Author Topic: Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)  (Read 135129 times)

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
Re: Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)
« Reply #2350 on: Saturday 5 December 2020, 09:01:00 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

Absolute disgrace I wouldn’t put it past this regime hawking them to corporate scousers. At anytime this is unacceptable and makes us look small time, but when capacity is limited to 2 thousand ? If any of them tickets end up in the hands of Liverpool fans when our lot can’t get in it’ll be a f***ing outrage.

Of course they'll be hawking them off to the Scousers. They did that when we played them a couple of seasons ago despite 1000s of NUFC fans not even being offered the chance to buy a ticket. The crowd will probably be 50/50 that day. Thankfully I'll be nowhere near the place.

Agree completely another reason why this regime is rotten to the core, they’d happily sell out their own supporters for a few extra quid.

Aye done it before whilst being the ultimate hypocrites and threatening supporters with bans if they sold their own seats to Liverpool fans.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline Greg

« Reply #2351 on: Saturday 5 December 2020, 10:12:24 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

It's not really a disgrace like is it?

Have they (The Trust) bothered to do anything useful with their survey results yet? Follow up action planned?

What action do you propose?

We've shared with the club, and obviously ramped up the pressure via media. But other than letting the club know what the fans think there is not a great deal more the Trust can do but represent the views of fans directly with the club and by getting message out in media.

Offline Greg

« Reply #2352 on: Saturday 5 December 2020, 10:17:09 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

Absolute disgrace I wouldn’t put it past this regime hawking them to corporate scousers. At anytime this is unacceptable and makes us look small time, but when capacity is limited to 2 thousand ? If any of them tickets end up in the hands of Liverpool fans when our lot can’t get in it’ll be a f***ing outrage.

Of course they'll be hawking them off to the Scousers. They did that when we played them a couple of seasons ago despite 1000s of NUFC fans not even being offered the chance to buy a ticket. The crowd will probably be 50/50 that day. Thankfully I'll be nowhere near the place.

Agree completely another reason why this regime is rotten to the core, they’d happily sell out their own supporters for a few extra quid.

They've taken these down now and said it was a "mistake".

I understand a % of the tickets available will go to hospitality but should go to existing hospitality holders not general sale, should be a small percentage but they absolutely should not be selling them like this, and certainly not before they have even engaged on their plans for the return of fans let alone before they have communicated it.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #2353 on: Saturday 5 December 2020, 10:20:32 PM »
A business trying to maximise profits...

The nail getting hit on the head finally with Ashley?!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #2354 on: Saturday 5 December 2020, 10:24:30 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

They've taken these down now and said it was a "mistake".

I understand a % of the tickets available will go to hospitality but should go to existing hospitality holders not general sale, should be a small percentage but they absolutely should not be selling them like this, and certainly not before they have even engaged on their plans for the return of fans let alone before they have communicated it.

Mistake my arse, but fair play for bringing this to people’s attention. Looks like you’ve had a result in getting them to take it down.

Selling corporate tickets to visiting fans, or even giving them the chance to buy them would have been the ultimate insult to our fan base.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #2355 on: Saturday 5 December 2020, 10:31:27 PM »
A “mistake”  :lol: :lol:

No ticket sales for nine months 🤣🤣

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #2356 on: Saturday 5 December 2020, 11:24:50 PM »
The only mistake was that of judgement and only reversed because of backlash, says all you need to know.
What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #2357 on: Saturday 5 December 2020, 11:30:06 PM »
A “mistake”  [emoji38] [emoji38]

No ticket sales for nine months
What a rancid festering arsehole of a club.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #2358 on: Sunday 6 December 2020, 12:22:20 PM »
A mistake eh? Interesting to see how long it'll take them to refund the money that people (probably mostly Liverpool fans tbf) have forked out for these hospitality tickets baring in mind they haven't even refunded season ticket holders yet. Just a disgusting club really.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Online Sean

• General Member
« Reply #2359 on: Sunday 6 December 2020, 01:55:06 PM »
A mistake eh? Interesting to see how long it'll take them to refund the money that people (probably mostly Liverpool fans tbf) have forked out for these hospitality tickets baring in mind they haven't even refunded season ticket holders yet. Just a disgusting club really.

Yep, the club mirrors it's owner. I'm just saddened there are people happy to give him their money still, as if the last 13 years have taught them nothing  :lol:

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #2360 on: Sunday 6 December 2020, 04:49:09 PM »
Call me cynical but if they’d mistakenly put tickets up for sale in the gallowgate I might have believed them, but the fact they were corporate tickets tells us all we need to know.

I don’t have a problem with corporate season ticket holders taking a percentage of the 2000 places, however absolutely no tickets should be on general sale for these games.

Offline JeffJ

• General Member
« Reply #2361 on: Wednesday 23 December 2020, 09:19:25 AM »
Just caught Gregg on Radio Newcastle, came across really well 👍🏻

Offline Joey Linton

• General Member
« Reply #2362 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 01:32:14 PM »
They seem to be generating a fair bit of overdue criticism from both members and non members on social media today about what they do and claim to do.

Offline Greg

« Reply #2363 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 01:39:18 PM »
They seem to be generating a fair bit of overdue criticism from both members and non members on social media today about what they do and claim to do.

Not really - most of the social media stuff has been positive - with the usual bashing from the usual suspects that love a moan on Twitter but have nothing constructive to say or offer.

Offline Joey Linton

• General Member
« Reply #2364 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 01:59:29 PM »

Not really - most of the social media stuff has been positive - with the usual bashing from the usual suspects that love a moan on Twitter but have nothing constructive to say or offer.

Well there's been enough for the Chronicle's multimedia editor to report on it via twitter which is where I saw it initially. Just seen you've responded to it on twitter too. Surprising you'd do that if it's "not really" happening.   ???

Offline Greg

« Reply #2365 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 02:31:45 PM »

Well there's been enough for the Chronicle's multimedia editor to report on it via twitter which is where I saw it initially. Just seen you've responded to it on twitter too. Surprising you'd do that if it's "not really" happening.   ???

As in the majority of tweets have been positive - the reaction from the majority to the nonsense - e.g the Chronciel's multimedia editor's tweet - was positive.