Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 651332 times)

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #19800 on: Thursday 4 April 2019, 03:14:17 AM »
The new Twilight Zone. :thup:
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #19801 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 09:59:13 PM »
New VEEP, first 5 minutes :lol: :lol:
Bearings Straight!

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #19802 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 10:03:42 PM »
The Americans season 6
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Gottlob

• General Member
« Reply #19803 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 11:11:59 PM »
Ian McShane and Powers Booths carry the f*** outta this show.

That's an interesting perspective, and I defer to it because I've only recently started watching the show. I'm nearing the end of the first season, and certainly Ian McShane is the essence of Deadwood, while Powers Boothe's character grows into the season after making a late entrance and is starting to show a mixture of surprising crudeness and a ruthlessness that perhaps even surpasses Swearengen's.

But I've enjoyed watching all of the performances so far. Olyphant is enigmatic as Bullock, and I think the character is supposed to be enigmatic. We're kind of used to naturalness as a criteria of good acting, and some of the central characters in Deadwood are very glib, so Olyphant stands out. But I've been intrigued by the ostensible hero of the show turning out to be taciturn, awkward, and with a barely suppressed temper, and I think Olyphant does it all well while still being engaging to watch. Dan and Trixie get nice bits of character development, the doc and the priest really flesh out and give heart to the town - some of the priest's sermons are especially entertaining - and Sol, Jane, and Charlie excel in the tender moments while still being variously wayward and stoic. I've particularly enjoyed watching John Hawkes in such a quiet and contained role, because I'm more familiar with him strung out in films like Winter's Bone.

Online Shak

• General Member
« Reply #19804 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 12:24:07 AM »
Forgot how much I f***ing hated Farnum. :lol:

100%

Powers Boothe has done very well to get mentioned in the same sentence as McShane there IMO. :lol:

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #19805 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 12:54:02 AM »
Forgot how much I f***ing hated Farnum. :lol:

100%

Powers Boothe has done very well to get mentioned in the same sentence as McShane there IMO. :lol:

He’s brilliant imo. McShane is the GOAT but Cy Tolliver is such a perfect ancillary character.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #19806 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 01:02:44 AM »
:lol: Not gonna just let Shak s*** on Powers Boothe. Have a word with yourself, ffs.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Here's that Portuguese wizard battle you ordered.
« Reply #19807 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 01:10:02 AM »
Gerald McRaney put in a decent shift in S3 too imo.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #19808 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 01:19:18 AM »

That's an interesting perspective, and I defer to it because I've only recently started watching the show. I'm nearing the end of the first season, and certainly Ian McShane is the essence of Deadwood, while Powers Boothe's character grows into the season after making a late entrance and is starting to show a mixture of surprising crudeness and a ruthlessness that perhaps even surpasses Swearengen's.

But I've enjoyed watching all of the performances so far. Olyphant is enigmatic as Bullock, and I think the character is supposed to be enigmatic. We're kind of used to naturalness as a criteria of good acting, and some of the central characters in Deadwood are very glib, so Olyphant stands out. But I've been intrigued by the ostensible hero of the show turning out to be taciturn, awkward, and with a barely suppressed temper, and I think Olyphant does it all well while still being engaging to watch. Dan and Trixie get nice bits of character development, the doc and the priest really flesh out and give heart to the town - some of the priest's sermons are especially entertaining - and Sol, Jane, and Charlie excel in the tender moments while still being variously wayward and stoic. I've particularly enjoyed watching John Hawkes in such a quiet and contained role, because I'm more familiar with him strung out in films like Winter's Bone.

Well put. It’s a tremendous cast.

I will say that Cy Tolliver comes into his own in season 2.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Here's that Portuguese wizard battle you ordered.
« Reply #19809 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 01:24:05 AM »
lowkey hyped for mike to eventually watch this :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #19810 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 01:31:28 AM »
:lol: Looking forward to it.

Online Shak

• General Member
« Reply #19811 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 09:39:52 AM »
:lol: Not gonna just let Shak s*** on Powers Boothe. Have a word with yourself, ffs.

Just in the context of the show Deadwood man.

They couldn’t make this upcoming movie if McShane had died. Obviously it’s a pity Boothe is no longer around to play a part but he’s not really integral to the show IMO.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #19812 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 01:42:05 PM »
:lol: Didn't expect a serious answer.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #19813 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 02:50:18 PM »

Just in the context of the show Deadwood man.

They couldn’t make this upcoming movie if McShane had died. Obviously it’s a pity Boothe is no longer around to play a part but he’s not really integral to the show IMO.

You couldn’t make the movie without Bullock either tbf, and I don’t find his character nearly as compelling as Cy Tolliver.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19814 on: Tuesday 9 April 2019, 06:49:19 PM »
Stephen Graham is brilliant in Line of Duty

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #19815 on: Tuesday 9 April 2019, 08:14:36 PM »
Stephen Graham is brilliant in Line of Duty

Yeah, absolutely class in ep 2. Loved the cars and car scenes.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #19816 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 02:02:13 PM »
Just finished both series of Norsemen.
Really enjoyed the humour.
The cast were fantastic.
They've moved across the North Sea to Northumberland, so the next series will be funny.

« Reply #19817 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 09:42:49 PM »
Just started watching fleabag. Cant be having this posh funny, commentating on everything and making faces to the camera after lines thing.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #19818 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 09:44:10 PM »
Just started watching fleabag. Cant be having this posh funny, commentating on everything and making faces to the camera after lines thing.

Keep going it's genuinely brilliant.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #19819 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 09:45:41 PM »

:thup: :clap:

Offline DMC

• General Member
« Reply #19820 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 09:55:39 PM »
I got about 5-10mins into the first episode and had to stop, the constant gurning to the camera got on my nerves.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #19821 on: Thursday 11 April 2019, 09:43:26 AM »
Just seen the final episode yesterday, wow, what a show.

Tbf in the first ten minutes or so I felt a bit like the above but by the end of the first episode I was hooked. Might have helped I only recently started this so got to binge it, not sure I would have stuck at one at time.

Despite not being my type at all the lead actress is immensely attractive  :rose:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #19822 on: Thursday 11 April 2019, 09:59:54 AM »

:thup: :clap:

You're so wrong Mike :lol:

« Reply #19823 on: Thursday 11 April 2019, 10:29:10 AM »
Got 3 episodes in last night. It's good and funny in parts, but the annoying and not funny parts remain. Can see it's good, but don't think it's really my bag.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #19824 on: Thursday 11 April 2019, 12:07:03 PM »
I got about 5-10mins into the first episode and had to stop, the constant gurning to the camera got on my nerves.
This