Author Topic: Your football pet hates  (Read 397254 times)

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: Your football pet hates
« Reply #6900 on: Saturday 3 November 2018, 11:02:16 PM »
Booking players for taking their shirts off. Absolutely ridiculous.

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #6901 on: Saturday 3 November 2018, 11:04:05 PM »
Booking players for taking their shirts off. Absolutely ridiculous.
Especially when it's celebrating someone's life.

Offline geordie john

• General Member
  • My Pops holding 'it' in 1955!
« Reply #6902 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 01:52:28 PM »
Agree 100%. What got into the referees mind to book him? Unhuman!
Cut me and I bleed black and white

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6903 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 02:23:33 PM »
Premier League/FA could have helped the bloke before the game like telling him to be a bit more sensitive to any goal celebration tributes. It was always going to happen.
?s=21

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #6904 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 02:40:15 PM »

Refs are under pressure from their assessors to implement the rules regardless of emotions attached to a certain celebration - I have no qualms about the ref issuing the card at that time, all he is doing is following orders (which he is under pressure to do) - the FA should IMO just rescind the card now after the event

FWIW Claude Puel said he accepted the card as Leicester City approached the game professionally and he expected everyone else (i.e. the refs) to do the same

Online Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #6905 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 02:43:41 PM »

Refs are under pressure from their assessors to implement the rules regardless of emotions attached to a certain celebration - I have no qualms about the ref issuing the card at that time, all he is doing is following orders (which he is under pressure to do) - the FA should IMO just rescind the card now after the event

FWIW Claude Puel said he accepted the card as Leicester City approached the game professionally and he expected everyone else (i.e. the refs) to do the same

Agreed - it's a yellow card offence.  The referee shouldn't have make decisions on what events are or aren't worthy of being commemorated by taking your shirt off.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #6906 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 09:43:02 PM »
I have to say I thought the shirt yellow was introduced because some cultures don't dig on seeing exposed flesh? Which makes booking someone for taking their shirt off, when they're wearing an undershirt, especially absurd.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Disco

« Reply #6907 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 09:47:34 PM »
I have to say I thought the shirt yellow was introduced because some cultures don't dig on seeing exposed flesh? Which makes booking someone for taking their shirt off, when they're wearing an undershirt, especially absurd.

Changed not long after Forlan couldn’t get his top back for an age after scoring for Man Utd. Inbuilt undershirt days of yore.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #6908 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 09:55:21 PM »

Agreed - it's a yellow card offence.  The referee shouldn't have make decisions on what events are or aren't worthy of being commemorated by taking your shirt off.

Agree with both your comments and have great respect for Puel's considered response. It's a shame that this should have been a tlaking point at all, and it wouldn't be if it wasn't for the unnecessary, totally unrelated to the game in any way, rule being in place.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #6909 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 09:56:25 PM »

Changed not long after Forlan couldn’t get his top back for an age after scoring for Man Utd. Inbuilt undershirt days of yore.

:thup:
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #6910 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 10:03:46 PM »
Bullshit. It's to prevent players from benefitting from individual sponsorship that might not be in line with official sponsorship.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #6911 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 02:23:54 AM »
Football as a whole, sadly.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

firetotheworks

« Reply #6912 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 09:59:09 PM »
When Pat Nevin and/or David Preece are on The Totally Football Show.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #6913 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 10:00:37 PM »
David Preece is horrendous and ruins it for me.

firetotheworks

« Reply #6914 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 10:06:39 PM »
I don't really get what he brings to the table most of the time.

Online Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #6915 on: Tuesday 13 November 2018, 02:10:39 PM »
Players getting admonished for showboating.  So f***ing pathetic the way people react as if it's a great insult if a player shows off.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #6916 on: Tuesday 13 November 2018, 02:29:53 PM »
Lee Dixon. Worst commentator ever imo. Stunned at how miserable one man can be - always has some useless, negative assessment or anecdote. Boring bloke, like.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6917 on: Tuesday 13 November 2018, 02:41:31 PM »

Offline pungen

• General Member
« Reply #6918 on: Tuesday 13 November 2018, 02:50:13 PM »
Players talking in the media in pre season about how they've not taken any vacation and instead worked extra to come back stronger next season. This season it was Murphy and Atsu, and both have been atrocious this season. The years before it has always been Rolando Aarons.

Just gives you false hope that the player's are not gonna be completely useless the season to come, which has never been the case.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6919 on: Wednesday 14 November 2018, 10:49:34 AM »
FanTV videos. Just all of them. f*** off.
?s=21

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6920 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 09:15:36 AM »
Chants that don’t rhyme with the original song. ‘Harry Kewell’ and ‘Timmy Krul’ to Daddy Cool, brilliant...not so much Alan Smith.

‘Philippe Albert’ and ‘Laurent Robert’ to Rupert the Bear, yes...Yohan Cabaye , non.

?s=21

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #6921 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 09:24:24 AM »
FanTV videos. Just all of them. f*** off.

This, vlogs etc ....just f*** off with them, watch the f***ing match in peace.
Ashley has killed my club

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #6922 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 09:25:29 AM »
The Adam Johnson song.

It’s outdated and f***ing pathetic, stop it, but we won’t.

That song will be sung forever ffs  :whatdidido:

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #6923 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 09:30:14 AM »
People getting precious about offensive songs *

*Racism, Homophobic or singing about the dead is too far.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #6924 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 09:35:00 AM »
People getting precious about offensive songs *

*Racism, Homophobic or singing about the dead is too far.

The song is about going down.....he gets out soon ffs, that’s my point and whatever you think I’m not alone in thinking it’s psthetic to keep singing it.If you think it’s canny crack on.