Author Topic: Your football pet hates  (Read 400117 times)

firetotheworks

Re: Your football pet hates
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:04:07 PM »
Fines for managers critising referees. Its not a hard job, its a f***ing privilege. Managers and players get put under pressure, why shouldnt officials if they've clearly f***ed up......Actually just, referees.

Clearly, you've never refereed a game.  Try it, because it's really an eye-opener.   Not picking a fight, just saying that until you try it, it looks much easier than it really is. 
:dowie:

I meant in the grand scheme of things. As in like comparison to I dunno, working in Primark on the Saturday before Christmas.

I've never done that either mind, but I imagine it's harder than refereeing a Premier League match.

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • Want a hug?
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:05:29 PM »
Yeah, judging actions from 20-30 yards afar, on the spur of the moment, when sometimes not even slo-mo repeats are clear enough to see who was right.

Great respect for refs.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Chubby Jason

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:07:26 PM »
-Digital advertising boards, you know, those ones that move, hate those things.

-Whenever Fat Dickhead Allardyce and/or Phil Brown are on Goals on Sunday. It just turns into a repulsive arselicking fest. Remember that blatant, pathetic dive  Morton Pederson did for Blackburn (can't remember when). They showed it and Jabba just dissmissed it as the "lad falling over his own feet". Kamara and that other guy from SSN just nodded in agreement with him, pathetic.

-"Sunday Suppliment", what a round-table of total and utter arseholes.

Offline Exiled in Texas

• General Member
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:12:50 PM »
Fines for managers critising referees. Its not a hard job, its a f***ing privilege. Managers and players get put under pressure, why shouldnt officials if they've clearly f***ed up......Actually just, referees.

Clearly, you've never refereed a game.  Try it, because it's really an eye-opener.   Not picking a fight, just saying that until you try it, it looks much easier than it really is. 

I meant in the grand scheme of things. As in like comparison to I dunno, working in Primark on the Saturday before Christmas.

I've never done that either mind, but I imagine it's harder than refereeing a Premier League match.

Maybe, but Primark workers don't have instant replay with national coverage when you get the price wrong or drop an item.   ;D

Even for me only doing youth games (U10 through U19) and high school games here in texas you always have moments where you think "what is the exact call and restart that I need to make", did I really make the right call.   Lot's of judgement calls about what it/is-not a foul, offside or infringement. Should you, shouldn't you, call it, don't call it, what if I do, what if I don't. It's really fun to get some good games in, but there are lots of times when you know that "everyone" hates you no matter what you call.

That's why the referee always back's into their parking spot, so they can have a quick get-away.    :cheesy:

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:13:23 PM »
Agreed on defenders "shielding" the ball, attackers getting away with fouls that defenders would see red for ("Oh, that's a striker's tackle", yes it is, and it nearly broke the defender's leg, so send the fkr off), managers having a go at refs every game, players essentially allowed to say or do whatever they like to the officials without sanction, diving. Obviously.

I'd add pundits who don't know the laws of the game (that's you, Kamara, you tool), and players who point to the sky after scoring. Like God gives a flying f***.

I thought it was normally for a friend or relative who died?

From what I've seen so far over here, they do it for God quite often in American sports. The Lampard stuff bugs me too but it's up to him I guess, just not something I would ever do so publicly. So, OK, every sports person who thanks God for letting them win (i.e. making everyone else lose).

Everybody should be made to either jog back to the halfway line after a couple of firm handshakes with your team mates, or run, jump and punch the air like you're a 1970 Brazilian footballer. Unless you're Marco Tardelli.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

firetotheworks

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:13:48 PM »
Yeah, judging actions from 20-30 yards afar, on the spur of the moment, when sometimes not even slo-mo repeats are clear enough to see who was right.

Great respect for refs.

That's absolutely fair enough, its when they're 10 yards away in a great position and make ridiculous decisions. Same goes for linesmen.

Offline Mr. Snrub

• General Member
  • Messi
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:16:31 PM »
When people who don't know anything about football try talking to you about football.

manomush

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:18:58 PM »
going on Interpolic's 'glove' thread in chat, I'll add footballers who wear gloves, and even more, footballers who wear short sleeved shirts and gloves.  So you'll be warmed up enough not to keep your arms warm, but your hands might get too cold?

Emre, you little scamp, I'm looking at you.
english players wearing gloves ,rooney the other neet

firetotheworks

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:24:29 PM »
going on Interpolic's 'glove' thread in chat, I'll add footballers who wear gloves, and even more, footballers who wear short sleeved shirts and gloves.  So you'll be warmed up enough not to keep your arms warm, but your hands might get too cold?

What difference does it make if they're English?

firetotheworks

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
When people who don't know anything about football try talking to you about football.

Definitely, classic case being 'That Ronaldo's a cheat, he got Beckham sent off at the World Cup.'

:facepalm: Argh, just get out of my life mate.

Offline Exiled in Texas

• General Member
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:26:28 PM »

Great respect for refs.

That's absolutely fair enough, its when they're 10 yards away in a great position and make ridiculous decisions. Same goes for linesmen.

Assistant Referees

OK - I'll stop now.   I'm just kidding.  ;D

firetotheworks

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:28:40 PM »
Having to call Linesmen Assistant Referees.

:fishing:

Offline Exiled in Texas

• General Member
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:29:23 PM »
Having to call Linesmen Assistant Referees.

:fishing:

Too funny. 

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:33:57 PM »
People who say that showing the ball out by defenders is a foul. According to the laws of the game, it's not.

firetotheworks

« Reply #89 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:36:41 PM »
People who say that showing the ball out by defenders is a foul. According to the laws of the game, it's not.

Therein lies the pet hate.

Offline Nobody

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
Big games not being televised. Like France - Ireland.

Haris Vuckic

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 09:52:36 PM »

It's on Sky Sports 1.

Offline Nobody

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 09:59:50 PM »

manomush

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:01:37 PM »

[/quoteborn here thicko not from abroad where it is fukin a bit waamer

Haris Vuckic

firetotheworks

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:18:18 PM »

[/quoteborn here thicko not from abroad where it is fukin a bit waamer

Haha, 'abroad', aye I forgot that England is the coldest place in the known universe.

Phil K

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:01:56 PM »
Haha, 'abroad', aye I forgot that England is the coldest place in the known universe.
Actually, the Lahnden press and inhabitants of Lahnden seem to believe the north-east is so cold, there are icebergs floating down the Tyne and Geordies live in igloos. :uglystupid2:

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:15:11 PM »
Watching games at stinky pubs with overly drunk fat people spilling their beer all over you and blocking the tv sets.

"Atmosphere" my arse.
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.

Heneage

« Reply #98 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:15:59 PM »
Watching games at stinky pubs with overly drunk fat people spilling their beer all over you and blocking the tv sets.

"Atmosphere" my arse.
That's nothing like the pubs I go to.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 11:16:59 PM »

"Atmosphere" my arse.
That's nothing like the pubs I go to.

I've yet to see one pub unlike that when a "big" match is on.
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.