Author Topic: Guitarists  (Read 32926 times)

Alan Shearer 9

Re: Guitarists
« Reply #25 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 10:58:19 PM »
yeah buddy

Offline Weezertron

• General Member
  • I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #26 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:05:47 PM »
Nice playing Yorkie!

It's quite cool and surprising how many musicians we have here.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #27 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:06:19 PM »
Anyone else got a Youtube with them playing?

Alan Shearer 9

« Reply #28 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:06:25 PM »
Nice playing Yorkie!

It's quite cool and surprising how many musicians we have here.

'musicians' is probably being a bit generous like.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #29 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:09:07 PM »
My motley collection of cheapos and hand-me-downs:

Plus a few more stuffed under the bed and that: a cheap nylon I bought in Barca and a Squire bass my mate gave me.

Not jealous of any of you lads at all. :lol:

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:18:08 PM »
I play bass. Here's a video of our band a good while ago. 

I play a bass identical to this. It's pretty class.

Offline LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Resident Star Wars Nut. Also Book w*****.
« Reply #31 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:23:02 PM »

Yer singer's not an Ian Browne fan at all is he? ;D

Quite good though

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #32 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:27:21 PM »

Quite good though

He certainly is. He's passed the stage of acting like him when were playing now though. Think he just did it when he was nervous and off his face. Goes all monkeyish.

Online John P

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:29:27 PM »

Quite good though

He certainly is. He's passed the stage of acting like him when were playing now though. Think he just did it when he was nervous and off his face. Goes all monkeyish.

What exact model is that bass and how much was it by the way? Im a bassist in a band (emergency bassist as I originally just played guitar) and I need to upgrade from my shitty £30 bass off ebay!

Offline LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #34 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:29:59 PM »
Anyone else got a Youtube with them playing?
I can up a cover of Don't Look Back In Anger if you want?

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:34:28 PM »

Quite good though

What exact model is that bass and how much was it by the way? Im a bassist in a band (emergency bassist as I originally just played guitar) and I need to upgrade from my shitty £30 bass off ebay!

It's a cherry red epiphone Rivoli. Mine is a 1996 model. they don't make them anymore, only were produced int he 60s and 90s. The 60s model which is better will go for around £1200-£3000. I got the 90s one for about £500 off ebay a few years ago and put in a 60s pick-up that I bought for about £40. Was fairly easy to install and made it sound really nice. The only thing is these are really distinctive sounding basses and you can't change the sound too much. I would recommend the Epiphone Jack Cassidy if you want something similar but more versatile. BRMC and loads of 60s bands used the Rivoli.

Offline LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #36 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:37:53 PM »

Quite good though

It's a cherry red epiphone Rivoli. Mine is a 1996 model. they don't make them anymore, only were produced int he 60s and 90s. The 60s model which is better will go for around £1200-£3000. I got the 90s one for about £500 off ebay a few years ago and put in a 60s pick-up that I bought for about £40. Was fairly easy to install and made it sound really nice. The only thing is these are really distinctive sounding basses and you can't change the sound too much. I would recommend the Epiphone Jack Cassidy if you want something similar but more versatile. BRMC and loads of 60s bands used the Rivoli.

Epiphone Thunderbirds are nice bass guitars aswell.

Online John P

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:39:39 PM »

Quite good though

Nice one, cheers for the info. Everyone in our band loves BRMC and we sort of have a bit of influence from them in our songs (just nowhere near as good though obviously!) Sounded good on the vid of yours but I might go for the Jack Cassidy or something similar if its more versatile. Do you play gigs locally in Newcastle then?

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:45:25 PM »

Quite good though

Nice one, cheers for the info. Everyone in our band loves BRMC and we sort of have a bit of influence from them in our songs (just nowhere near as good though obviously!) Sounded good on the vid of yours but I might go for the Jack Cassidy or something similar if its more versatile. Do you play gigs locally in Newcastle then?

Nah I'm Scottish, just been playing in the highlands and islands recently, used to be in Glasgow. Would like to play in Newcastle sometime, trying to conquer the sprawling metropolis of Inverness first though! Might have a support slot lined up with Shed Seven in November which would be great. Might not come off though will have to wait and see. Aye if your in a BRMC sounding band I'd go for a distinct sounding bass. Most of these hollowbodys are. Ampeg amps never fail either.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:55:50 PM »
Speaking of guitars and that, anyone remember this failed project? http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,39415.0.html

If anyone fancies it, the backing track is here, I believe: http://www.mediafire.com/?mz0qwnniy5n

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #40 on: Monday 27 July 2009, 11:59:00 PM »
Don't think i've got the patience for a 12-string, like. :razz:

Don't half hurt your fingers.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 12:08:07 AM »
Almost forgot my acoustic

It's cheap but with Martin's strings it isn't that bad for it's price.

Online John P

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 12:10:24 AM »
So is there any people on here in a band based in Newcastle? Im sensing a Newcastle-Online Festival 2009

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 12:11:58 AM »
So is there any people on here in a band based in Newcastle? Im sensing a Newcastle-Online Festival 2009

Not really a band, but I have some mates I jam with from time to time. Although we do play a rather tasty Final Countdown.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 01:26:34 AM »

Ovation Electro-acoustic

Both very nice, through a Vox, a Marshall or a Marshall sampler thingy
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 07:20:19 AM »
My acoustic

I've got a very, very cheap Yamaha too - my first guitar.

And my electric when it comes into the local store in about 6 months... hopefully, anyway.

Also got an Epiphone Custom Les Paul but the one of the pickups has been f***ed for two years.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 12:29:05 PM »
Got a Squier Strat (sunburst) and a Gibson SG (ebony) for sale if anyone wants them.

Offline Lenny

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 02:42:25 PM »
My electric guitar:

Just need to get decent at it now...

Also have a cheap ovation style acoustic.

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 07:10:37 PM »
One of these for my nylon fix

One of these for my steel fix

One of these for my 12-string fix

That's all :)

Ameobi couldnt hit a cows arse with any of em.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 28 July 2009, 08:55:59 PM »
Got a Squier Strat (sunburst) and a Gibson SG (ebony) for sale if anyone wants them.

I've give you a tenner for your Gibson SG.