Author Topic: Ireland  (Read 48217 times)

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
Re: Northern (and Southern) Ireland
« Reply #950 on: Friday 9 June 2017, 02:08:02 PM »
SF still not taking up their seats in Westminster? 

Won't ever happen, even to go against the DUP.  Goes against everything the party stands for.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • Newry, NI
« Reply #951 on: Friday 9 June 2017, 02:11:40 PM »
Sinn Fein will definitely not take their seats.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Not you. Me.
« Reply #952 on: Friday 9 June 2017, 02:13:19 PM »
Probably not ideal for Corbs rep if he needs Sinn Fein to have his back like

Offline JB

• General Member
« Reply #953 on: Friday 9 June 2017, 03:25:40 PM »
I'm proper wet now. Want stifler to hockle on is.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #954 on: Friday 9 June 2017, 03:31:13 PM »
The Irish border debate is going to be "interesting".

Offline Toon Hoser

• General Member
« Reply #955 on: Wednesday 6 September 2017, 03:19:06 AM »
/video/1

Online chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #956 on: Friday 24 November 2017, 09:06:05 PM »
Just booked my flights to Belfast for the Christmas market £52 return to get from Stanley to Newcastle in a Ford Mondeo and £30 return to get from Newcastle to Belfast in a jet.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #957 on: Monday 27 November 2017, 09:42:43 PM »
Looking like an election on the way. That timing :lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #958 on: Monday 27 November 2017, 09:46:10 PM »
how and why the f*** she hasn't just been sacked/resigned to stop this is beyond me

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #959 on: Monday 27 November 2017, 09:47:22 PM »
how and why the f*** she hasn't just been sacked/resigned to stop this is beyond me
Its time for the soldiers of destiny to return
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #960 on: Monday 27 November 2017, 09:53:10 PM »
probably be another hung dail so there's that insanity to look forward to unless this thing hurts FG a lot more than I think it will. And right in the middle of the brexit nonsense. Christ this country.

Offline Toon Hoser

• General Member
« Reply #961 on: Tuesday 6 February 2018, 11:14:54 PM »
Meanwhile, back at that house in Ireland...   :lol:

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • Newry, NI
« Reply #962 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 06:02:23 PM »
So direct rule then.

How's this going to work with the 10 DUP MPs in Westminster? Surely that's a conflict of interest with the Good Friday Agreement? The only way non-assembly rule will work is if there's some sort of council making the decisions in Westminster and not the Gov under the influence of their DUP masters. Either that or joint rule of course but that would mean May losing her 10 DUP seats.

When's all this s*** going to come to a head? These DUP MPs are f***ing everything up, there has to be another election before all this (Brexit included) concludes?

Offline Coco

• General Member
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #963 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 06:30:57 PM »
It's a clusterfuck. But this is what happens when the two largest parties back themselves into a corner and refuse to make any attempt to do their f***ing jobs. An election here won't really solve anything, as you'd expect each of them to keep most, if not all their seats. It's depressing and all too familiar. All that seems to matter is flegs and cultural identity. Normal, sensible people are getting f***ed over but seemingly are content to see it happen, just so the other side don't "win".
C won't believe us. But this is classic him.

CLASSIC Coco.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • Newry, NI
« Reply #964 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 06:39:02 PM »
Conor Murphy on Newsline saying direct rule isnt an option and they are meeting both governments tomorrow. There's talk of another election. What does that achieve? :lol: Elect the same c***s again to start the process over again. Another election = stalemate, direct rule = unionist rule, the only option is joint rule and the DUP being told to lump it until they can come together with Sinn Fein.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #965 on: Tuesday 10 April 2018, 04:04:46 PM »
20 years since the Good Friday Agreement. I remember watching the news cameras outside Stormont and all the politicians inside pacing the room looking exhausted.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #966 on: Saturday 4 August 2018, 03:46:47 PM »
Hockey’s coming home

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • Newry, NI
« Reply #967 on: Wednesday 24 October 2018, 05:59:13 AM »
Heading to Derry for Halloween. I hear its fantastic up there for it. Anyone been?

Offline Coco

• General Member
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Ireland
« Reply #968 on: Wednesday 24 October 2018, 07:33:06 AM »
It's usually good craic but I haven't been out in years. Two important questions. Where are you going? And what are you going as?

