Author Topic: Guitarists  (Read 38023 times)

Offline LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Resident Star Wars Nut. Also Book w*****.
Re: Guitarists
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 09:04:43 PM »
Got a Squier Strat (sunburst) and a Gibson SG (ebony) for sale if anyone wants them.

I've give you a tenner for your Gibson SG.
£10.50!

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 09:10:17 PM »
I play a Gibson Les Paul (that I got for $400 because my friend was in a bind and needed to sell it to someone he knew would take care of it) and I also play a first year Ovation that was my father's first guitar he bought and gave to me when I moved to University.  I also have a Squire that never sees the light of day (first guitar) and a Sears Silvertone that rarely gets played and is primarily for decoration.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

firetotheworks

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 09:20:41 PM »

I love almost everything about it, although I should probably get it setup nicely. The action on it is surpassed by my Epiphone SG, weirdly.

Alan Shearer 9

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 09:34:41 PM »
I've heard Strats vary greatly in playability, unfortunately not had the chance to get to know one. It's all about the whammy though buddy.

Offline LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 09:42:28 PM »
I've heard Strats vary greatly in playability, unfortunately not had the chance to get to know one. It's all about the whammy though buddy.
Never played a Fender that has come close to a Gibson Les Paul

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 09:50:09 PM »

Think all guitars vary, tbh. I've played Les Pauls that aren't worth anywhere near the price they ask. Similarly, when I was looking at Teles a couple years back I went through almost every one in the shop before I hit on one that I thought was really worth the dough.

Offline LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 09:52:09 PM »

Think all guitars vary, tbh. I've played Les Pauls that aren't worth anywhere near the price they ask. Similarly, when I was looking at Teles a couple years back I went through almost every one in the shop before I hit on one that I thought was really worth the dough.
I've played a nice Tele but the nicest i've played was a 1997 Gibson Les Paul Custom (white). It was unreal.

Offline Weezertron

• General Member
  • I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 10:53:00 PM »

I love almost everything about it, although I should probably get it setup nicely. The action on it is surpassed by my Epiphone SG, weirdly.

Is that your actual strat? I don't remember the paint job being worn on the arm rest. Pretty class if that has happened naturally.

cfhpantera27

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 11:25:25 PM »
this is my beast, great sound off it considering all i payed for it,
basicly the bass version of Dimebag's (Pantera) guitar, Dean ML

I love it, good job i'm in a metal band tho, wouldnt look too good in an indy set-up  :cheesy:

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 29 July 2009, 09:03:36 AM »
Got a Squier Strat (sunburst) and a Gibson SG (ebony) for sale if anyone wants them.

I've give you a tenner for your Gibson SG.
£10.50!

:nope:

Stephen927

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 29 July 2009, 09:38:12 AM »
That cover is Johnny B Goode is pretty sweet, which one are you Hindu times?

Can't help but think of Back to the Future watching that video.

Stephen927

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 29 July 2009, 09:59:40 AM »
That cover is Johnny B Goode is pretty sweet, which one are you Hindu times?

Can't help but think of Back to the Future watching that video.

Front and centre  :lol:. The guy on the right playing all of the insane acoustic solos is my lead guitarist buddy Athol Cassidy. The guy on the left is guesting on this song, and his name's Rob Howe.

The solos were brilliant, he made it look very easy.

Any more videos mate? Enjoyed that one.

Offline nobby_solano

• General Member
  • #4 - always!
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 29 July 2009, 10:16:26 AM »
this is my beast, great sound off it considering all i payed for it,
basicly the bass version of Dimebag's (Pantera) guitar, Dean ML

I love it, good job i'm in a metal band tho, wouldnt look too good in an indy set-up  :cheesy:

that's fuckin' well nice dude! :)

just out of interest how much would you want for the SG?

here's are my guitars. the one i use most is the 'fat' strat. i just bought a digitech scott ian black 13 pedal last week, got a really nice thick distortion on it.

here's my amp too

lemon curry?!

firetotheworks

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 29 July 2009, 06:45:38 PM »

Why would it? They have a completely different tone. Its like comparing Bread with Ice Cream. Just because they're because they're both food, it doesnt mean they should have the same taste.

firetotheworks

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 29 July 2009, 06:46:36 PM »

Is that your actual strat? I don't remember the paint job being worn on the arm rest. Pretty class if that has happened naturally.

Nah, its not mine. I just typed in USA Strat into google and used a photo. I havent played mine for a while actually. Im getting the itch.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 29 July 2009, 06:51:05 PM »

just out of interest how much would you want for the SG?

I've got no idea how much it'd be worth.  :blush: I paid about £550 for it like 3 or 4 years ago and have barely used it, I'd ask a mate who knows more than me how much they think I should ask for, if anyone was interested.

Offline LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 29 July 2009, 08:42:08 PM »

Why would it? They have a completely different tone. Its like comparing Bread with Ice Cream. Just because they're because they're both food, it doesnt mean they should have the same taste.
I'm not saying they should sound the same or feel the same. I'm saying that the guitar i find more comfortable is a Gibson Les Paul

firetotheworks

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 29 July 2009, 08:44:47 PM »

I'm not saying they should sound the same or feel the same. I'm saying that the guitar i find more comfortable is a Gibson Les Paul

No you're not. I know what you're saying...and I dont like it!...nah O.K then, fair enough mate.  :thup:

cfhpantera27

« Reply #68 on: Thursday 30 July 2009, 03:56:38 PM »
cheers nobby  O0
alreetlike, that SG is sexy, if only i had the ablitiy to play 6 string (and the cash)  :no:

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #69 on: Sunday 2 August 2009, 07:59:51 AM »
My Gear:

Guitars:
Ibanez JS1000
Peavy Wolfgang (Neck is a bit knackered after spin attack of doom into my stack... which also broke the cab)
Epiphone Les Paul (Ah how I love thee guitar of learning - heavy as f*** though weight wise)

AMP:
Marshal DSL
Marshal Cab (Borkened)

FXzzz
Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 Delay
zvex Fuzz Factory
MXR Distortion+
Crybaby Wah

Favourite Guitarist:
Matt Bellamy
Tom Morello
Jeff Buckley

As if you couldn't tell by the fx rig.

I should have some pictures somewhere of my gear, haven't gigged in a while as the Newcastle scene is pretty weak for the type of band I'm looking for. Too many Libertine or Emo Goth Mong bands :(

Music:
http://wjb.dmusic.com/
http://www.ilike.com/artist/Chris+Kilburn/songs

Mostly just drafts for ideas of songs I was doing with my old band, I'll see if I can find and rip the one CD we did!

Online Lotus

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Monday 3 August 2009, 12:48:35 PM »
Been playing G&L Legacy lately.

Also have a Musicman Axis and a Lace Cybercaster amongst a couple of others.

Only acoustic i've got is a Gibson Dove, similar to AS9's but it's got a Dove on it! Mine's a 1969 though, so a couple of years older.
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.

Offline Neil

• General Member
  • The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #71 on: Monday 3 August 2009, 12:53:21 PM »
Got my Fender in the corner and I really oughta use it more. Got a Tanglewood acoustic I play more regularly like, think I'll make more of an effort to use it more over the coming weeks and months.

Matt Bellamy is my answer in terms of famous guitarists. But that's perhaps more the fact that for my era of growing up, i.e. born in 1990, he is a standout musician; very rarely can someone sing, play guitar, piano and write music quite so brilliantly.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 15 August 2009, 04:21:49 PM »
Just been playing/re-learning some old Megadeth songs for old-time's sake. That is some hard s***. And it means you can't play anything else but insane, 100mph thrash for the rest of the day. :lol:

Online Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 15 August 2009, 04:40:46 PM »
Got a bid in for a PRS.  I hope i can get it.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Friday 21 August 2009, 11:53:29 AM »

I'm looking to get rid of my Guild 12 string, but I can't be bothered with the hassle of an online sale and while I don't want a great deal for it, I don't want to drive all the way to some shitehole like Cash Converters to be told that my £560RRP guitar is now worth £35 :)

Does anyone know of any guitar shops around Newcastle which will make me a reasonable offer for this sort of thing, or is the horror of ebay my best bet?

http://www.myspace.com/guitarshopnewcastle

?