Author Topic: Peterborough (h) - Saturday 7th November [before P'boro(h)] - SEE OP FOR DETAILS  (Read 52597 times)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: NOFC Third Match: Peterborough (h) - Saturday 7th November [before P'boro(h)]
« Reply #25 on: Monday 19 October 2009, 10:39:32 PM »
Gonna risk losing some friends here. :aww:

I can 100% confirm myself but - being arsey - only if someone is gonna be ballsey enough to pick an eleven and make proper substitutions in this one. I'm working late on the Friday night and it's a seriously early start just to come up and watch us stroll around not having a clue as we get humped (aye i know, i was as s**** as anyone in that game v the Uni lot). But still, there's a lot of good players confirmed in that opening post there and someone needs to pick the best team. [/it's-all-about-me]

Heneage

Re: NOFC Third Match: Peterborough (h) - Saturday 7th November [before P'boro(h)]
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 01:14:50 AM »
I may be injured, thus out for this one but would be happy to manager the side with Pilko's blessing. The team needs a captain, and if I am not injured, I am more than happy to throw my hat in the ring.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 10:44:20 AM »
Bugger. I'm pretty new to this forum and only just spotted this.

Was tossing up which match to come up for a few weeks ago, Donny or Posh. Plumped for the Donny game, seems I made the wrong call. I would have loved the chance to play in the supporters team. For future reference, is anybody welcome to play or do you have to be known to the people who organise the games?? Oh, and what sort of standard are you guys, just so I know if it's worth it or if I'd make an embarrasment of myself.

I turn out for my local non league teams supporters side (Hampton & Richmond Borough - known as Beavers FC) in the IFA when they get games. Played against Fulham, QPR, Brentford, Watford, Millwall and a few other non league teams in full games and against Swindon, Halifax, Arsenal Nigeria, Hull and Bury at the Worldnet tournament.

If it's ok for me to play in the future I'll keep an eye on your fixtures and let you know when I'm gonna be in the area.

Cheers.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 11:06:01 AM »
We're f***ing s****.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Re: NOFC Third Match: Peterborough (h) - Saturday 7th November [before P'boro(h)
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 11:07:41 AM »
:lol:

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 11:43:29 AM »
We're f***ing s****.

Excellent, I'll fit right in.

Heneage

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 01:32:27 PM »
What position do you play?

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 02:10:07 PM »
What position do you play?

Was that to me??

Best off at CB, but more than happy to play anywhere I'd be required. I've played for teams in what they call Level 5 of the football pyramid (Conference is level 1) but that was about 5/6 years ago. Not anywhere near that level of fitness nowadays.

Doubt I'll be up for the POSH game though as I am coming up this weekend for Donny.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 03:53:32 PM »
At My Kids Support Chelsea!!:

You can play if you like, yeah. There's no set agenda for who can and can't play, provided you're a member of these forums, really.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 04:12:52 PM »
At My Kids Support Chelsea!!:

You can play if you like, yeah. There's no set agenda for who can and can't play, provided you're a member of these forums, really.

Cool. I'll try and convince my wife it's a good idea for me to spend two weekends in newcastle in the space of a fortnight. I'm not holding out any hope, but I'll defo be up for playing in the future. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 04:23:06 PM »
:lol: it might be worth you knowing we got beat 13-0 by the local Uni's sports and social team a few weeks ago.

The standard isn't actually that bad, we have a few good players and most are decent, just the fitness levels aren't there for a lot of people (myself included, although that is getting better gradually).
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 04:38:26 PM »
It's all relative, no matter what level you play at some teams are gonna tonk you. I'm not particularly fit myself, that's why I play CB, and haven't played since the end of last season. Even when I did play a lot I was still the least fit on my team, it's just the way I am built (i.e heavily!).

Hopefully my better half will enjoy her first experience of SJP this week and will want to come back.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 04:45:06 PM »
It's all relative, no matter what level you play at some teams are gonna tonk you. I'm not particularly fit myself, that's why I play CB, and haven't played since the end of last season. Even when I did play a lot I was still the least fit on my team, it's just the way I am built (i.e heavily!).

