Author Topic: Peterborough (h) - Saturday 7th November [before P'boro(h)] - SEE OP FOR DETAILS  (Read 53102 times)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: NOFC Third Match: Peterborough (h) - Saturday 7th November [before P'boro(h)]
« Reply #100 on: Sunday 25 October 2009, 10:33:58 PM »
Nah, not at all. If we can find a general concensus then it's all win really isn't it. For example virtually everyone's put Rocker in at centre-mid, so that'd kinda settle that. Everyone's put Nut at centre-back, so that settles that. Everyone's put Wullie upfront, etc etc. If we can do that for every position - there or thereabouts - we can find a team that everyone's happy with.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
Re: NOFC Third Match: Peterborough (h) - Saturday 7th November [before P'boro(h)
« Reply #101 on: Sunday 25 October 2009, 10:39:39 PM »
NSG
Yorkie(defend, do nowt else) OpNutChris KenDahl Slim/Cunny (bomb up wing)
Kezman Rocker (defensive. actual defensive mid, not pilko's version of defensive) Slim/Cunny YouthKezman
Me
Wullie

That leaves Pilko Gorilla French Dave?

My reasoning for me being 'behind' wullie..  :laugh2:.. is because I'd probably like a bit more flexibility than to just sit on the shoulder of the striker all the time.

Also, I would ideally love to get Stu or StuBrown or Ken in centre mid and push Slim/Cunny to the wing.

That'll do I guess.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: NOFC Third Match: Peterborough (h) - Saturday 7th November [before P'boro(h)]
« Reply #102 on: Sunday 25 October 2009, 11:00:17 PM »
NSG
Yorkie --- Nut --- KenDahl --- Slim
Kezman --- Rocker --- Cunny --- Mini-Kezman
Burnip --- Wullie

... seems to be the general concensus so far. Think that looks quite promising. :)

Geordiecunny

« Reply #103 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 12:10:41 AM »
On the training thing I'm happy to arrange if you like? I'd also be happy to move it to an evening if more people can come that way?

Dan_H

« Reply #104 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 02:16:36 AM »
NSG
Yorkie --- Nut --- KenDahl --- Slim
Kezman --- Rocker --- Cunny --- Mini-Kezman
Burnip --- Wullie

... seems to be the general concensus so far. Think that looks quite promising. :)

Looks A Good Little Team Boys

Online KDT

• General Member
« Reply #105 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 12:37:20 PM »
would really prefer to play a bit higher up the pitch as I think i've shown in the n-o games that it's probably where i'm better and can be a bit more effective

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #106 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 12:57:49 PM »
What would your team be, KenDahl?

Online KDT

• General Member
« Reply #107 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 01:12:32 PM »
No idea really, think i'd rather see kezman as a fullback to be honest

Kezman left back and his bro on the left wing, with stu brown if he can play upfront with burnip and wullie on the right wing

Pace upfront will probs be the key

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #108 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 02:40:39 PM »
Stubrown isn't playing. Well, he hasn't said so in this thread i don't think...

Offline Ash

• General Member
  • 27/08/16 - Immortality
« Reply #109 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 03:39:58 PM »
Right lads. At the Library of all places  :aww:

Right, so who have we got for this? Whats the line-up? Are peope fit for this?

Really don't want to go into a situation where people havent been arsed to prepare for this, we got spanked last time due to fitness levels and poor discipline, these are two things which we can work on, regardless of talent or skill.

Back four, get drilled. Seriously. If you are playing in the back four, I suggest you get each others numbers and start texting each other, ringing each other, anything to talk through your gameplans. We can't just be turning up and expecting just to play.

Sorry for being all serious, but I would like to think everybody who has put their names down to play will be taking this as serious as me. If we get beat, so what? However, if we get beat due to lack of prep or lack of effort, I'd be really dissappointed.

If anyone needs my telephone number, PM Pilko for it, as I have no idea when I'll be back on here.

Josh, I'll ring you over the weekend regarding the game.

All the best,

John.  :thup:

Sorry, but... :mackems:

f*** you. It's either that, or nothing. Theres no meet ups or training, so what the f*** do you suggest?

I suggest you get f***ed.

Only just seen this, absolutely class. :mackems:
Quote from: Hatem Ben Arfa
I have already played in Milan, Madrid and Barcelona but it is here that I feel right on the pitch. And also it is here that the players are respected.

Stephen927

« Reply #110 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 06:14:56 PM »
Aye if you could organise it Cunny that would be class mate. If you don't mind of course.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #111 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 07:28:56 PM »
What do you make of the prospective teams on the previous age, Nut?

No idea tbh. :lol:

Like I said though, I don't mind starting as a sub if it means French or Gorilla start since they made the first game.
?s=21

french geordie

« Reply #112 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 09:00:23 PM »
i don t mind starting as sub guys , as long as i get some time , nee worries for me .

Geordiecunny

« Reply #113 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 09:37:34 PM »
Aye if you could organise it Cunny that would be class mate. If you don't mind of course.
right so if I sort out a training session, just basically one hour, half fitness half small sided limited touch football to get the passing and moving more fluid, who'd definitely come? It'll probably be at Northumbria Uni Coach Lane at 7PM if I can get the pitch. I'd "lead" the session if you like too. 6 minimum I'd say so we can at least have a 3v3 game. People who are playing or not as far as I'm concerned.

Stephen927

« Reply #114 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 09:48:38 PM »
I'm a definite. :thup:

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #115 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 10:05:29 PM »
hopefully not on a wed or friday

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #116 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 10:08:52 PM »
I'll attend.

I'm not the busiest of fella (apart from 9-5 work ofc)... so any time should be good for me.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #117 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 10:12:58 PM »
I'm actually going to be in Scotland from Thursday morning till Saturday afternoon, so you'll have to count me out for this un. Will for sure be interested in future, though. :thup:
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #118 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 10:13:51 PM »
I could probable force Dino to do it too

Geordiecunny

« Reply #119 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 10:32:01 PM »
Anyone any objections to this thursday? If I can sort it that is.

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #120 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 11:17:21 PM »
sounds good to me.  Be maybe good to get some shooting and setplays worked on as well :)

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #121 on: Monday 26 October 2009, 11:39:52 PM »
Don't kid yourself on set plays mate :lol:

Just make sure we've got enough cover back, right arm for front post, left for back!

Stephen927

« Reply #122 on: Tuesday 27 October 2009, 10:56:10 AM »
Set pieces are as simple as telling the taker to aim for the tallest lad. The rest just fight for space. Defending them, just pick a man and don't lose him. Communication is key, if you see someone unmarked, give a shout and tell someone who is marking space to go get him.

Thursday is a bit touch and go for me, evening at about 7.30 would be idealish.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday 27 October 2009, 11:23:16 AM »
Thursday's typically the one day I'm not available. Could make any evening next week apart from Monday if there's another one.
?s=21

Offline Dr Venkman

• General Member
  • Alreet pet?
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday 27 October 2009, 02:27:45 PM »
didnt even know this shizzle was going on!?

i'll play like, i'd be up for training aswell if i can make it.