Author Topic: Charlie Brooker  (Read 33939 times)

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
Re: Charlie Brooker
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 2 January 2011, 02:20:46 AM »
WHAT DOES HE f***ing LOOKING LIKE?
looks like how you need to look if you want to knob konnie huq.

proves that the 'sense of humour' line isn't a myth.

Offline Neil

• General Member
  • The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 2 January 2011, 12:49:06 PM »
Actually thought the 2010 one wasn't as good as his other stuff, felt a bit rushed. Still a good watch, mind.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 2 January 2011, 01:55:30 PM »
I hated that southern bloke who kept saying 'loike' and compared things to other things in the most sensationalist way he could.  The most unfunny thing I have ever seen.  Besides that and the American fella the show was good stuff.
Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #28 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 03:18:10 AM »
Barry Shitpeas is class. ???

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #29 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 03:41:08 AM »
Yeah, I agree Yorkie. Think he posts on here as Ronaldo...or possibly Pilko.
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #30 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 03:43:41 AM »
If Brooker has any morals at all he needs to drop Huq after her taking X-Factor. He either f***s off from TV or sends her packing. Its a tough decision, but he can't go on about s**** tv like he (correctly) does and then go home to her and accept beign associated with it.

Tough decision, but he has to man up.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline Spider Jerusalem

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 11:08:54 AM »
I thought Barry Shitpeas was a decent character voicing the opinion of the commonest common denominator. 

I enjoyed 2010Wipe but thought that it was stuck somewhere between Newswipe and Screenwipe and didn't hit the highs of either.
I Hate It Here.  That's Why I Keep Coming Back.

Offline Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
  • General Member
« Reply #32 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 11:39:25 AM »
If Brooker has any morals at all he needs to drop Huq after her taking X-Factor. He either f***s off from TV or sends her packing. Its a tough decision, but he can't go on about s**** tv like he (correctly) does and then go home to her and accept beign associated with it.

He's stopped writing Screenburn for reasons along that line.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 12:21:00 PM »

If I was Charlie Brooker getting a piece of Konnie Huq, I couldn't give two s***s. I'd gladly be the most hypocritical b****** on the face of the earth if I could keep hitting that.

Offline Neil

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 12:26:39 PM »
I concur with the above conjecture.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #35 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 12:32:22 PM »

He's a comedian, telling jokes, ffs. Does that mean that every other comedian who tells jokes has to live the rest of their lives in a certain way so as not to contradict or undermine the jokes that they've previously told? Get a grip.

Also, what wormy said. :snod:
It's just the same

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 12:45:13 PM »
Why does it make him a hypocrite? :lol:

He's shagging a fit lass who does a job he hates, I am shagging a lass doing a job I hate. Doesn't make me a hypocrite imo.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 01:01:23 PM »
I agree with you Cajun. I was just coming from a different part of the topic, just so I could daydream about hitting Konnie Hug :smitten:

I agree wholeheartedly that he's not being hypocritical in any way. Don't see why your taste in tv has to mean you can't get with a host of a s*** tv show. I highly doubt their life at home revolves around X Factor :lol:

Offline Neil

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 01:22:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure SDBS was joking?

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure SDBS was joking?

f*** YOU!

je85

« Reply #40 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 07:43:42 PM »

He's a comedian, telling jokes, ffs. Does that mean that every other comedian who tells jokes has to live the rest of their lives in a certain way so as not to contradict or undermine the jokes that they've previously told? Get a grip.

Barely, he's just an angry man shouting about s***.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 07:44:15 PM »
I think he is hilarious.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #42 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 07:58:38 PM »

Well, for me he's so much more than that, but judging by your contributions to the Jokes thread, it's clear you're not the sort of person who would ever appreciate his brand of humour. Yours is a more gentle, pun-based humour suitable for viewers of Countdown.
It's just the same

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 08:00:18 PM »

Well, for me he's so much more than that, but judging by your contributions to the Jokes thread, it's clear you're not the sort of person who would ever appreciate his brand of humour. Yours is a more gentle, pun-based humour suitable for viewers of Countdown.

Boom.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #44 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 08:10:51 PM »

Boom.

Whereas Parky here clearly likes to make funny noises and impersonate the sound of the atom splitting.
It's just the same

je85

« Reply #45 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 08:50:59 PM »

That's the stuff that's easy to type onto here. My favourite comedians aren't one-liner guys. I have the same problem with one-liner comedians as I do with Charlie Brooker, they're fine in small doses but anything more than half an hour and it gets terribly grating.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #46 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 11:08:25 PM »

can he not just treat it as he would anyway and belittle it and take the p*ss ?

i'm not gonna dump my wife cos she watches s*** tele and reads crap magazines.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline S.S.R.

• Photoshop King
  • General Member
« Reply #47 on: Monday 3 January 2011, 11:12:50 PM »
I think the real reason was that he was making and appearing in his own programmes.

Online LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 1 January 2013, 09:53:12 PM »
Charlie Brooker 2012 Newswipe is on BBC 2 at 10pm.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
Re: Re: Charlie Brooker
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 1 January 2013, 09:55:32 PM »
Charlie Brooker 2012 Newswipe is on BBC 2 at 10pm.

Legend, forgot to set the box to record it.
Bearings Straight!