Author Topic: Your football pet hates  (Read 390002 times)

Offline M4

• General Member
Re: Your football pet hates
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:29:27 pm »
Players falling deliberately on the ball and grabbing it when they want a free kick. When it's marginal ref should call handball and a yellow for deliberate handball.
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:49:07 pm »
'evening up' :lol:
?s=21

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 03:54:32 pm »
Ignorant pundits who comment on players based on their reputations rather than their real abilities.

Diving.

Players crowding the referee and whinging like little girls.

Screaming in pain when tackled.

Fergie.

People calling for the introduction of technology.

Beckham haters.

Phil K

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:04:18 pm »
Pompous, Biased Football Journos
Fans of other clubs with an agenda (for reasons best known to themselves) about us.
Man U fans who were "from/born/dad was from" Manchester (this includes Mongolians, Chinese, Outer Hebrideans, Martians)
Ole Gunnar Sockpuppet
Foreign players who only wish to play for one of the top 4 - ONLY one of the top 4.
Footballers who seem to believe being paid £100,000 a week is "fair"
Journalists who believe Liverpool fans are "justified" to attack their board and owners, while we are not.

You're right with the Stevie G crap too.
Fergie, yes. Ranting at any decision going against them, and ignoring the other 95% of the time when ref decisions go FOR them
How often does the refs play until Man U score ? Blatant pens not given ? Etc etc ad naseum

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:09:48 pm »
The very fact that the Premiership represents everything i hate about football, and yet i can't stand us not being there.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:13:35 pm »
This thread makes me think there's more that I hate about football than things I like. I could easily add another 10.

Phil K

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:16:19 pm »
This thread makes me think there's more that I hate about football than things I like. I could easily add another 10.
Absolutely.
On the other hand, I used to think there was nothing I didn't like about speedway.
Then I started believing it was getting processional, and too many changes to the sport I loved, and stopped going totally 15 years ago, and never been back since, i can't ever imagine that happening with football though.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:18:27 pm »
John Motson
Egotistical managers (like Brown, Allardyce, Redknapp)
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:20:43 pm »
Sam Allardyce is one for me as well, not many human beings I actually physically hate - but he's one.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:27:39 pm »
Lee Dixon and Martin Keown on Match of the Day 2. They don't actually know anything, and all their patter amounts to is making some hilarious joke about Dixon scoring an own goal every f***ing week.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:28:42 pm »
I don't understand Keown's voice. It belongs to someone else, surely?

Online Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:32:30 pm »
Steven Ireland.
Quite like him, tbh. Would probably go in my "Things you think are great....That you should think is s*** - Football edition".

Phil K

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:34:01 pm »
Lee Dixon and Martin Keown on Match of the Day 2. They don't actually know anything, and all their patter amounts to is making some hilarious joke about Dixon scoring an own goal every f***ing week.
If Lee Dixon isn't feigning a foul on him (a la Ginola) he's lost.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 04:36:39 pm »
Think Dixon's alright. Suspect it's the combination that turns them into the f***ing Chuckle Brothers.

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 06:47:14 pm »
Louis Saha

Supposedly knowledgeable people who think Louis Saha is good.

People calling Kaka, 'Ricardo Kaka', it's simply wrong, either or, not both.

Players missing penalties, should never happen, easiest thing in the world.

Alex Ferguson and Man Utd, and everything to do with them.

Middlesbrough.

Lower league football.

The offside rule, it's impossible to get it right, it requires one man to see two things at once, sometimes 70/80 yards away, how has no one noticed it's pure guesswork?

Players getting booked for over celebration, cheers Diego Forlan.

Players missing sitters, just no.

The way everyone criticises zonal marking the one time it concedes, and nothing is said the 100 times it works.

People who love overly strong diving tackles, even when they don't get near the ball, it's wrong, red card.

Showing the ball out is one of mine too, it's obstruction, foul.

Louis Saha

That is all I can think of right now.
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close

Offline Dr Venkman

• General Member
  • Alreet pet?
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 07:09:00 pm »
f***ing foul throws!! 9 out of 10 throw ins nowadays are foul throws and the refs just dont bother giving them, its ridiculous

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 07:36:54 pm »
Agreed on defenders "shielding" the ball, attackers getting away with fouls that defenders would see red for ("Oh, that's a striker's tackle", yes it is, and it nearly broke the defender's leg, so send the fkr off), managers having a go at refs every game, players essentially allowed to say or do whatever they like to the officials without sanction, diving. Obviously.