CLASSIC Coco.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • Newry, NI
« Reply #969 on: Thursday 25 October 2018, 07:27:54 AM »
Staying in the Travel Lodge in the city centre. Dunno yet what the craic is, probably some generic costume at this stage though.

Offline Coco

• General Member
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #970 on: Thursday 25 October 2018, 10:54:28 PM »
I don't even know where to recommend. Sandino's if you're looking for a nightclub type thing, or Peadar's/The Gweedore for a good pub. The town will be rammed, so expect loads of drunk kids wandering aimlessly. I'm not sure what this year's overplayed costume will be, possibly Trump?

CLASSIC Coco.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #971 on: Friday 26 October 2018, 10:25:32 PM »
Cakewalk for Higgins? I was worried when I read about the low turnout that it would result in a Casey win. Suppose he should’ve started abusing the Travellers earlier in the campaign.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #972 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 10:37:19 AM »
Saoradh blaming everyone (including the victim) for the murder of a journalist apart from the scally firing a handgun all over the place.  :rolleyes:

The death of Lyra McKee in Derry – Saoradh Statement
By admin April 19, 2019

Last night, in the latest in a series of attacks, heavily armed Crown Forces were sent into Creggan to attack Republicans in.advance of upcoming Easter Rising Commemorations. The purpose of this incursion has been confirmed this morning by PSNI/RUC Commander Mark Hamilton. As per usual, nothing was found and this incursion was utterly futile and pointless.

The Crown Forces have waged a campaign of oppression in Republican Derry, and the community has endured ongoing State Violence in the area, with deafening silence from the political establishment representatives in the area. Saoradh has not shied away from highlighting this, including attacks on our members. In doing so we have continually gave our analysis that this oppression would inevitably be met with resistance, as has historically been the case.

The inevitable reaction to such an incursion was resistance from the youth of Creggan. The blame for last night lies squarely at the feet of the British Crown Forces, who sought to grab headlines and engineered confrontation with the community.

During this attack on the community, a Republican Volunteer attempted to defend people from the PSNI/RUC. Tragically a young journalist covering the events, Lyra McKee, was killed accidentally while standing behind armed Crown Force personnel and armoured vehicles.

This outcome is heartbreaking and we extend our sincerest sympathy to the family, friends and loved ones of the deceased.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #973 on: Friday 19 April 2019, 10:43:26 AM »
Saoradh blaming everyone (including the victim) for the murder of a journalist apart from the scally firing a handgun all over the place.  :rolleyes:

The death of Lyra McKee in Derry – Saoradh Statement
By admin April 19, 2019

Last night, in the latest in a series of attacks, heavily armed Crown Forces were sent into Creggan to attack Republicans in.advance of upcoming Easter Rising Commemorations. The purpose of this incursion has been confirmed this morning by PSNI/RUC Commander Mark Hamilton. As per usual, nothing was found and this incursion was utterly futile and pointless.

The Crown Forces have waged a campaign of oppression in Republican Derry, and the community has endured ongoing State Violence in the area, with deafening silence from the political establishment representatives in the area. Saoradh has not shied away from highlighting this, including attacks on our members. In doing so we have continually gave our analysis that this oppression would inevitably be met with resistance, as has historically been the case.

The inevitable reaction to such an incursion was resistance from the youth of Creggan. The blame for last night lies squarely at the feet of the British Crown Forces, who sought to grab headlines and engineered confrontation with the community.

During this attack on the community, a Republican Volunteer attempted to defend people from the PSNI/RUC. Tragically a young journalist covering the events, Lyra McKee, was killed accidentally while standing behind armed Crown Force personnel and armoured vehicles.

This outcome is heartbreaking and we extend our sincerest sympathy to the family, friends and loved ones of the deceased.

Just read about that on I news. Different angle;

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/northern-irish-journalist-lyra-mckee-shot-dead-in-terrorist-incident/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=ijp&fbclid=IwAR1N46tDxVgulznVYl0bp8gS4_bDeq6IDz59Nlg0KLoWIwjmCeVcYK5c2HU

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #974 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:03:43 PM »
Exit poll in general election:

FG: 22.4%
SF: 22.3%
FF: 22.2%

Holy f*** :lol: