Author Topic: Your football pet hates  (Read 419696 times)

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
Re: Your football pet hates
« Reply #7025 on: Sunday 16 February 2020, 12:45:28 PM »
The streets will never forget those limbs.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7026 on: Wednesday 19 February 2020, 06:04:26 AM »
Dub.
?s=21

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #7027 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 05:19:47 PM »
Back passes are never ever given

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #7028 on: Tuesday 3 March 2020, 11:57:07 PM »
Hardly anyone seems to realise that in England a red is only a three game ban for violent conduct or serious foul play.

Offline TwoForJoy

« Reply #7029 on: Wednesday 4 March 2020, 12:12:54 AM »
"Top, top player."

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #7030 on: Wednesday 4 March 2020, 02:42:21 PM »
"ITS OFF THE LINE!"

When its neewhere f***ing near the line.

Offline Coffee_Johnny

« Reply #7031 on: Wednesday 4 March 2020, 02:44:34 PM »
Shearer's insistence on saying "... football club." As if it isn't clear he is talking about a team rather than a city in general.
🎵 He’s not from Argentina... 🎵

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #7032 on: Wednesday 4 March 2020, 02:45:38 PM »
Shearer's insistence on saying "... football club." As if it isn't clear he is talking about a team rather than a city in general.

All Liverpool fans do this.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #7033 on: Monday 13 April 2020, 01:37:27 PM »
The 15yr old that makes the Premier Leagues compilation videos for YouTube. Every single one has the same s*** EDM music you'd find in a Call of Duty '$ick Skillz' montage.

Offline Wolfcastle

• General Member
  • Hey! I'm trying to have lunch here
« Reply #7034 on: Monday 13 April 2020, 03:30:57 PM »
"character"
as in "we showed great character..." (to equalise, come from behind to win)
therefore it must have shown bad character to go behind and the same can be said of the opponent.
Its just sport that to's and fro's as was the intent from the start, why some call it 'entertainment' its as much the jockeying as the actual skill on show.
All tennis players would be nuclear manic depressives if it was "character" to win a game or a point and lose several too.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #7035 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 07:36:33 PM »
Photoshopping players' face/body onto kits of clubs they don't play for. Happening far too often on Social Media these days. f*** off!

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #7036 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 08:37:49 PM »
Photoshopping players' face/body onto kits of clubs they don't play for. Happening far too often on Social Media these days. f*** off!

Got to agree with this.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7037 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 12:28:50 PM »
You’ll love this then.

?s=21
?s=21

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #7038 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 12:32:02 PM »
Girondins de Bournechester

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7039 on: Tuesday 18 August 2020, 10:16:07 PM »
This Leeds love-in the last year or so. Sure Bielsa’s fun but I hate them. Don’t think they’ll do as well as people are making out either (see a few people thinking they’ll be around 8th). I don’t think they’ll be in any danger but can see them having a similar sort of season to our second one back up under Rafa.
?s=21

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #7040 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 07:03:31 AM »
This Leeds love-in the last year or so. Sure Bielsa’s fun but I hate them. Don’t think they’ll do as well as people are making out either (see a few people thinking they’ll be around 8th). I don’t think they’ll be in any danger but can see them having a similar sort of season to our second one back up under Rafa.

I don't see why Bielsa gets so much hype.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7041 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 07:52:47 AM »
Bielsa is great.
?s=21

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #7042 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 07:58:08 AM »
I haven't seen much more than highlights, but what really struck me was the video posted after they won promotion. The love and respect all of the players had for Bielsa was unfeigned, and inspiring that is no easy task. So I can't speak for his football, but he knows how to win devotion.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #7043 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 07:59:35 AM »
He seems a character and has some entertainment value. Clearly a canny manager but I'm not sure where all this hype comes from from pundits, players & ex players about him being in the world class bracket. I don't really know much about him tbh, but looking at the clubs he's managed he doesn't seem to stick around for long or win much.

Offline Boo Boy

• General Member
  • Boom!
« Reply #7044 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 08:49:49 AM »
the overhype of Neymar. he is a good player but he isn't great.
follow my patter on Twitter @BooBoy_1

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #7045 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 08:56:11 AM »
The use of the term 'pedigree'.
Cricket > Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #7046 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 09:12:00 AM »
He's an unbelievable player, one of the world's best
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #7047 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 09:49:49 AM »

He is though. I hate him but he's world class.

Offline Stal

• General Member
« Reply #7048 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 11:43:09 AM »
If this hasn't been mentioned as a pet hate already then;

Pundits and commentators on who do absolutely no research whatsoever.  It's obvious when they're phoning it in because they have a guaranteed TV slot regurgitating the same trite nonsense.

And it's not just the current "Bruce is f***ing mint, you're damn lucky to have him" bollocks we have to put up with, but generally across the board. If it's meant to spawn talksportesque like controversy then surely to stand out then surely you do the opposite now and actually be a professional. I know, there are exceptions.

It's not insightful nor entertaining. We are in an age where we have search engines FFS. Use them.

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #7049 on: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 02:22:19 PM »
If this hasn't been mentioned as a pet hate already then;

Pundits and commentators on who do absolutely no research whatsoever.  It's obvious when they're phoning it in because they have a guaranteed TV slot regurgitating the same trite nonsense.

And it's not just the current "Bruce is f***ing mint, you're damn lucky to have him" bollocks we have to put up with, but generally across the board. If it's meant to spawn talksportesque like controversy then surely to stand out then surely you do the opposite now and actually be a professional. I know, there are exceptions.

It's not insightful nor entertaining. We are in an age where we have search engines FFS. Use them.

Aye a lot of them are stealing a living.  Considering the amount of time they actually spend “at work” it shouldn’t be too much to ask to just look up some facts and stats, or god forbid, actually watch some live football matches before they spout utter drivel.

One that keeps popping up that drives me mad is when pundits claim that Aubameyang would score a lot more goals if he was played through the middle.  It’s obvious that his hold up play isn’t quite up to scratch for that role and that he actually gets more goalscoring opportunities when he can come in from a wide position.  But the likes of Redknapp can’t see it cos they just think playing as a centre forward guarantees more goals.  Cristiano Ronaldo is another similar example and he’s arguably the most famous player on the planet so you have to question how much football these chancers actually watch.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 19 August 2020, 07:35:10 PM by Away Day Gadgie »
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.