Author Topic: Ireland  (Read 48276 times)

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
Re: Ireland
« Reply #1000 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 09:05:53 PM »
The ” Come out ye Black and Tans” stuff is clearly a reference to the governments idiotic recent idea to commemorate the RIC. The minister saying “up the ra” is less defendable.

Had to google RIC after it being mentioned again. Good f***ing grief, what on earth possessed them to suggest such a thing? :lol:

They're upper class West Brits. They are not even that bad at running the country but they are utterly awful at gauging the mood of the people
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #1001 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 09:15:22 PM »
Learned more about Ireland in a few days than my whole life. Liked to think I knew something too because I followed NI more than the average Brit. :blush: :lol:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1002 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 09:18:26 PM »
The ” Come out ye Black and Tans” stuff is clearly a reference to the governments idiotic recent idea to commemorate the RIC. The minister saying “up the ra” is less defendable.

Had to google RIC after it being mentioned again. Good f***ing grief, what on earth possessed them to suggest such a thing? :lol:

They're upper class West Brits. They are not even that bad at running the country but they are utterly awful at gauging the mood of the people
not even sure thats FG in general or just Varadkars leadership in particular since they seemed to have gotten a lot more tone deaf since Kenny left

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #1003 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 11:19:56 PM »
Learned more about Ireland in a few days than my whole life. Liked to think I knew something too because I followed NI more than the average Brit. :blush: :lol:

Thanks to an Irish girlfriend and an Irish sponsor I'm taking way more of an interest in this thread lately. :lol:

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #1004 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 10:29:07 AM »

:lol: Aye, I've loads of Norn mates but know next to nowt about the Republic.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1005 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 11:31:35 AM »
eh to be fair even being born down here I struggle to understand many things about politics the main thing being the existence and continued success of the Healy-Raes

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1006 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 01:56:45 PM »

:lol: Aye, I've loads of Norn mates but know next to nowt about the Republic.

Same thing mate.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #1007 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 02:41:29 PM »

Good Second Captains about this a few weeks ago, they put it on the free feed.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • Newry, NI
« Reply #1008 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 03:33:25 PM »
The RIC only dissolved in name only a century ago, in reality, it only disbanded properly in its entirety less than 20 years ago. Still fresh enough in the memory for a lot of people.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #1009 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 03:47:04 PM »

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #1010 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 03:49:30 PM »
Massively Staunch more like.