Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 650509 times)

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #19975 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 11:05:09 AM »
Dead to Me kind of fizzled out to not very much in the end. Think I need to quit Netflix, producing real quality TV at this quantity is just not feasible.

I dunno, Ian. The two central performances were great.
The ending has obviously left it open for a further season.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #19976 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
Dead to Me kind of fizzled out to not very much in the end. Think I need to quit Netflix, producing real quality TV at this quantity is just not feasible.

I dunno, Ian. The two central performances were great.
The ending has obviously left it open for a further season.

Yeah, they were good, had some good moments. Suppose I have to stop expecting any real payoff, since it's always going to need to go on to another series.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #19977 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 01:27:14 PM »
Watched the first 10 episodes of Monster. Watched Akira and Ghost In The Shell to try and get into anime but just couldn't. But I'm hooked to this. :lol:

:lol: f***ing get the f*** in. Monster is f***ing outstanding.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19978 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 01:33:34 PM »
Watched the first 10 episodes of Monster. Watched Akira and Ghost In The Shell to try and get into anime but just couldn't. But I'm hooked to this. :lol:

It's brilliant. Up to episode 23 now. :lol: Are there anymore murder mystery anime as good as this, films or series? Please recommend more. :lol:
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #19979 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 01:50:09 PM »

It's brilliant. Up to episode 23 now. :lol: Are there anymore murder mystery anime as good as this, films or series? Please recommend more. :lol:

:lol: I've fallen off considerably and can't rec anything on that level aside from Perfect Blue.

Offline steve_69

• General Member
« Reply #19980 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 03:50:47 PM »
Just started watching Deadwood. I signed up for Now TV to watch the new GoT series and i thought i'd better get my money's worth.
It's pretty good so far (Deadwood, not GoT). Ian McShane is excellent!

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #19981 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 03:52:27 PM »
Did Ian McShane always do good work, or did he go straight from Lovejoy to being in every Prime/Netflix/HBO show? Seems odd.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #19982 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 03:59:05 PM »
Just watched the first 3 episodes of Undercover on Netflix, Dutch/Flemish crime series......not spectacular but pretty decent so far, worth a watch if you like Ozark and the like.

Offline steve_69

• General Member
« Reply #19983 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 04:01:02 PM »
Did Ian McShane always do good work, or did he go straight from Lovejoy to being in every Prime/Netflix/HBO show? Seems odd.

He was great as Lovejoy but i guess his versatility was probably sub-consciously questioned because he made such a convincing cheeky chappie. A bit like when Hugh Laurie went from doing Black Adder to House and The Night Manager. Americans instantly took to him as those serious characters but for us Brits it took a while to get his previous characters out of your mind before you could appreciate how good he was as the new ones. Bit of a long-winded way of saying 'yes' really   :lol:

Online Sima

• General Member
« Reply #19984 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 07:08:21 AM »
Watched the Veep finale last night.  That takedown by Selina on James’ Chief of Staff :lol:

Going to miss it even though the quality dipped significantly after Iannucci left.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #19985 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 08:07:39 AM »

He was great as Lovejoy but i guess his versatility was probably sub-consciously questioned because he made such a convincing cheeky chappie. A bit like when Hugh Laurie went from doing Black Adder to House and The Night Manager. Americans instantly took to him as those serious characters but for us Brits it took a while to get his previous characters out of your mind before you could appreciate how good he was as the new ones. Bit of a long-winded way of saying 'yes' really   :lol:

He'd been acting  for over 20 years before he did Lovejoy, although Lovejoy was his first "major" role, with any longevity. Lovejoy made him a household name, which allowed him to break into s**** US TV. Then he worked for almost another 20 years before he got 'Deadwood'.

Gotta hand it to him, he's a grafter, and probably deserves his success.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #19986 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 01:10:27 PM »
Just finished Series 3 of Line of Duty. So f***ing good, so annoyed its taken this long to get into the show. Some of the best TV I've watched in ages. Will probably go straight into 4 tonight. 1 to 3 have been brilliant does it keep getting better or does it drop off?

Spoiler
[close]
Bearings Straight!

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #19987 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 01:14:46 PM »
Still worth watching for sure but you've seen the best three series already. Agreed that the last twenty minutes of series three are absolutely fantastic.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Online Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #19988 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 01:29:42 PM »
Watched the Veep finale last night.  That takedown by Selina on James’ Chief of Staff :lol:

Going to miss it even though the quality dipped significantly after Iannucci left.

When did Iannucci leave? I've just started watching, think Selina has just become Pres. Series 3ish.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #19989 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 01:43:51 PM »
Still worth watching for sure but you've seen the best three series already. Agreed that the last twenty minutes of series three are absolutely fantastic.

:thup: cheers
Bearings Straight!

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #19990 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 01:52:44 PM »
Just finished Series 3 of Line of Duty. So f***ing good, so annoyed its taken this long to get into the show. Some of the best TV I've watched in ages. Will probably go straight into 4 tonight. 1 to 3 have been brilliant does it keep getting better or does it drop off?

Spoiler
[close]

I's say it's pretty much the same quality throughout, some niggles but it's a top show.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #19991 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 02:11:49 PM »

When did Iannucci leave? I've just started watching, think Selina has just become Pres. Series 3ish.

I'm at the end of season 2 of Veep, and enjoying so far. Some episodes better than others, but overall it's good.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #19992 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 04:40:21 PM »

Thought the whole season was fantastic.  They just embraced modern politics by going completely bonkers.  Richard Splett is probably my favourite comedy character ever.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #19993 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 08:09:48 PM »

Thought the whole season was fantastic. They just embraced modern politics by going completely bonkers.  Richard Splett is probably my favourite comedy character ever.

Let's be honest, that can't be very challenging in this climate. I suppose the hardest part would be recognising when you've gone too far.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19994 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 08:31:08 PM »

Yep. I think Dot Cotton is the best 'villain' they've had

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #19995 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 10:07:11 PM »
Get 'Chernobyl' watched if you can.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #19996 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:22:40 PM »
Saw there was a programme on anxiety on BBC1. Flicked straight off once I saw it was that Nadiya Hussein with another sob story presenting it. She’s transparent as f***. Desperate for a bit more screen time.

What did folk think of the Louis Theroux documentary btw? Caught up with it earlier.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:40:45 PM by toon25 »

« Reply #19997 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:52:59 PM »
:lol: It was good, man. Shouldve sat through it. Important stuff.

Theroux one was heartbreaking.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19998 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 09:14:33 PM »
Watched The Virtues with Stephen Graham and the first episode was grim but really good.

Graham is one of the best actors around at the moment imo

Offline danny

• General Member
« Reply #19999 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 10:30:51 PM »
Just started watching Doom Patrol, a new series from the dc universe looking good so far. Deadpool kinda humour
It comming home.....