Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 583579 times)

Si and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #19150 on: Tuesday 27 November 2018, 09:41:23 pm »
I think Anne Hegerty is the first reality TV knockout 'competitor' I've actually rooted for since Anthony Hutton on Big Brother and 12 years ago.

Haven't watched any of I'm a Celeb but she was very good on The Chase tonight, last second right answer to deny the win.
Consider winning

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19151 on: Wednesday 28 November 2018, 01:33:30 pm »
Anybody who watched David Attenborough weekend just gone, the lion cubs that were born have both died.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #19152 on: Wednesday 28 November 2018, 01:41:05 pm »
Anybody who watched David Attenborough weekend just gone, the lion cubs that were born have both died.

« Reply #19153 on: Wednesday 28 November 2018, 02:21:56 pm »

:lol: absolute monster
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #19154 on: Thursday 29 November 2018, 10:19:11 pm »
Just watched Operation Iceberg (nature documentary). Very good
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Online Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #19155 on: Friday 30 November 2018, 11:06:44 pm »
US Office. Season 3 has been playing a couple of episodes at a time on one of the comedy channels so stuck it on series link because I've not watched it for a while.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #19156 on: Sunday 2 December 2018, 11:45:06 am »
The Suspicions Of Mr Whicher. I think i’m old now. Didn’t realize that he was a real guy who’s been the inspiration behind a whole load of fictional detectives.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #19157 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 08:05:00 pm »
US Office. Season 3 has been playing a couple of episodes at a time on one of the comedy channels so stuck it on series link because I've not watched it for a while.

Just finishing this off finally as prime has season 9. I mean post Carell the quality does drop off but it’s enjoyable enough, but Jesus it emotionally clobbered me out of nowhere last night.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #19158 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 08:08:55 pm »
Yeah, a few harsh reality moments in that season.  Loved season 8 just for James Spader though, despite the drop post-Carell.  It's one of my favourite sitcoms, up there with the best.  :nods:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #19159 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 08:12:30 pm »
It is class. 9 seasons is a hell of a long run to maintain quality.
Stanley’s did I stutter is still incredible now.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #19160 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 08:40:10 pm »
Yeah, that's a belter of an episode too.  The fake firing. :lol:

We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #19161 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 09:34:50 pm »
Love the episode where Michael burns his foot on a George Foreman grill and Dwight gets a concussion.
Consider winning

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #19162 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 09:46:15 pm »
Just watched Dwights fire drill episode, my god thats funny

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #19163 on: Tuesday 4 December 2018, 02:15:36 pm »
Love the episode where Michael burns his foot on a George Foreman grill and Dwight gets a concussion.

It's when Dwight does the "That's what she said" joke when he's concussed that gets me. Only time in the entire thing that anyone actually laughs at that joke and it's not Michael saying it.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #19164 on: Tuesday 4 December 2018, 02:56:35 pm »
He does it with Wallace later in the series, after Michael makes him take the fall for the Willy Wonka promotion.  Again, the only time anyone laughs at it. :lol:

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19165 on: Yesterday at 11:30:38 am »
Re-watched some Never Mind the Buzzcocks clips recently. Used to love Simon Amstell on there

Online Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #19166 on: Yesterday at 11:36:57 am »
His time there he was probably my favourite presenter of any show like. It’s a shame he’s went off the map a bit.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #19167 on: Yesterday at 11:53:33 am »
He was on Joe Buxton's podcast recently, it was canny good.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #19168 on: Yesterday at 08:25:41 pm »
Re-watched some Never Mind the Buzzcocks clips recently. Used to love Simon Amstell on there
Aye he was great at it, especially dealing with idiots
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

« Reply #19169 on: Yesterday at 08:28:45 pm »
He was mint. Not as good as Lamar, but I really liked his uncompromising attacks on stuff. It was the BBC that ruined it by trying to make it BBC3, red button, pop love in. NMTB was always an alternative music lovers show to take the p*ss out of popular nonsense.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19170 on: Yesterday at 08:34:40 pm »
I prefered Amstell to Lamar. Wasn't keen on Noel Fielding replacing Bill Bailley

« Reply #19171 on: Yesterday at 08:52:22 pm »
I'd rather leave my child in the company of Jimmy Savile peak noncing than sit through 30 minutes of Noel Fielding's "comedy".

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #19172 on: Yesterday at 08:54:21 pm »
Noel Fielding was only good in the mighty boosh, his stand up etc is awful.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • some kind of genetically engineered super jerk
« Reply #19173 on: Yesterday at 08:56:35 pm »
"peak noncing" :lol:

« Reply #19174 on: Yesterday at 08:57:12 pm »
The Mighty Boosh was just as bad.