Author Topic: Your football pet hates  (Read 397362 times)

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
Re: Your football pet hates
« Reply #6950 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 11:38:37 PM »
Probably been said before, but the whole placing the ball just over/on the edge of the line when taking a corner gets on my nerves every week  :lol: It's like how much advantage is that really giving you?

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #6951 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 09:53:39 AM »
Probably been said before, but the whole placing the ball just over/on the edge of the line when taking a corner gets on my nerves every week  :lol: It's like how much advantage is that really giving you?

I like it when the linesman makes a show checking it's legal. Doesn't run round and check the other side though, does he?

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #6952 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 10:23:35 AM »
Been mentioned on here before but it’s even more annoying when fans of the team that are losing complain about it near the end of games allowing them to waste an extra 20 seconds putting it inside the quarter circle.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #6953 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 01:25:42 PM »
Not a pet hate, but sick of the social media fawning over Van Dijk showing Sissoko onto his left foot. Basic defending ffs.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #6954 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 01:34:42 PM »
Aye it was good defending to stop him passing to Son but it's not like showing someone onto their weaker foot is ground-breaking.
Consider winning

firetotheworks

« Reply #6955 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 01:53:13 PM »
Not a pet hate, but sick of the social media fawning over Van Dijk showing Sissoko onto his left foot. Basic defending ffs.

That's not why it's had the reaction it's had though. It's the combination of him showing him on his weaker foot and blocking the pass to Son when he was outnumbered, on his own, and the last man. If all of that combined is still basic defending then I haven't seen it done as well as that tbh.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #6956 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 01:57:44 PM »
Haven't watching it many times but could he not have just stepped up playing Son offside?
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #6957 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 02:03:39 PM »
Could have just stuck a right on his chin.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6958 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 02:04:03 PM »
Haven't watching it many times but could he not have just stepped up playing Son offside?

Not sure how you can step up in those circumstances as it would give Sissoko free run on goal.

firetotheworks

« Reply #6959 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 03:15:27 PM »

That would have just given Sissoko the time and space to run through on goal and probably get it on his right foot.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • t(' ' t)
« Reply #6960 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 03:18:37 PM »

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #6961 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 03:19:58 PM »
That's one of the most satisfying things in defending, when you can block a pass and threaten the person with the ball. Especially when they get caught by indecision and just do neither.

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #6962 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 08:00:14 PM »
It's not exactly hard to confuse Sissoko tho, when he isn't passing the ball to someone 5 yards away. Spurs will never move on to the next level unless they upgrade on players like him.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #6963 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 08:22:25 PM »
It's a f***ing sitter regardless of who the defender is
Consider winning

firetotheworks

« Reply #6964 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 08:26:36 PM »
It's not exactly hard to confuse Sissoko tho, when he isn't passing the ball to someone 5 yards away. Spurs will never move on to the next level unless they upgrade on players like him.

He's been class this season tbh. I'd be surprised if they chose now as the time to get rid.

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #6965 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 08:33:11 PM »

He's been class this season tbh. I'd be surprised if they chose now as the time to get rid.
I've not been paying attention to him to be honest, just going off his stats. No goals, couple of assists, a shot every other game and a tackle a key pass and a dribble per game. Not sure what his contribution is

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6966 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 08:33:58 PM »
He has been good this season, but as you say his stats are awful.

firetotheworks

« Reply #6967 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 08:38:22 PM »

I've not been paying attention to him to be honest, just going off his stats. No goals, couple of assists, a shot every other game and a tackle a key pass and a dribble per game. Not sure what his contribution is

Just generally very good all-round play, particularly strong runs and good on the counter. But aye, his stats are still s****, although it's less important when you've got Erikson, Alli, Son, Moura, Kane, and the full backs doing the goals/assists bit I suppose.

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #6968 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 08:46:40 PM »

Just generally very good all-round play, particularly strong runs and good on the counter. But aye, his stats are still s****, although it's less important when you've got Erikson, Alli, Son, Moura, Kane, and the full backs doing the goals/assists bit I suppose.
Fair point 👍

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6969 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 09:00:24 PM »
We’d be a million times better now if we’d still had Wijnaldum, Sissoko & Townsend. Think we’d be up with the likes of Leicester today had we stayed up that season.
?s=21

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #6970 on: Saturday 13 April 2019, 07:45:22 PM »
Hate might be a bit extreme however players hopping onto the pitch as some sort of superstition.

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #6971 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 09:15:05 PM »
It probably doesn't count as a pet hate, but it really annoys me how the media use the same words over and over again in their headlines like "player reveals" and "injury blow". Reading Newcastle news alone I probably see it 10 times a day. They are journalists you would think they would have a wider range of vocabulary.

firetotheworks

« Reply #6972 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 09:46:26 PM »
Hmm, I dunno, I think that one's a little wide of the mark.

EDIT
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #6973 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 10:00:11 PM »
It probably doesn't count as a pet hate, but it really annoys me how the media use the same words over and over again in their headlines like "player reveals" and "injury blow". Reading Newcastle news alone I probably see it 10 times a day. They are journalists you would think they would have a wider range of vocabulary.

I hate it when they refer to a player as “star”- proper winds me up

“NUFC star Matt Ritchie” etc etc

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #6974 on: Monday 15 April 2019, 10:04:33 PM »

I hate it when they refer to a player as “star”- proper winds me up

“NUFC star Matt Ritchie” etc etc

Remember Nile Ranger being a Newcastle star for a long time, until he became ex-NUFC star even when he was playing for other clubs
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19