Author Topic: Formula 1 - RIP Niki Lauda  (Read 210272 times)

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
Re: Formula 1 - RIP Niki Lauda
« Reply #5325 on: Saturday 28 September 2019, 11:42:12 PM »
Call me a cynic but it's funny how Ferrari improved so much over the enforced 3 week no working allowed Summer break.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5326 on: Saturday 28 September 2019, 11:54:01 PM »
Call me a cynic but it's funny how Ferrari improved so much over the enforced 3 week no working allowed Summer break.

It was 4 weeks with a 2 week break.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5327 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:09:52 AM »
Okay, I'd forgotten how long the break was. The article I read said 3 weekends without a GP. Ferrari did some great work in the 2 weeks. They seem to have gone from around 0.3 seconds a lap behind Mercedes to 0.4 ahead. That sort of improvement is unheard of in modern F1.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5328 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:50:20 AM »
Okay, I'd forgotten how long the break was. The article I read said 3 weekends without a GP. Ferrari did some great work in the 2 weeks. They seem to have gone from around 0.3 seconds a lap behind Mercedes to 0.4 ahead. That sort of improvement is unheard of in modern F1.

Their engine departments are allowed to work through the break.

I would say Ferrari have finally got around the issues of their car and set-up.  They should have had 3 wins before this in any-case.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5329 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 02:02:18 PM »
Ferrari shooting themselves in the foot.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5330 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 02:16:58 PM »
Mercedes win the Constructors title (for a record 6 times in a row) and mathematically only Hamilton or Bottas can win the Drivers title.

FIA stewards were lenient on Ferrari again during the race. Moving before the start as Vettel did pretty much always results in a penalty. Leclerc driving a damaged car, which was dangerously shedding carbon fiber (which knocked off one of Hamilton's wing mirrors) and refusing to come into the pits. If the piece of bodywork which hit Hamilton's wing mirror had hit him in the head it could have been a preventable tragedy. The FIA should have flagged Leclerc to come in. After the race (why not during?) they punished Ferrari. A joke $25,000 fine and time penalties for Leclerc so he lost one place.

Offline danny

• General Member
« Reply #5331 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 04:09:42 PM »
Half of the races are bloody lewis on the radio, shutup and drive you pleb. Even the commentators are picking up onit now
It comming home.....

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5332 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 04:11:36 PM »
I'd say he is driving, driving to a 6th world title.

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #5333 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 07:28:21 PM »
Half of the races are bloody lewis on the radio, shutup and drive you pleb. Even the commentators are picking up onit now
They're all on the radio just as much, listen to the radio channels and you'll see. FOM just choose to broadcast his, probably because he's the driver with most to gain/lose. If it was Vettel in first place and on his way to the title, we'd hear him on the radio for "half of the race" too

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #5334 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 07:31:58 PM »
Yeah, it is that.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #5335 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 08:01:53 PM »
Every driver bitches and swears but half of it can’t be broadcast.
LGM