Author Topic: The Car Thread  (Read 256020 times)

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • this dog is judging the s*** out of that post
Re: The Car Thread
« Reply #6125 on: Tuesday 5 February 2019, 02:23:07 pm »
Anyone have any experience of the Jag E-Pace?

No, I have the F-Pace.  I traded the XE against it because the misses wanted something less sporty and I got a really good deal 3.9% finance and a top price on my trade in.  I felt the E-Pace was a bit small.

Thinking of getting an F-Pace. Tired of being unable to haul anything around in the coupe.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #6126 on: Thursday 7 February 2019, 02:13:11 am »
I’m liking my A-Class, very nice. Currently got my ambient lighting set to a warm gold.

The most Ian W post of all time

Did it on purpose :pow:

Online Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #6127 on: Thursday 7 February 2019, 12:31:03 pm »
Just looking to hard wire a dash cam to the fuse box.  Not really sure which bit I should connect it to, is this something I should get a pro to do or is it something that's fairly simple to figure out?  It seems pretty basic but not too comfortable about messing around with the fuse box :lol:

Offline Lotus

• General Member
« Reply #6128 on: Thursday 7 February 2019, 04:05:23 pm »
Is it thought that car prices will go up after March in the event of a no-deal Brexit? Would it make sense to trade in my VW now for a newer model?
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.

Online Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #6129 on: Friday 8 February 2019, 09:39:57 am »
Is it thought that car prices will go up after March in the event of a no-deal Brexit? Would it make sense to trade in my VW now for a newer model?

Pretty sure they've already started going up in most cases.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #6130 on: Friday 8 February 2019, 10:10:54 am »
HTT needs to be getting some commission from Mercedes, like :lol:

My thoughts too...
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #6131 on: Friday 8 February 2019, 10:16:50 am »
I’m liking my A-Class, very nice. Currently got my ambient lighting set to a warm gold.

Love that on mine as well.

Got myself some go faster stripes for mine...

Got the car washed by my nephew last week, but it’s rotten again. b****** to keep clean white cars. Will be the last white car I ever own.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #6132 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 06:37:33 am »
I'm looking at getting a decent hatchback.  Looked at the usual suspects, A Class, 1 Series and A3, but I think this looks a better car for the money:

https://www.holdcroft.com/used-car-details/used-volvo-v40-d4-190-r-design-pro-5dr-gear-hatchback-black-semi-auto-diesel/id-35541018/

The only thing I'd worry about is higher depreciation.  I'd appreciate any thoughts as this is the first time I've bothered to invest a little more in a car.

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #6133 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 10:25:08 am »
I'm looking at getting a decent hatchback.  Looked at the usual suspects, A Class, 1 Series and A3, but I think this looks a better car for the money:

https://www.holdcroft.com/used-car-details/used-volvo-v40-d4-190-r-design-pro-5dr-gear-hatchback-black-semi-auto-diesel/id-35541018/

The only thing I'd worry about is higher depreciation.  I'd appreciate any thoughts as this is the first time I've bothered to invest a little more in a car.

was thinking the same myself, was looking at new/ very low mileage, Petrol 2.0 Turbo

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #6134 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 05:51:05 pm »
Bought a 1.6 diesel Cross Country Lux.  Has a couple of extra packs, including the winter one.  So I'll let you know what it's like.
« Last Edit: Sunday 17 February 2019, 07:41:04 pm by David Edgar »

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #6135 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 07:58:15 pm »
Been invited to an owners party next week at the MB dealer I bought my car from, champaigne reception, AMG test drives, discounted overnight hotel stay and exclusive offers on all kinds of s*** etc. Sent me a huge list of cars they claim to be able to give me a massive discount on, new and used. Ive thought about one day when I’m finished with my car to replace it with an E63s 4matic estate or an S63. One such car on the list (S63) is one year old, 8k miles, 40k depreciation from new. They claim a guaranteed trade in value for my car regardless of condition which is obviously way below what I paid, but they will make up for that with a range of finance plans and this and that warranty/breakdown/opt out options included.

Might just go for the free drinks, test drives and day out...

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #6136 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 08:12:31 pm »
You know you are coming back with a new one, just admit it.

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #6137 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 08:15:43 pm »
Been invited to an owners party next week at the MB dealer I bought my car from, champaigne reception, AMG test drives, discounted overnight hotel stay and exclusive offers on all kinds of s*** etc. Sent me a huge list of cars they claim to be able to give me a massive discount on, new and used. Ive thought about one day when I’m finished with my car to replace it with an E63s 4matic estate or an S63. One such car on the list (S63) is one year old, 8k miles, 40k depreciation from new. They claim a guaranteed trade in value for my car regardless of condition which is obviously way below what I paid, but they will make up for that with a range of finance plans and this and that warranty/breakdown/opt out options included.

Might just go for the free drinks, test drives and day out...

Don't forget to put your car key in the bowl.

Offline Pixelphish

• General Member
« Reply #6138 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 08:19:02 pm »
:lol:
Aye. Just felt I did it at the same time as you and you came out tops every time. Just in a bad mood now after Pixelhax.

Have to get this out now:

Pixel you're either hacking with the demo, or you're too f***ing good to constantly hammer us to the ground with it every time we play. Starts to take the p*ss a bit. I mean, I don't want you to not enjoy the game, but at the same time I'd quite like to enjoy playing it too.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #6139 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 08:27:44 pm »
You know you are coming back with a new one, just admit it.

Nah, busy saving for a new house. If I do I’ll be saving up for a divorce...

Watch this space ;)

Online Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #6140 on: Yesterday at 10:00:30 am »
Got a mate to show me how to do all this detailing stuff yesterday. Spent ages with one of those polishing machines doing all the cutting, buffing, polishing, ect.

f*** me it takes a long time doesn't it? we were on well over an hour just doing the bonnet as a demo so I could learn how it's all done. f***ing winced at the price stickers on some of the stuff he was using too.

He's loaned me all his kit to have a go on the rest of the car. At this rate I'll just have to do a panel a night or something. Just getting my head around the order it all goes in is going to be a nightmare.

I feel like this could be a rabbit hole and a half I'm going down but for now at least I have a shiny as f*** bonnet  :D

Offline ToonTastic

• Administrator
  • General Member
« Reply #6141 on: Yesterday at 10:32:41 am »
Bought a 1.6 diesel Cross Country Lux.  Has a couple of extra packs, including the winter one.  So I'll let you know what it's like.

Love mine

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #6142 on: Yesterday at 01:41:45 pm »
Just got the new car list from work. Thinking of going with the A3 saloon (currently have an A4). Bit more economical and less on my P11D.

Any car experts have any info, pros/cons? Cheers.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #6143 on: Yesterday at 04:56:30 pm »
Haven't been bullied or overtaken on the wrong side of the road since I went from Smart to A-Class, and I'm doing exactly the same (normal) speeds. Either South London has mellowed or perception matters quite a bit.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #6144 on: Yesterday at 05:03:47 pm »
Haven't been bullied or overtaken on the wrong side of the road since I went from Smart to A-Class, and I'm doing exactly the same (normal) speeds. Either [b[South London has mellowed[/b] or perception matters quite a bit.

:lol: Think you've answered your own question there.
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #6145 on: Yesterday at 10:31:22 pm »

I had one of these. Bought it brand new in 2014 and absolutely loved it. It's was the R Design model in rebel blue and it looked the dogs bollocks. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

The wife had a Merc GLA which is based on the A class platform and the build quality was nowhere near as good as the Volvo.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile