Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 651497 times)

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #20000 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 11:22:11 PM »
The Hunt for Jihadi John on C4 tonight was very good.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #20001 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 10:56:02 PM »
Another shout for Chernobyl; first two eps were gripping.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #20002 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 11:30:33 PM »
Taskmaster is back. Really like Katie Hopkins' younger, prettier sister.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #20003 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 11:46:19 AM »
Started Barry, first two episodes were decent. High point though was putting it on and my girlfriend deadpan asking me if it was a live action spin-off of Barry from Archer.

Gonna propose next week, she’s a keeper.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #20004 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 11:58:04 AM »
What We Do in the Shadows, it's actually quite good.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #20005 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 01:04:43 PM »
New series called Years and Years on BBC had a decent opening episode. Very similar in style to Black Mirror

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #20006 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 01:56:38 PM »
Started Barry, first two episodes were decent. High point though was putting it on and my girlfriend deadpan asking me if it was a live action spin-off of Barry from Archer.

Archer's back this week, iirc.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #20007 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 02:40:26 PM »

:lol:  Remember a few years back when people would care about that?  It couldn't have gone more downhill if the GoT writers had taken over.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #20008 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 02:47:29 PM »
:lol: Honestly I semi binged the latest season and it was alright.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #20009 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 02:48:02 PM »

:lol:  Remember a few years back when people would care about that?  It couldn't have gone more downhill if the GoT writers had taken over.

no idea what season i got to, left when it was about his dreams or summit and it was a struggle to get to that point
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #20010 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 03:09:05 PM »

:lol:  I switched off after I realised they'd turned Krieger into a parrot for some reason.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #20011 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 03:19:31 PM »

:lol:  I switched off after I realised they'd turned Krieger into a parrot for some reason.

:lol: Honestly all of them lined up in a row over two days? It wasn't bad.

Weekly it was f***ing godawful. I won't dispute.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #20012 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 03:23:49 PM »
Yeah I watched it all over a few days, was alright I thought. More Pam is always a good thing.

I do like the whole idea of a new story and setting every season, the whole spy thing had definitely gone stale. Definitely a long way off what it once obviously.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #20013 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 03:24:52 PM »
Yeah I watched it all over a few days, was alright I thought. More Pam is always a good thing.

I do like the whole idea of a new story and setting every season, the whole spy thing had definitely gone stale. Definitely a long way off what it once obviously.

:lol: Some luck naming their organization ISIS.

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #20014 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:30:11 PM »
This panorama program on Whorlton Hall abuse is heartbreaking. Absolutely unbelievable treatment.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #20015 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:38:09 PM »
Used to work in care homes, my old maw did so for 30 years up until about a decade ago, believe me, they're not even scratching the surface and this has been going on for years in home after home.  She had to retire when she witnessed abuse, reported it to her higher ups (she was fairly high herself), the abuser did get the boot or could have been moved elsewhere, but it was made clear that some members of staff would refuse to work with her and undue pressure was put on her until she had no option but to quit.  She was 67 by that point, so it was clearly her last job.  Basically they were covering up even more abuse, and the higher ups were more than aware of it.  Only reason we know that is because there was some sort of change of ownership, and they cleaned house and contacted her for her side of the story as it looked suspicious her leaving so soon after reporting abuse.

It needs thoroughly brought under the umbrella of the NHS, with strict regulations.  But that'll never happen under this shower of s***. 
« Last Edit: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 11:02:22 PM by BlufPurdi »
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #20016 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:53:54 PM »
They are torturing these poor people. I’ve heard the hospital has been boarded up this afternoon and all staff suspended.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #20017 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:58:59 PM »
Horrific, man.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #20018 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 10:04:01 PM »
How do these things happen, does anyone know?

Do people take these jobs with the intention of abusing vulnerable people or does it develop in them over time when they’re working there?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #20019 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 10:57:38 PM »
I think it develops.  s*** relationship with management and resentment at pay takes its toll.  You work long hours, and probably always a first snap then slowly develops, with the rest of the social factors out of work kicking in.  One nurse where I worked became a heavy alcoholic, started developing a temper, gripping arms tight as f*** leaving bruises but to the credit of the place I was at they did deal with it, but it's easy to see how it could go unmissed.  I'm sure the maw told me that she killed herself in the end.  Not that I'm trying to cry a river for any abuser, but I don't think it starts from an inherent evil.

I haven't watched the thing tonight, for the record, find it too sick.  Read a bit about it though.
« Last Edit: Thursday 23 May 2019, 12:10:32 AM by BlufPurdi »
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #20020 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 12:08:46 AM »
f***ing awful, saw a brief clip on twitter and theres no way I could stomach anymore.
Consider winning

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #20021 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 08:08:43 PM »
'Free Solo' is on Channel 4 at 9pm tonight.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #20022 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 07:54:42 AM »
Caught up with ep.3 of Chernobyl last night.

Very well made series, very gripping and frightening knowing its was real and coudl have been even worse.

Ep.3 was pretty harrowing too, seeing what happened to some of the front end engineers and firemen in such a short timespan since the accident.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #20023 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 05:38:30 PM »
Chernobyl - I love it when Jared Harris' character drops the facts on people. He doesn't sugar coat it. The lead coal miner also dealt in no bullshit.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #20024 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 09:52:14 PM »
Chernobyl - I love it when Jared Harris' character drops the facts on people. He doesn't sugar coat it. The lead coal miner also dealt in no bullshit.
I wasn't expecting to see Trevor's pecker. Probably the most harrowing moment of the series so far.
In all seriousness though, it's a true horror film. Absolutely terrifying to think what some of those caught in the direct aftermath had to go through. Unspeakably grim to go out that way, especially if it dragged on over 3 weeks.