I'd add pundits who don't know the laws of the game (that's you, Kamara, you tool), and players who point to the sky after scoring. Like God gives a flying f***.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 07:41:16 pm »
Agreed on defenders "shielding" the ball, attackers getting away with fouls that defenders would see red for ("Oh, that's a striker's tackle", yes it is, and it nearly broke the defender's leg, so send the fkr off), managers having a go at refs every game, players essentially allowed to say or do whatever they like to the officials without sanction, diving. Obviously.

I'd add pundits who don't know the laws of the game (that's you, Kamara, you tool), and players who point to the sky after scoring. Like God gives a flying f***.

I thought it was normally for a friend or relative who died?

Offline Mr. Snrub

• General Member
  • Messi
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 07:42:30 pm »

Could he look more smug......

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 07:44:51 pm »
'Ive seen them given'

If an average player does something good its not that good, if they do something bad, they want shot.
If a top four player (usually Rooney) does something good its world class, if they do something bad then they 'werent able to bring it under their spell' or 'it didn't quite work out for him that time.'

Andy Townsend and Robbie Earle thinking they have a right to say what a player in the Champions League should have done instead of what they did do. Shut up, you're Andy Townsend and Robbie Earle, you couldn't dream of doing what Gerrard etc can do with the ball.

Defenders shielding the ball out of play as if it would be allowed anywhere else on the pitch.

Arshavins celebration. As much as I absolutely bum him as a player, that is one s*** celebration.

When a team, or in particular Steve Harper and whoever our RB is keep trying a tactic that clearly isn't working.

Players that are clearly not legends being called legends.

People who hate 'Fancy Dan's'

Any pundit on MOTD other than Hansen, Lawrenson and Shearer.

The current bumming of Shay Given by pundits despite him playing no better than he did for us.

The way Liverpool play.

The reluctance to use technology in favour of blind officials.

Fines for managers critising referees. Its not a hard job, its a f***ing privilege. Managers and players get put under pressure, why shouldnt officials if they've clearly f***ed up.

Rules that are made without the player in mind. For example players having to jump with their hands by their sides, no tackles from behind even if its clean and they win the ball, 'dangerous intent' despite winning the ball etc etc.

Decisions based on reputation, rather than what the referee actually saw, and is paid to do.

Actually just, referees.

Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Exiled in Texas

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 07:53:44 pm »
Maybe as a certified ref, I see things differently.  My pet peeves....

Commentators (well, mainly Tommy Smythe) calling for every ball touching a hand in the Penalty area a hand ball.  No concept of judging the "Intent".

Pundits who don't know the laws of the game. Nothing worse than them ranting and raving about something, that is completely wrong in LOTG.

Chubby Jason

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 07:53:57 pm »
Irritating smug "fans" that think they know everything about every player on the planet. "It's quite clear that **funny sounding Spanish name** is an exceptional player and posseses twice the talent of Steven Gerrard or Wayne Rooney."

f*** off you bellend watching someone on youtube with fancy music playing in the background does not allow you to make judgement on a player.

Also other things that get on my tits;

-People that don't get p*ssed off when players dive.

-Chris Morgan trying to kill that lad last season, fracturing his skull and getting a yellow card for it with no further punishment. What if he died, what sanction would he have faced then?

People that proclaim they "don't give a toss" about the England national side., have some pride man. Does this apathy happen in any other sport? In any other country?

People that sing songs at games about national disasters like Hillsbourough and Munich, lovely stuff, what utter scum.

Football fans really are dickheads aren't they?

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 07:56:58 pm »
Agree with all of those Chubb, minus the having national pride one.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Exiled in Texas

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:01:26 pm »
Fines for managers critising referees. Its not a hard job, its a f***ing privilege. Managers and players get put under pressure, why shouldnt officials if they've clearly f***ed up......Actually just, referees.

Clearly, you've never refereed a game.  Try it, because it's really an eye-opener.   Not picking a fight, just saying that until you try it, it looks much easier than it really is. 

{edit} need better smilie   :-)

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 18 November 2009, 08:03:30 pm »
I can imagine refereeing being close to impossible tbh...
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close