Hopefully my better half will enjoy her first experience of SJP this week and will want to come back.

Of course she'll enjoy it, seeing all the "hollywood" football players.

I mean, she could see such stars as - Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll and.. James Coppinger. Who could want more?

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 04:54:46 PM »
I'll play at the back or something in this, fingers fooked and NSG's playing anyway.

Geordiecunny

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 05:01:07 PM »
Can I go CM for this one?

Offline Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 06:52:23 PM »
Still in. No net access to net, changed number. I''ll be on here tomorrow.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 20 October 2009, 06:53:06 PM »
PM me your new number while you're still on please mate. :thup:

french geordie

« Reply #42 on: Thursday 22 October 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
haven t been on for a while due to moving house

still in for this game !

Offline Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Friday 23 October 2009, 10:38:01 AM »
Right lads. At the Library of all places  :aww:

Right, so who have we got for this? Whats the line-up? Are peope fit for this?

Really don't want to go into a situation where people havent been arsed to prepare for this, we got spanked last time due to fitness levels and poor discipline, these are two things which we can work on, regardless of talent or skill.

Back four, get drilled. Seriously. If you are playing in the back four, I suggest you get each others numbers and start texting each other, ringing each other, anything to talk through your gameplans. We can't just be turning up and expecting just to play.

Sorry for being all serious, but I would like to think everybody who has put their names down to play will be taking this as serious as me. If we get beat, so what? However, if we get beat due to lack of prep or lack of effort, I'd be really dissappointed.

If anyone needs my telephone number, PM Pilko for it, as I have no idea when I'll be back on here.

Josh, I'll ring you over the weekend regarding the game.

All the best,

John.  :thup:

Offline Ash

• General Member
  • 27/08/16 - Immortality
« Reply #44 on: Friday 23 October 2009, 05:04:57 PM »

Really don't want to go into a situation where people havent been arsed to prepare for this, we got spanked last time due to fitness levels and poor discipline, these are two things which we can work on, regardless of talent or skill.

Back four, get drilled. Seriously. If you are playing in the back four, I suggest you get each others numbers and start texting each other, ringing each other, anything to talk through your gameplans. We can't just be turning up and expecting just to play.

Sorry for being all serious, but I would like to think everybody who has put their names down to play will be taking this as serious as me. If we get beat, so what? However, if we get beat due to lack of prep or lack of effort, I'd be really dissappointed.

If anyone needs my telephone number, PM Pilko for it, as I have no idea when I'll be back on here.

All the best,

Sorry, but... :mackems:
Quote from: Hatem Ben Arfa
I have already played in Milan, Madrid and Barcelona but it is here that I feel right on the pitch. And also it is here that the players are respected.

Stephen927

« Reply #45 on: Friday 23 October 2009, 05:09:25 PM »
The only way the back four will play as a unit is through games, theres only so much you can talk about doing before the game as each game situation is different than the last. It's the only way to develop any sort of understanding.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #46 on: Friday 23 October 2009, 05:12:44 PM »
In fairness, the defense - as we knew it - was only actually there for the first half. We only conceded three goals and it was just a case of a few elementary errors like not keeping the line and a lack of communication that had us concede those three. Lack of defensive support from the midfield too. It was 3-0 at half time, not 7 or 8. I agree with Stephen, saying stuff pre-game will only go so far. All we need really is someone to say "THIS IS THE ELEVEN", no one to argue, and stick with it - then everyone knows what they're doing and can prepare themselves. No one had a f***ing clue what they were doing for 90% of that last game. The excellent opposition only made it worse.

Heneage

« Reply #47 on: Friday 23 October 2009, 07:43:39 PM »
You also haven't factored in that Nut will be replacing me and he's a far better defender.

Offline Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 24 October 2009, 09:56:42 AM »

All the best,

Sorry, but... :mackems:

f*** you. It's either that, or nothing. Theres no meet ups or training, so what the f*** do you suggest?

I suggest you get f***ed.

Heneage

« Reply #49 on: Saturday 24 October 2009, 02:18:16 PM »
Nowt wrong with talking tactics.