Author Topic: The Stupid things your Lass has said thread  (Read 200004 times)

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
Re: The Stupid things your Lass has said thread.
« Reply #1175 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 12:39:09 PM »
And it's not an "attitude" ffs, it's an admittance that I don't fully understand why some words are considered offensive whilst others aren't.

EDIT: Fair enough it probably is an attitude, but so f***, I don't really care :lol:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #1176 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 02:15:48 PM »
And it's not an "attitude" ffs, it's an admittance that I don't fully understand why some words are considered offensive whilst others aren't.

EDIT: Fair enough it probably is an attitude, but so f***, I don't really care :lol:

:lol:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #1177 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 02:32:00 PM »

Sorry, I actually know what you mean, I just think it's a bit scary that you feel OK about going along with something just because you hear other people doing it.

FWIW I thought sp***** was wrong as well, I stopped saying it when I was about 11.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1178 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 02:43:18 PM »
sp*****'s a new one for me. We just always used 'retard' growing up (and never to actual retards, just when your mate was being, well, a retard.)

Offline Dr Colossus

• General Member
  • (2nd) Best Newcomer 2012
« Reply #1179 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 02:45:10 PM »
sp*****'s a new one for me. We just always used 'retard' growing up (and never to actual retards, just when your mate was being, well, a retard.)

"That guy, is a re-tard."  :lol:

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #1180 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 02:45:37 PM »

The term sp***** has grown into the same thing, for when one of your mates is being a total dick or some person is being a massive dick.

The meaning of sp***** has changed, tho i can understand if its taken as offence.

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #1181 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 03:00:50 PM »
why are people called spanners and tools but not hammers or screwdrivers?

If you can have a spade why not a fork?

granted thers hoes and rakes like.

Offline Belfast Mags

• General Member
« Reply #1182 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 03:04:08 PM »

Calling someone retarded is massively un-PC but I must confess, it's one of my favourite put downs  :undecided:
Quote from: Mike
Am I really coming out of this thread the biggest asshole again?
:snod:

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1183 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 03:16:29 PM »

Calling someone retarded is massively un-PC but I must confess, it's one of my favourite put downs  :undecided:

I have to admit, my go-to growing up was f*ggot. Just fits so well to describe the douchiest of dickheads. Never meant it as or would've used it as a slur towards gays.

I don't dare use it anymore. Quite a few of my mates are gay, hurts 'em when they hear it. Right up there with the n-word tbh.

But come on, this is hilarious:

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #1184 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:00:29 PM »
I only learnt the word chinky was racist when it was discussed on this forum, used to use it all the time before  :blush:

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #1185 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:07:26 PM »
I only learnt the word chinky was racist when it was discussed on this forum, used to use it all the time before  :blush:
is it ? guess i'll have to stop using it. don't think i've ever heard it used derogatorily (?) like 'paki'.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #1186 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:08:28 PM »
My lass asked me if this was a real photo when she saw it posted on my Facebook the other day:

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #1187 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:09:15 PM »

i hope you said yes

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #1188 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:12:38 PM »
:lol: I showed her the fat lass running away meme and she turned it around on me and implied very heavily that I was a f***ing dweeb.

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #1189 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
:lol: I showed her the fat lass running away meme and she turned it around on me and implied very heavily that I was a f***ing dweeb.

Its all backfiring on me now, Ive took the p*ss so much, and told her so many stupid made up things, that If I want to discuss something serious now I have to show some written evidence that its a real subject. :lol:

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #1190 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:16:46 PM »
:lol: :lol: Brilliant.

palnese

« Reply #1191 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:21:19 PM »
My dad's mate at school was half Malaysian and everyone including the teachers used to call him 'China' :lol:

Mid 70's this though.

Got a mate called Danny Chinese. He's from Vietnam.

Offline Sifu

• General Member
  • Too many smileys.
« Reply #1192 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:30:44 PM »
Just caught up with the last couple of pages, f***ing hate the word "chinky".

I know it's more used nowadays as a "short" way of saying Chinese Takeaway (this is something I just can't accept btw). However, I've heard it used in a derogatory way to describe me and my family when we had the takeaway (charva scum writing "f*** off you Chink b******s" on the front door back in the mid-90s); my brother even got bullied at school for having the "chinky disease" so you can understand my reasons for hating the word. Seriously whenever I hear it, I die a little inside.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #1193 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:33:49 PM »
Just caught up with the last couple of pages, f***ing hate the word "chinky".

I know it's more used nowadays as a "short" way of saying Chinese Takeaway (this is something I just can't accept btw). However, I've heard it used in a derogatory way to describe me and my family when we had the takeaway (charva scum writing "f*** off you Chink b******s" on the front door back in the mid-90s); my brother even got bullied at school for having the "chinky disease" so you can understand my reasons for hating the word. Seriously whenever I hear it, I die a little inside.

f***'s sake, terrible that like.

Some kids at school used to say "chinkies" and "pakis" but my mam always told us it was a horrible thing to say, so that was that.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #1194 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
I really want a some chicken chow mein now.

Offline Sifu

• General Member
  • Too many smileys.
« Reply #1195 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
The term is used a lot less these days which I am thankful for. Think I was spared the worst of the term really, my parents bore the brunt of it all those years ago.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #1196 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:46:48 PM »
:( as mentioned in this thread I think the vast majority just don't realise it's offensive.

I just knew the word in relation to Chinese food and never once stopped to think of it's real meaning, probably the definition of ignorance but to me it was like saying going for a McD's or going to a Weathers etc..  :undecided:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #1197 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:55:01 PM »
Nee one says wethers like. Not unless they're massive puffs.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #1198 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 09:56:30 PM »
People say Spoons though.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #1199 on: Wednesday 8 August 2012, 10:02:07 PM »
Nee one says wethers like. Not unless they're massive puffs.

You've answered your own statement there.