Author Topic: Your football pet hates  (Read 397214 times)

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
Your football pet hates
« on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:32:57 AM »
Games in hand. I hate seeing the league table when teams have played less than other teams.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Frazzle

• General Member
Re: Your football pet hates
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:35:32 AM »
You must hate the Women's Premier League.  I always laugh when I see it on SSN and some teams have played 11 games and other only 3.  :lol:  But I guess they can't play in the rain?

Edit- Here we go:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/women/table/default.stm

:mackems:

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:41:47 AM »
I just went and got it too, its unbelievable :lol:

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:48:17 AM »
Time wasting and when commentators claim that time wasting is "part of the game" and "you can't blame them for it".  It's cheating.  I've no issue with players taking the ball to the corner flag as it is within the laws of the game, but taking forever to take a throw-in or free kick is blatant cheating.  Also each late substitution is supposed to add another 30 seconds to the time played, but this never ends up being the case.  Paul Jewel's teams were the kings of this rubbish.

Offline nobby_solano

• General Member
  • #4 - always!
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:48:46 AM »
the away goals rule

inconsistent refereeing

teams that play in red and white stripes

penalty shoot outs involving england/nufc

the 'deluded geordie' stereotype

lemon curry?!

Offline matta

• General Member
  • Walk hard
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:49:49 AM »
players grabbing the ball when the go down

Stephen927

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
The imaginary card.

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:52:09 AM »
Not mine but my Dad always goes mental when a player is standing to take a throw in then decides to give it to someone else, makes me laugh anyway :lol:

GAMMELL

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:52:17 AM »
Transfer windows and the epic wankfest surrounding it thanks to SSN
Andy Grey
Jon Champion
Scouse k*nts
Grand slam sunday  :lol:
glory hunting bastart supoorters
deckyno 9 O0

Roger Kint

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:03:56 AM »
Pretty much everything in the first 7 posts are huge pet hates for me. Ashley17 your dad isnt alone, it really f***ing grates on me when Guthrie(every bloody time) does it.

ITV Champions League games where its just a Man Utd wankathon and the whole media obsession with Liverpool and Benitez get on my tits too.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:06:31 AM »
Goalkeepers not being sent-off for handball when denying a goal from a backpass.
?s=21

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:14:45 AM »
Short corners. Invariably, especially at our level, they pass it short and then that guy just crosses it anyway - only he's getting closed down and doesn't get enough accuracy on it. f***ing pointless.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:19:36 AM »
Defenders 'seeing the ball out'. Yeah, if you are by the goal line then fine, but don't start dancing around the ball 20 yards back stopping your opponent having a fair crack at the ball. It's obstruction and should be punished every time. You couldn't do it any other time but if your 'seeing it out' it's fine. On that note I also hate when referees don't give decisions in/around the box when it would blatantly be a free-kick if it was on the half way line. If it's a foul, it's a foul no matter where it takes place.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:20:30 AM »
The typical Manu supporter.

Offline Frazzle

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:21:37 AM »
Pretty much everything in the first 7 posts are huge pet hates for me. Ashley17 your dad isnt alone, it really f***ing grates on me when Guthrie(every bloody time) does it.

ITV Champions League games where its just a Man Utd wankathon and the whole media obsession with Liverpool and Benitez get on my tits too.

I hate the English bias as well.  Before the CL final the media were constantly talking up Man U saying Barcelona had no chance and we obviously know what happened...

Then afterwards the excuses came out and everyone was saying 'well what if Man U had scored in the first ten minutes they dominated?' as if they'd be saying that if it was the other way around.  :lol:

Offline Ash

• General Member
  • 27/08/16 - Immortality
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:21:37 AM »
Nicky Butt.
Quote from: Hatem Ben Arfa
I have already played in Milan, Madrid and Barcelona but it is here that I feel right on the pitch. And also it is here that the players are respected.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:23:44 AM »
deckyno 9 O0

I was genuinely shocked to see that in there :lol:

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:39:21 AM »
Fans of top 4 clubs having more right to an opinion than fans of all the others.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:43:47 AM »
Player laying off a free kick, giving the oppo time to close the ball down, always pisses me off it hardly makes any difference as well
AS9

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:43:49 AM »
MOTD commentry

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 12:28:05 PM »
Spurs

Chubby Jason

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 12:44:22 PM »
Redknapp, Phil Brown, Mark Hughes, Fat Sam, Robbie Keane, Carragher, Fergie, Christiano Ronaldo. Also the way players are allowed to tell referees to "f*** off" and it's just accepted and laughed off. No wonder the standard of refereeing is so low topday. The pool of potential ref's to choose from must be limited, who on earth would want to go into a career when you get a bunch of arseholes with a mental age of 7 (being generous) swearing in your face and telling you you're "s***"? Then you get to watch them do it again on a Satuday night on MotD with your wife and kids.

Shameful.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 12:50:53 PM »
Redknapp, Phil Brown, Mark Hughes, Fat Sam, Robbie Keane, Carragher, Fergie, Christiano Ronaldo. Also the way players are allowed to tell referees to "f*** off" and it's just accepted and laughed off. No wonder the standard of refereeing is so low topday. The pool of potential ref's to choose from must be limited, who on earth would want to go into a career when you get a bunch of arseholes with a mental age of 7 (being generous) swearing in your face and telling you you're "s***"? Then you get to watch them do it again on a Satuday night on MotD with your wife and kids.

Shameful.

To be fair, sometimes when I'm playing you can't help but get angry sometimes and just say something you don't necessarily mean but just comes out. I don't say 'f*** off' or 'your s***', just off the top of my head stuff like "are you f***ing kidding?"
AS9

Offline Frazzle

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 12:53:18 PM »
Rugby players seem to be able to hold their tongue so it can't be anything to do with passion.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 12:56:56 PM »

Shameful.

To be fair, sometimes when I'm playing you can't help but get angry sometimes and just say something you don't necessarily mean but just comes out. I don't say 'f*** off' or 'your s***', just off the top of my head stuff like "are you f***ing kidding?"

Of course theres levels of it that require common sense to judge but the post made before is spot on, albeit a bit venomous. Other sports such as the rugby codes have rules where only the captain can speak to the ref about an issue and it works fine. Lot more respectful. The regular scenes you get of players crowding the referees screaming blue murder is an absolute disgrace imo. You fo get some s*** decisions mind...