM »

I go out with a vegetarian and do nothing to discourage it, therefore I'm 50% moral and pure.  Plus I've got hamsters.  I'm getting on towards about 65% moral and pure here all things considered Delima.  Even though I'm a meat-eater.  Sometimes I don't think you consider all the elements.

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 03:26:37 AM »
Deal with it, it's the way of the world.

I am fine with global-warming denialist, or religious nuts who think god will sort everything out.

What I have problem with are those who acknolwedge global warming, yet try to dodge responsibility or blame others for it.

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 03:35:54 AM »
I go out with a vegetarian and do nothing to discourage it, therefore I'm 50% moral and pure.  Plus I've got hamsters.  I'm getting on towards about 65% moral and pure here all things considered Delima.  Even though I'm a meat-eater.  Sometimes I don't think you consider all the elements.

Feel free to take the p*ss out of me. I appreciate that I must appear a total nutter on here, and most likely I am being counter-productive in "promoting" my own cause due to the argumentative nature of mine.

On a more serious note I thank you for not discouraging vegetarianism. We all can do our parts to help this earth - every one needs to live and but we all can try to live a more sustainable and ethical life (be it vegetarianism, taking public transport, using green energy etc). Can we not just extend a little bit more compassion towards the environement, the animals and our fellow humans ?

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 16 December 2009, 10:40:08 AM »

I won't be happy till we concrete this planet the f*** over.