Author Topic: Ireland  (Read 49213 times)

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
Re: Ireland
« Reply #975 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:27:45 PM »
:lol:
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #976 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:33:01 PM »
[emoji38]
Bearings Straight!

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #977 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:48:44 PM »
Coalition with Sinn Fein to come? Unity referendum?

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #978 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:54:09 PM »
FF FG coalition I’d guess.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #979 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:54:24 PM »
Coalition with Sinn Fein to come? Unity referendum?

SF don't have enough candidates running to be the biggest party. Both other parties have ruled out going in with them but that could change now. It would be a major mistake by FF and FG to let SF be the main opposition party for 5 years

SF are on 31% in the 18-35 age range on the exit poll and that will only grow in opposition
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #980 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:57:49 PM »
I’d like to see FF SF personally.

Online jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #981 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 10:48:40 AM »
SF won't want to go into government they'll want another election asap where they could run more candidates

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #982 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 04:38:16 PM »
SF expected to get 35+ wins from 42 contested? Thats insane  :lol:

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #983 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 04:55:16 PM »
SF expected to get 35+ wins from 42 contested? Thats insane  :lol:
They're winning seats where I never thought they'd win seats, including my own constituency
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #984 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 05:10:41 PM »
They just topped the polls in Varadkar's district.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Online jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #985 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 05:15:28 PM »
Varadkar not even getting a running mate in which never happened with a sitting taoiseach. Honestly think we'll be back voting before years end

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #986 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 05:18:18 PM »
Yup, maybe even in a few months.

Online jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #987 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 05:20:23 PM »
on the other hand I was convinced we'd be voting again any month now for the last 4 years since 2016 election but were I SF I'd be looking at avoiding going into government atm at all costs citing whatever excuse they can up with so they can try again with more candidates. Whether that would backfire or not who knows

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #988 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 11:10:15 PM »
Not followed here, but have on twitter. Loving the hot take that Varadkar is being punished for his anti-Brexit/British stance by voting for SF. :lol:

That's all, sorry if already been discussed in here, imagine it probably has. :blush: :aww:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Online jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #989 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 09:06:29 AM »
Not followed here, but have on twitter. Loving the hot take that Varadkar is being punished for his anti-Brexit/British stance by voting for SF. :lol:

That's all, sorry if already been discussed in here, imagine it probably has. :blush: :aww:
eh right before the election was called there was a political own goal where Varadkar and co wanted to commemerate the RIC as part of the centenary commemorations and that went down like a lead balloon and eventually backtracked on. But the bigger factor was them being in government for 9 years and public services being a disaster in particular housing and the health service and SF seemed to catch lightning in a bottle this time by just saying we're not FF or FG. Doubt it will repeat itself if SF go into government but if theres another election this year they will be the largest party in the dail. 

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #990 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 07:15:14 PM »
Totally modernised Sinn Fein singing "Come Out Ye Black and Tans" at the count

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #991 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 07:46:33 PM »
Totally modernised Sinn Fein singing "Come Out Ye Black and Tans" at the count

SF in debates and the media pre election: Stop bringing up the IRA
SF after the election:
Singing about the IRA

They are by far the party most in line with my views but they still have so many idiots

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #992 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 08:00:07 PM »
:lol: Try the Shinners up here, they're all ex-IRA and share pictures reminiscing of their prison days on Facebook.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #993 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 08:16:39 PM »
So aside from Reunification what are Sinn Fein like politically?

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #994 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 08:29:24 PM »
The ” Come out ye Black and Tans” stuff is clearly a reference to the governments idiotic recent idea to commemorate the RIC. The minister saying “up the ra” is less defendable.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #995 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 08:32:36 PM »

More liberal, less conservative. In the north they are the voice of reason in government because the opposition thinks the world is 6000 years old.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #996 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 08:37:58 PM »

Most left party of any consequence in Ireland

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #997 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 08:54:29 PM »
Watching Mary Lou's interviews today I think there's a strong chance Sinn Fein might try for a second election with them running more candidates if the will isnt there for a government without FG and FF. RTE have said Sinn Fein could have pulled 11 more seats had they ran more candidates.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #998 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 08:55:18 PM »
The ” Come out ye Black and Tans” stuff is clearly a reference to the governments idiotic recent idea to commemorate the RIC. The minister saying “up the ra” is less defendable.

Had to google RIC after it being mentioned again. Good f***ing grief, what on earth possessed them to suggest such a thing? :lol:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #999 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 09:05:09 PM »
They’re completely tone deaf and always have been. Ashamed to have any republican tendencies.