Author Topic: Charlie Brooker  (Read 33938 times)

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Re: Charlie Brooker
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 1 January 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
:thup:

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 1 January 2013, 10:00:09 PM »
Nice one, thanks.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 1 January 2013, 10:05:19 PM »
Real-life Titanic :lol:
Consider winning

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 1 January 2013, 10:05:25 PM »
:lol: Real Life Titanic
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 12:17:29 AM »
I cannot believe this is the first time I've really given him a try, I thought it was brilliant so will have to check up on his older stuff too. Barry Shitpeas is class.

Offline Neil

• General Member
  • The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 12:33:43 AM »
Very good as usual.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 12:52:04 AM »
watching now, just encountered the mary mungo and midge theme music.

brooker taking the p*ss and late 60's/early 70's kids tele, whats not to like ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 12:59:09 AM »
and now magic fly by space. has charlie been raiding my past phone ringtones for his soundtrack ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 01:18:43 AM »
Mary, Mungo and f***ing Midge. :hmm:

Scary b******s. :hmm:
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 01:21:23 AM »
midge f***ing on a prog for pre schoolers would be quite scary.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 01:27:30 AM »
'kin hell man, philip glass on the sound track now.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 01:09:59 PM »
Need more programs like this to show what utter s*** is on TV and in the media in general.

Offline Oakie Doke

• General Member
  • the friendliest of folk
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 03:22:37 PM »
I liked the part where he took a sideways glance at the camera and made a cutting comment.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
Re: Re: Charlie Brooker
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 04:58:51 PM »
I liked the part where he took a sideways glance at the camera and made a cutting comment.

:)
« Last Edit: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 05:11:40 PM by Si »
Bearings Straight!

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 2 January 2013, 05:11:26 PM »
Watched this last night. Always loved his Screenwipe show, like gimpster says he highlights how awful our media really is in such a simplistic way.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 6 January 2013, 11:01:15 PM »
Need more programs like this to show what utter s*** is on TV and in the media in general.

Halfway through and I cannot believe just how much f***ing w*** there is on the TV. I've never heard of most of this bollocks and very glad about that fact too.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 6 January 2013, 11:07:28 PM »

Halfway through and I cannot believe just how much f***ing w*** there is on the TV. I've never heard of most of this bollocks and very glad about that fact too.

The hotel and that Gok Wan thing? :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #67 on: Monday 7 January 2013, 12:08:58 AM »

Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Monday 7 January 2013, 01:32:20 PM »

The sad thing is, a lot of people sit through the guff and scoff it up like little sweets.  It boils my p*ss, like the place i used to work "did you see geordie shore?"  "erm no, its not my thing"  Then the journey home would be dominated by the banter from the show.  Its s***, its drivel, its utter f***ing mind grabage!!!!

Its another nothing show boiled up by talentless TV w*****s "but this is what people want!" Is it?  Is it really? 

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, EU
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 24 January 2013, 10:52:53 PM »
Everyone knows Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe starts a 5 show run on BBC2 next Thursday at 2200, right?
:) As you were.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 24 January 2013, 10:55:46 PM »
I do now.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Craig-NUFC

« Reply #71 on: Thursday 24 January 2013, 11:02:05 PM »
Everyone knows Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe starts a 5 show run on BBC2 next Thursday at 2200, right?

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #72 on: Friday 25 January 2013, 02:06:44 PM »
I knew it ws coming back on and have been waiting for it.

Offline mouldy_uk

• General Member
  • Forever NUFC
« Reply #73 on: Friday 25 January 2013, 08:23:21 PM »

Good spot, thanks :)

Offline Neil

• General Member
  • The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 31 January 2013, 09:46:52 PM »
15 mins, for anyone interested.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.