Author Topic: Experiences of depression and anxiety  (Read 107625 times)

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
Re: Experiences of depression and anxiety
« Reply #2050 on: Saturday 5 October 2019, 01:44:37 PM »
It's hard. I've shoved most of it in a box in the back of my head tbf.

I got some really promising news today and the one person who would have appreciated it the most is gone. That s*** almost broke me.

In the immediate aftermath people were like "You'll think about it every day for the rest of your life" and they def weren't lying.

They really f***ing aren't lying, I'd heard that before and was like nah. Then having gone through it never a truer word spoken.

I'm so glad for your news though Mike, celebrate the victories. My plan is to get through Christmas then get my s*** together in the new year. I need to move on from my current job, and find something that makes me happy.

I'm so glad for your news though.

x2. It's twenty years since my mam went and I still know that the way I am is because she did that. Every day. She was a fighter, she taught me f***ing loads. Have a response, have spare stuff, be able to deal with t***s, all that. Y'all might laugh at my mad wife, and my crazy bosses and workmates, but I can only cope with that because she f***ing schooled me. She lived through WWII, her mam dying and her dad f***ing off, being fostered, all that, but was this tough woman.

:lol: I've got several things in my eyes now. Might put Metallica on. Love you all.

That's a lovely post mate, have a listen to this a mate sent it me the other day and it's glorious.

Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2051 on: Saturday 5 October 2019, 01:49:21 PM »
:lol: Bowie never covered Metallica so I've nowt to offer beyond :smitten: to you sted. Hate being in this club.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2052 on: Saturday 5 October 2019, 01:51:46 PM »
:lol: Therapy today. I'm looking forward to introducing myself again. Maybe an accent. Think I'll be French this time.

Online Si

• General Member
« Reply #2053 on: Saturday 5 October 2019, 01:59:57 PM »
:lol: Therapy today. I'm looking forward to introducing myself again. Maybe an accent. Think I'll be French this time.

:lol: let us know how it goes mate. Sure it'll be better this time round.
Bearings Straight!

Online newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #2054 on: Saturday 5 October 2019, 02:02:01 PM »
:lol: Bowie never covered Metallica so I've nowt to offer beyond :smitten: to you sted. Hate being in this club.

You're in Fight Club now, man, you never leave. :(
:) As you were.

Online newsted

• General Member
« Reply #2055 on: Saturday 5 October 2019, 02:03:39 PM »

Spanish, I think you could pass the quiz. GO MIKE!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2056 on: Saturday 5 October 2019, 04:13:24 PM »
She's the type the try it again as patter. :lol: I can feel it in my bones.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #2057 on: Saturday 5 October 2019, 06:27:51 PM »
If you don't dig your therapist, definitely find a new one.

I was very fortunate I found someone I really got on with from the very beginning and it's been really smooth sailing. But even sessions like yesterday - which was a bit all over the place and we covered some really intense and random things - I still trust in her which is essentially me trusting in the process too. If I didn't have that trust in her, it would all be for nothing.

So definitely find someone you get on with and trust. They don't take it personally if you want to find someone else too because they don't want you to have a bad experience and want what's best for you too.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2058 on: Sunday 6 October 2019, 12:41:58 AM »
 :coolsmiley: She remembered me. Solid session.

Online Si

• General Member
« Reply #2059 on: Sunday 6 October 2019, 01:06:53 AM »
Superb.
Bearings Straight!

Online newsted

• General Member
« Reply #2060 on: Sunday 6 October 2019, 07:09:01 AM »
Some s****

That's a lovely post mate

Sorry, man. Forgot to say thanks, you're one of the reasons I'm on here. :thup:

Offline Amir_9

• General Member
« Reply #2061 on: Thursday 10 October 2019, 12:34:38 AM »
Eurgh, been a horrendous 12 months and I feel all therapied out to be honest. I know what not to do and am accepting of the situation as much as I can but anxiety still being a pain.

One week from now I will have been on Sertraline for 3 months daily. Started 50mg and then for the last 4 weeks 100mg.

I can't say I feel like its doing much to lessen the physical symptoms of anxiety or anxiety itself.

I read that it can take upto 4 months for it to take full effect, but surely by 3 months you should be feeling some benefit? I felt better recently but I don't attribute it to Sertraline, its more to do with some reassurances i've received about one of my anxieties.

I know there is mindfulness and yoga, but I honestly wanted to do these things in combination with medication rather than without them.

100mg is the half max dose so surely should be feeling something by now. Will check with Doctor again soon, but has anyone been in a similar situation?

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #2062 on: Thursday 10 October 2019, 10:41:54 AM »
I feel a little exhausted. My youngest son (16 months old) needs surgery at the end of the month. My oldest son (3 and a bit) had similar surgery in January. I acknowledge my selfishness at feeling this way, when the boys are/have been the ones in pain/discomfort.

The process of getting the oldest diagnosed correctly, and having gone round the houses with the NHS was fairly awful and has really depleted my fortitude on this. I am actually really grateful we, ultimately, had access to private healthcare, because I am confident many other families in less privileged circumstances would have been misdiagnosed and the children given up on. Some of the waiting lists we were put on with the NHS exceeded 18 months. Eighteen f***ing months. This isn't a thread for ranting about healthcare and politics, I know, but that's absurd. 

I am thankful we have been to diagnose the issues and remedy quicker this time around, as they are so similar, but I feel as though I am careering my way down a hill with no real grip on the steering wheel and I'm going to drop one of the more important balls I'm juggling. How's that for a garbled metaphor.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2063 on: Thursday 10 October 2019, 11:37:33 AM »
f***'s sake, B. Sending love man. I don't know what else to say. :(

Online Si

• General Member
« Reply #2064 on: Thursday 10 October 2019, 12:02:26 PM »
I can't imagine what that's like, you should be immensely proud of what you've done for your family. Love to you and yours.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #2065 on: Thursday 10 October 2019, 12:30:00 PM »
Thanks both :aww: Anxious about someone I know IRL reading this, for no logical reason. :dontknow:

Not that you're not all real.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #2066 on: Thursday 10 October 2019, 01:15:28 PM »
I'm totally a bot, but still running good thought algorithms for you anyway, Beren. Dealing with kids' health issues has to be one of the most stressful things you can go through. So don't beat yourself up for feeling the strain.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2067 on: Thursday 10 October 2019, 02:15:42 PM »
Not that you're not all real.

:lol: I'm the figment of your imagination that recommends anime and regularly tells you when and how to f*** yourself but even I know when it's time to shower our dude with love and support.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #2068 on: Today at 05:07:07 PM »
Really anxious about a dull pain in my left abdomen.  Been GPs and A&E.  Had blood and urine tests done.  2 doctors have given me a physical exam.  Tests came back clear and the doctors didn't seem at all concerned.  One said it is probably a muscle pull and the other said something about a mild spasm?  Yet, 2 days after visiting A&E, the dull ache is still there - had it for about a week now.  I'm convinced it is major and can't take the reassurances of either doctor seriously.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #2069 on: Today at 05:48:21 PM »
If it's any consolation I know from experience that small abdominal muscle tears can take a good while to heal, mainly I think because it's such an active muscle group it's really hard to rest it properly.