Author Topic: Your football pet hates  (Read 394233 times)

Chubby Jason

Re: Your football pet hates
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 01:00:06 pm »
Rugby players seem to be able to hold their tongue so it can't be anything to do with passion.
Exactly, they know if they do, they'll be done for it. The refs talk to them like men and they stand and listen, then get on with the game. Footballers are so spoilt and pampered on and off the pitch it really is quite pathetic. What was the point in this "Respect" campaign by the way? (is it still going?) Why won't the FA just say, swearing directly at a referee will get you sent off, then players will stop doing it. Simple really isn't it?

It won't happen anyway since we have grotesque bullies like Andy Gray speaking for the nation in with his heavily-cracked fat head beamed to all in HD, who will tell you "it's part of the game". No it isn't, no other mainstream sport allows it so why does the biggest one of all?

Offline Gash?

• General Member
  • If I'm dead, you've been dead for weeks.
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 01:00:07 pm »
OTT Bias, everybody has a little bit of it, but stupid unjustifiable bias  :facepalm:

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 01:15:43 pm »
Defenders 'seeing the ball out'. Yeah, if you are by the goal line then fine, but don't start dancing around the ball 20 yards back stopping your opponent having a fair crack at the ball. It's obstruction and should be punished every time. You couldn't do it any other time but if your 'seeing it out' it's fine. On that note I also hate when referees don't give decisions in/around the box when it would blatantly be a free-kick if it was on the half way line. If it's a foul, it's a foul no matter where it takes place.

I agree.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 01:29:08 pm »
Commentators complaining when penalties are given for handball, where the handball wasn't deliberate, how many penalty awards are actually deliberate hand-ball? Very few, only really happens when someone stops a shot going in.
Consider winning

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 01:32:52 pm »
When a striker slides in on a keeper studs showing, misses the ball and clatters the keeper, I hate it when a commentator says, "he had every right to go for it" or whatever. Of course he did, but if he misses it, he should be booked/sent-off as he would if it was in central-midfield.

Similarly, a keeper being allowed to come for the ball from a cross with a knee in the air pretty much head height, and not being classed as dangerous play.
?s=21

palnese

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 01:33:08 pm »
Mike Ashley
Liverpool
Man United fans
Ryan Giggs
Phil Brown
"Stevie G" - just the name
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Offline Gash?

• General Member
  • If I'm dead, you've been dead for weeks.
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:03:26 pm »
Mike Ashley
Liverpool
Man United fans
Ryan Giggs
Phil Brown
"Stevie G" - just the name
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Add the Nevilles and you are spot on.

Offline Ocho

• General Member
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:13:25 pm »
Andrei Arshavin's celebration - makes me wanna kick the tv in.

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
  • Dope fresh outta Africa that never been stepped on
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:20:18 pm »
I hate during international tournaments when they pan the crowd, no matter what the situation, people will see they are on camera and mug for the televison. Every tournament when a team is about to get knocked out, they scan the fans and people go from crying to jumping around and smiling when the camera hits them.

As a player, I hate strikers who get away with cheap kicks and shirt pulls against us defenders. If a defender was to do the same things, if we undoubtedly be a freekick.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:20:51 pm »

Agree with that. Ridiculous.

I hate refs 'evening up'. It's just bad reff'ing, isn't it? I.e. a ref'll bottle a decision like a FK that should've been given but the ball goes out for an oppo throw-in. He'll then blow-up as soon as the ball's been thrown for some non-existant foul, simply to cover his arse.

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • And now his guard is ended
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:23:17 pm »
You must hate the Women's Premier League.  I always laugh when I see it on SSN and some teams have played 11 games and other only 3.  :lol:  But I guess they can't play in the rain?

Edit- Here we go:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/women/table/default.stm

:mackems:

"Milwall Lionesses"  :lol:

Share a lot of the ones mentioned, I'll add "defenders raising their arm every time the other team attempts a through ball". Just do your job and run back, tosser.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:29:07 pm »
I'll add "defenders raising their arm every time the other team attempts a through ball". Just do your job and run back, tosser.
Andy O'Brien.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:31:02 pm »
I'll add "defenders raising their arm every time the other team attempts a through ball". Just do your job and run back, tosser.
Andy O'Brien.
My favorite is Paul Robinson at Blackburn. He was appealing with his hand up in the air as the ball slowly rolled past him into the goal. :lol:

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:38:52 pm »
going on Interpolic's 'glove' thread in chat, I'll add footballers who wear gloves, and even more, footballers who wear short sleeved shirts and gloves.  So you'll be warmed up enough not to keep your arms warm, but your hands might get too cold?

Emre, you little scamp, I'm looking at you.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:42:24 pm »
Pundits who use the same tired old lines about newcastle fans "they would rather lose 4-3 then win 1-0"

Really?

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:44:26 pm »
going on Interpolic's 'glove' thread in chat, I'll add footballers who wear gloves, and even more, footballers who wear short sleeved shirts and gloves.  So you'll be warmed up enough not to keep your arms warm, but your hands might get too cold?

Emre, you little scamp, I'm looking at you.
It's more comfortable!

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:48:28 pm »

Tis a bit rubbish.

Offline Lucifer

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 02:55:45 pm »
When a player on the winning team gets subbed off and walks as slow as can possibly be walked.

Offline NJS

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:05:16 pm »
The modern habit of squealing like a lass in order to convince the ref that a challenge was bad.

Refs should have the power to allow the cheated player to kick the cheat as hard as they like - a true "free kick".

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:10:40 pm »
Away goal rule.

International weekends and people who are only interested in international football.

Timewasting, including trying to keep the ball by the corner flag. Love it when the ref (probably wrongly) blows a free kick to the other team when this happens.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:15:43 pm »
Steven Gerrards two footed "tackles" and how he never gets sent off.

Spineless refs.

Fergie

Boring games like Bolton v Blackburn and how sky try to jizz it up.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:24:11 pm »
People like my dad and Mark Bright who complain about footballers making mistakes. 'What he should have done there is...' -- well, no s***, you f***ing idiot. Doubly so when it's the likes of Bright or Jim Beglin complaining about, say, Ryan Giggs' delivery. As if they could teach him f***ing anything, ffs.

See also: my dad complaining EVERY TIME a player is offside. 'That should never happen!'

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
  • (Grant) Geordie in Chicago
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:25:53 pm »
Arsenal fans who started supporting ~98/99/00 (and aren't from the area) who claim they aren't glory hunters because they've had it so hard the last few years.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:26:25 pm »
The excitement over beckham.

Chubby Jason

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:28:04 pm »
Steven Ireland.