Author Topic: US Election Clusterf*ckstravaganza - Primaries, etc.  (Read 189461 times)

Online cubaricho

• General Member
Re: US Election Clusterf*ckstravaganza - Primaries, etc.
« Reply #7900 on: Today at 04:31:10 PM »
You'd think so. On the flip side seeing Republicans trying argue why paid for healthcare and education is evil will work very well for him (if he gets the nod).

Unfortunately it won't though - if you just look at my quotes from yesterday that's only the tip of the iceberg. People want their own healthcare and for poor people to suffer. They work hard for their healthcare, if poor people would just get off their ass and work they too could have healthcare! The American Dream! :'(
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7901 on: Today at 04:32:30 PM »
Bernie is the best positioned to take down Trump in a debate.  Warren's facts and logic, Biden's Grandpa Simpson rambling and Bloomberg's money won't do it.  The only way to take down a old man shouting at you is with another old man shouting back.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #7902 on: Today at 04:33:09 PM »
Wasn't the 'Trump will destroy Bernie in debates' the same weak rhetoric used to de-legitimize Sanders in 2016? So we got... Hillary?

I guess it's time to get Biden in there with his dry cool wit. He'll take down that quick thinking Trump posthaste.

We got Hilary because she wasn't "threatening" the global elite with massive tax payments. Nothing more.

Biden is never the answer.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #7903 on: Today at 04:33:33 PM »
Bernie is the best positioned to take down Trump in a debate.  Warren's facts and logic, Biden's Grandpa Simpson rambling and Bloomberg's money won't do it.  The only way to take down a old man shouting at you is with another old man shouting back.

Ah, the other American Dream.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7904 on: Today at 04:36:36 PM »
You'd think so. On the flip side seeing Republicans trying argue why paid for healthcare and education is evil will work very well for him (if he gets the nod).

Unfortunately it won't though - if you just look at my quotes from yesterday that's only the tip of the iceberg. People want their own healthcare and for poor people to suffer. They work hard for their healthcare, if poor people would just get off their ass and work they too could have healthcare! The American Dream! :'(

Yes, well there's also that which is somewhat depressing for anyone reading who isn't American.

Additional Q, can Bloomberg pivot to running as an Independent when he loses the nom?

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #7905 on: Today at 04:37:16 PM »
I wonder if the left should stop telling people they're gonna tax the rich, then just get in power and do it anyway? It's not like the right wing ever admit they're going to dismantle the NHS over here, but everyone knows it is their general aim so no one is surprised when they chip away at it. Reckon we need to be more savvy.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #7906 on: Today at 04:38:20 PM »
i mean surely the only worthwhile question in modern western politics is how effective can the rich and dodgy be at manipulating people to vote against their own interests

2016 US vote answer was very
2019 UK GE answer was very

unless they suddenly become s*** at radicalising people who don't understand facebook then it won't matter what two old men shout at each other lets be honest
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #7907 on: Today at 04:40:33 PM »
Additional Q, can Bloomberg pivot to running as an Independent when he loses the nom?

As far as I am aware, yeah he can do that. But he has pledged not to and that if he loses the nomination he will pile all his money in to the candidate that does get the nomination.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7908 on: Today at 04:42:19 PM »

As far as I am aware, yeah he can do that. But he has pledged not to and that if he loses the nomination he will pile all his money in to the candidate that does get the nomination.

Really? I'm shocked. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7909 on: Today at 04:46:37 PM »
He needs to avoid talking about communist regimes for any reason.  Doesn't matter if he has a good point, it'll get used against him regardless.  It's exactly what happened with Corbyn.

Yup. I’m smart enough to see the point he’s trying to make, but your average voter isn’t. And it’s such a nonsensical, dumb little thing to plant your flag on. He doesn’t gain a single voter with the “actually Cuba has done some good things for its people” stance, but he sure as hell alienates Cubans in South Florida with that kind of talk.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7910 on: Today at 04:47:44 PM »

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #7911 on: Today at 05:18:42 PM »
Very good point - mixed response in the comments though :lol:

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #7912 on: Today at 05:22:44 PM »
He needs to avoid talking about communist regimes for any reason.  Doesn't matter if he has a good point, it'll get used against him regardless.  It's exactly what happened with Corbyn.

Yup. I’m smart enough to see the point he’s trying to make, but your average voter isn’t. And it’s such a nonsensical, dumb little thing to plant your flag on. He doesn’t gain a single voter with the “actually Cuba has done some good things for its people” stance, but he sure as hell alienates Cubans in South Florida with that kind of talk.

Agreed it is pretty stupid of him to go down that path. It just irritates me to no end how f***ing myopic most people are. President Camacho would be too good for us.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #7913 on: Today at 05:25:36 PM »

:lol: I'm convinced the person responsible for this tweet is a Sanders voter.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
« Reply #7914 on: Today at 05:34:41 PM »
:lol: :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #7915 on: Today at 05:42:58 PM »
:lol: Oh that s*** 100 percent never happened the way they say.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #7916 on: Today at 06:43:37 PM »
Nevertheless, way to go, Youngstown!
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7917 on: Today at 06:48:59 PM »
:lol:  A billionaire trying to play the victim card in Flint, MI of all places.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7918 on: Today at 06:56:17 PM »

:lol:

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #7919 on: Today at 07:31:18 PM »
I know lives and futures are at stake blah blah blah, but that last Dem debate was entertainment right out the top drawer. When is the next one? I have an NFL-shaped hole in my viewing calendar in the wee hours.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7920 on: Today at 07:33:01 PM »
There's probably one tonight.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #7921 on: Today at 07:38:28 PM »
There is one tonight.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Online B-more Mag

• General Member
« Reply #7922 on: Today at 08:44:50 PM »
We've gotta stop having two year plus election cycles.